Bored and Eating

Shornie

Hey Guys

I know I have not been on in ages but I am flat out at work. I have to say I am struggling to maintain at the mo as I am bored and I just want to eat all the time. I am fighting the urge but when I am looking at myself in the mirror and some of the pics that I have seen I think that I look like I have put on weight.

I feel like I am fitter than I have been as I am running further than I have ever ran 4-5k a day but whilst I am not eating a lot of junk it has started creeping back in to my diet. I think I need a few more hobbies to keep me active but i can't be bothered going out there and doing something. Catch 22 really, I am concious I am rambling and probably not making much sense so I will call it day. Just thought I would share my lethagy with you ......nearly didnt post this as I couldn't be bothered...lol :sigh::sigh::sigh:

Hey Shornie, I was just going to start a thread in roughly a similar vein...
I had a bad day yesterday from the moment I woke up, and what did I do....? ...I ate all day, as if cementing my bad day even more. I dont know what mentally drives us to want to eat when bored or p*ssed off, its beyond me... but this morning I'm starting a solid week of LT again, as I dont think I was ready mentally to refeed... (I ended up doing it earlier than anticipated)
I know I'm probably not helping you much, but just letting you know you aren't the only one out there like it :(

Sorry you are feeling down......the second half of the journey for all of us is keeping the weight off.....its that life changing bit I suppose....I dont have unfortunately much advice with my current condition but plan to be there by Christmas....have you considered joining Weight Watchers - a number of people on LT have done that to help with giving them the discipline around what to eat and to build a plan to maintain....its a good way of just checking you are on track....(an another hour out of the house!!)

Well, you have taken the first step by posting. I'm not very experienced on this forum, but I would say you are spiralling out of control and want to stop. You need to get to the chemist, step on the scales and see what the damage is. Then form an action plan.

We've all been there, many times in my case. I've found that the longer you put off this step the worse it gets and you end up back at square one. So do it now! You have done so well with your weight loss, so you owe it to yourself not to ruin it completely.

Good luck x

Toni sorry to here about your bad day, but hay ho that was me last week but good on you for going straight on it. It is difficult i know but you have done so well keep it up

Hey up mate how ya doing, get yourself in the lakes and do some walking, thats my plan also I will be walking in Gods country, Yorkshire!
These great places are on your door step - abuse em fella!
Hope ya better today Toni xxxx

Hey Shornie i know how you feel hun im having 1 of those days today!! Bored and Cannot be bothered to do anything and want to eat! Its an awful feeling but i refuse to give in to it! I want to join the gym but am struggling to do that too!

You have done great though hun and sounds like your exercise regime is fab, dont give in and ruin all your hard work..stick at it! I will if you do xxxxx

Cheers for that guys. I think my biggest problem has been I had some very large nights out and this hasn't helped. I was so drunk on friday night I even ended up in the Bury's finest night club.....its not good, it never is in Sol. lol

Lol Shornie, i want to go!! Not been there for ages lol xx

Did you go in the over 25s bit? Is it still a bit sticky? lol x

I was clutching to my youth and went down stairs, felt very old when I looked around. It was very sticky down stairs I lost one of my shoes....it was like swamp

Hahaha did you go when it was the roxy? Im too young for that lol xx

I am afraid to say I did. It was a dump then as well.

Have you managed to go on a large night out since coming off the LT...it feels really weird eating and drinking and being happy

Shornie, nice to hear from you again mate. Just look at your before and afters. That should be motivation enough. You did fantastic, but I suppose the real struggle begins now:cry: Hope you are feeling a bit better. I hear you when you are talking about clubbing it........I went to Oldham....not clubbing, just pubbing it and oh my goodness I felt old (I still could have pulled a young hottie if I'd wanted to LOL). I knew there would be lots of girlies showing every inch of their bodies so was prepared for that, but I can honestly say I hated it:(

Yeah Shornie, my first attempt at drinking was a disaster, i underestimated how much i could drink now without being ill!! I was very ill, didnt get out of toilet cubical for 2 hours!!
However, i went into Manchester on friday and was very careful..had a great night xx

Back