Puddings bournville (beetroot) brownies

alfsmummy11

Silver Member
Ok so i was bored and came up with this. Makes about 15 brownies and NEEDS SPLENDA SWEETNER as the others make it bitter. Blugh.

6 Eggs
2 Ounces of cocoa powder ( bournville to make bournville brownies of course) if not bournville another good quality one suitable for baking.
1 Ounce low fat marg suitable for baking.
6 Tablespoons of splenda
4 Teaspoon actual sugar.

For the beetroot adapted ones will need beetroot. Fresh plain not pickled.

Preheat oven to 180" grease cake tin with frylight.

Melt marg.

Separate eggs and mix the whites to form soft peaks.

In a separate bowl whisk yolks gradually stir in sugar, Sweetner and vanilla essence. Add cocoa once smooth. Gradually add whites to the mixture and the melted marg.

Pour into cake or baking tin and bake for 10~12 mins. Eat cold x

For the beetroot version

top, tail and peel the beetroot - you'll need about 400g flesh. Roug chop and put into a large bowl. Add a splash of water, cover with cling film, microwave for about 12 mins. This is then added to the mixture after the egg whites have been stirred in. Beetroot will release a natural sweetness when cooked.

Syns- 18.5 for whole thing xx

alfsmummy11 said:
For the beetroot version

top, tail and peel the beetroot - you'll need about 400g flesh. Roug chop and put into a large bowl. Add a splash of water, cover with cling film, microwave for about 12 mins. This is then added to the mixture after the egg whites have been stirred in. Beetroot will release a natural sweetness when cooked.

Syns- 18.5 for whole thing xx

*** 400 Grams is about 3~4 medium beets xx***

how many syns for the first one hun? and is it only splenda or just a sucrose based sweetener not aspartame? xxxx

ahh i see so the top recipe without the beetroot, is that just before u put the beetroot in? i got excited! lol xxx

lol sounds strange i know, but what exactly does it taste like? must have an odd texture! i dont like beetroot, but does it taste like beetroot? haha sorry for sounding dumb xxx

juicygooseface said:
lol sounds strange i know, but what exactly does it taste like? must have an odd texture! i dont like beetroot, but does it taste like beetroot? haha sorry for sounding dumb xxx

U have to blend it so it gos Live a smooth paste x

Thanks for this! I've had beetroot chocolate cake before it was absoloutely divine! Will defo be trying this :D

ahh i see u have to squish it :) cool beans. will def have to try. thankyou!! xxxx

thats ok, i imagined it with sliced beetroot in it!! xxx

Sorry to ask, but I really can't bake, the beetroot version is this with the cocoa powder or without?
And how many brownies does it make?

xxx
sorry to be a pest alfsmummy.

Last edited:
Janeasetler said:
Sorry to ask, but I really can't bake, the beetroot verison is this with the cocoa powder or without?
And how many brownies does it make?

xxx
sorry to be a pest alfsmummy.

Your not a pest. Its still with the cocoa powder. It makes as many as u like. Can get about 20 ok slices xx

Back