Boredom Eating...

Little Miss Determined

Skinny here I come!!
How do people manage it, I am pregnant and a stay at home wife currently studying and I feel the need to eat all the time I need help!! :wave_cry:

How do people manage it, I am pregnant and a stay at home wife currently studying and I feel the need to eat all the time I need help!! :wave_cry:

Hi hun, try not to worry too much. I think there are a lot of people out there who have the same issue - they eat when they become bored. I was one of these people, and am just learning to curb it.

I would eat all of the time. Not because I was hungry, but because I was bored. When the soaps came on, I'd settle down with a bag of crisps (or two), cup of tea, and a handful of biscuits (hence the reason I am now on Slimming World!).

Anyway, now I find non-food ways to cure my bordem. Try and do things to distract yourself. For example, if I feel the urge coming on I tend to do something to take my mind off it. I would have a nice long bath with the Slimming World magazine and get my head back into the plan. I often paint my nails too, or try out different hair styles, etc. I will now even go out for a walk, or play on the Wii as a way of taking my mind off food and curing the boredom.

Everyone is different and likes to do different things, but I'm sure you can find something to help you overcome this habbit.

Hope this helps a little xx

stay at home mum of 5 here :D so i feel ur pain!I just have fruit like raspberries, blueberries, grapes, anything that's small and feels like I'm having loads of when a shove a handful in me gob lol does the trick usually :)

Hey Angie I have 5 too! I do work a couple of evenings a week though. It's hard when you're in all day and if the kids are bickering all I want to do is eat! I guess you've got to try and fill the day as best you can. I find days when we're out for a good while are easier. Also as others have said having lots of fruits and veggies to snack on. Good luck!

Hi ive got four and im a stay at home mom, im not looking forward to next week, my house will be full of kids and their mates and also full of treats and goodies, how will i manage!

I found that my obsession with this forum limited the amount of time I spend eating :D

I agree about the superfree- I tend to gorge on strawberries and pineapple xx

Back