Brand new... first group tonight and am petrified!

LittleSausage

is not so little
Hi! I'm 26 and have been overweight FOREVER. Have decided to bite the bullet and join my local Slimming World group. Have heard all sorts of good things about it, and I hope that being part of a group will keep me motivated, as trying diets by myself has always failed.

First meeting is tonight at 7pm!

welcome to minimins and good luck with class tonight.

Take one day at tome and enjoy.

One piece of advice I would give you is to read and re read your book it will be your bible :D

good luck with your class tonight, don't forget to start a food diary - it really helps :)

Hope your meeting went well, my first is on Wednesday!! Hope it's not too scary!! I am going to measure myself the day of my first meeting so I can see what I losing size wise as well as the weight on the scales! I've found loads of help, advice and recipes on minimins and it all looks great so far!!
Good luck with your weight loss journey!!

Kelly x

Thanks for all your kind replies!
The first group was great, and I thought I understood how it worked. Even the weigh-in was not half as bad as I thought. Maybe it's years of being so down on myself that I thought I was heavier than I am. Which is a bonus. (Still an awful lot of weight to lose, though!)

Hi I thought I would try and lose a few pounds this year too.
Hope your class went well.
good luck I am sure after the first few weeks you will wonder what the problem was all this time.
I guess the really hard bit will come later :)

Glad the meeting went well, well done for biting the bullet! SW is fab, I'm loving it so far!

Back