Booze Free November.... The results!

Jeniferous

Well i've lost 2 stone and 1 lb since the 11th July. I went booze free for November (a couple of days to go i know) and i've lost 9.5 lbs of that 2 stone 1 lbs. Meaning that I lost almost double in the month I didn't drink compared with the months I did. I usually lose about 3lbs a week now instead of 1. I think i'll keep this one up for a while!

I did miss the booze, i felt like i couldn't have as much fun as everyone else and diet coke does get boring but it's well worth considering whether to drink or not when i consider the results on both the scales and my bank balance!

It'll certainly make me think twice about the glass of vino! I don't think i'll make it as a permanent t-totaller though!

Can I ask when you were drinkig more, were you sticking within your syns or going over? I used to do my syns weekly and would have a few drinks on a weekend and consistently lost. However since falling off plan the drinking also increased. Just wondered whether you kept track of the sysns you'd used for alcohol previously?

I thought I had kept track or at least intended to but rarely did and after a couple of drinks i would lose track or the will to care. It wasn't always the alcohol either - it was the takeaway on the way home. Like last Thursday evening i went to see a friend play at a bar in town. I would have drunk in the past, left there at 9pm thinkin its too late to cook and had takeaway. This week I didn't drink, left at the same time but went to tesco's and bought one of those rice time pots. I think i'm just going to pre plan when i'll drink in the future so it doesn't become the routine for everytime i'm in a bar so i don't end up drinking thurs/fri/sat/sun. Make it a special occasion rather than the norm.

Back