Books in Development

SharonA_1970

Are we supposed to get any books or anything in development? I have been twice now and it seems a bit of a rip off still paying £66 a week when I am only getting the foodpacks and counselling now

You should get something I didnt but my LLC was crap we only found out what we should get once we moved LLC. I think there is a scrap book and not sure whatelse you should be getting.

Hope this helps and somebody else should let you know. I was in management when I moved so didnt pay much attention to what I didnt get in developers

Jo

There isn't much to support development. A blank scrapbook (which you could buy from any stationery shop for little cash) plus a thin booklet of about 10 pages explaining the types of activities your LLC will take you through. This stage really depends on the strengths of your LLC and how good your group dynamic is.

Personally I had a bad time initially and then swapped to another group. Since I did that, the sessions have been structured with a new thing to focus on each week and it has been great. But if your LLC isn't comfortable with the exercises, it wil feel like a waste of time.

Is it worth doing the first stage again after this 14 week course? I am nearly 9 weeks through and have missed 4 sessions (for different reasons) so would like to repeat the process again to understand the counselling side more. actually maybe i should have asked if it is possible to do that ?

thanks sil x

I don't think they let you do that because the people in the foundation group should be at the same stage and learning together.
Why don't you ask your LLC what activities she does in development to put your mind at rest? Since I swapped to a new developers group the sessions have been really valuable and I've started going through the green book in my own time to pick up any bits I missed.

Back