Bored of eating, bored of cooking, bored of slimming world.....

Rachieb1

I started slimming world 2 years ago and lost almost 2.5 stone, the past year about 10lbs has crept back on. Zi joined again online to motivate myself but I just can't do it. I'm bored of eating and cooking the same things all the time, and having disasters when ever I try to cook something new. Anyone else feel like this, what did you do? :sigh:

check out some of the recipes on here! what about tweaking some normal recipes to make them SW friendly, unfortunately whenever you try a new recipe it does sometimes end in diaster LOL! I've had a fair few :) one of my fave SW recipes is pizza chicken, its on the SW website.

There's really no reason to get bored of SW, so much free food to cook with. Have a look on the website and pick something different each day, but a magazine or a cookbook, make it exciting. There's hundreds of recipes on here too.

If you need motivation, why not join group rather than online (if possible).

i got abit bored too of the same usual meals just mixed up within the week... SO the online meals. Id randomly choose one and do that. even if it didnt sound too good or something i wouldnt usually choose. it was fun, different and i never got bored.
Im now going to go through my EE recipe book i bought an try new things out. it does help kickstart yourself again to how i was when i first joined :)

I am another one who does not understand bored with SW. Bored with cooking the same things all the time yes, but never with SW.

Please understand I am not being harsh just trying to point you in the right direction.

I find that varying the days by doing a fair mix of red and green makes a difference. I will do a fish day too and often use things like Iceland's peppered and lemon salmon, so easy and tasty. On a green day , a favourite is spiced roasted vegetables, again, tasty and easy also SW egg and chips with roasted tomatoes.

It is so easy to get stuck on the same old meals over and over. At times I am guilty of that too but as I said I try to avoid that by varying the days and using recipes on that are on line.................

Good luck and do try and stick with it. You will feel so good if you do,

hugs xxx

I just try to pick a different 'type' of food to cook each day eg, Spanish, itslian, Mexican, west Indian, English & find a recipe online which I can adapt to make it SW friendly. I have maybe 10 different dishes that I can make with chicken for example !

As everyone has said - shake it up. Check out all the recipes on here, on SW online (there are loads free and even more if you are an online member - which you can get at too if you go to class).

Or have a look at BritMum's site Slimming World Recipes - Slimming Eats there are some amazing recipes in there.

If your stats are right, you have a very healthy BMI and so close to target so don't give up. And yes, we all have disasters with new recipes - just try it a second time having worked out what went wrong forst time around.

Be honest, were you eating the same meals before you were on SW? Pizza once a week, spag Bol, takeaway? Is it that you're bored of the food or bored of trying?

I only ask this as I've been in this predicament and in the best Eastenders impression 'I 'ad to 'ave a word wiv meself!'

Now a surprising thing helped me..... Taking a picture of every meal and posting it on our SW group! I take great pride in some of my recipes!
Maybe you could do the same with a food diary on here?

Hi There.
Follow my link below to access my recipes, you should find something there that you will like +200 recipes!
Pete

I find myself easily getting stuck in a rut with SW, and that's not the fault of the plan, it's just me! I cook the same things, eat the same things, get myself in a routine. But that is so silly as there are SO many amazing recipes to try. It's just me being lazy!!

So this weekend, I have really kicked myself up the bum, got all my old magazines out, trawled through all the recipes on the website and on here, and have made a big menu of things I want to try - and then ordered all the ingredients from asda online. Now I feel excited again to be doing SW and try a bunch of new things!

Have fun with it!

xxxx

Our consultant advises trying a different supermarket, because you become do familiar you could do it blindfolded! and if you buy what you always buy you'll eat what you always eat! If you can't go that try walking to the back of the store and working backwards..

I do meal plans and work like Kingleds said on different cuisines or ingredients.
Like carrots are cheap so I trawl the net for a recipe that looks interesting. Or I bought some bulgur wheat one week and made a lovely salad etc x

Shirleen said:
Our consultant advises trying a different supermarket, because you become do familiar you could do it blindfolded! and if you buy what you always buy you'll eat what you always eat! If you can't go that try walking to the back of the store and working backwards..

I do meal plans and work like Kingleds said on different cuisines or ingredients.
Like carrots are cheap so I trawl the net for a recipe that looks interesting. Or I bought some bulgur wheat one week and made a lovely salad etc x

Crikey my sainsburys is quite big but I swear to god they turn it around every time I walk out cos everything seems to move when I go back! I dont think I'd cope if I tried a different supermarket ;-)

Back