Brand new to weight watchers

izzay

Hi! I'm Alice, and I have just decided to switch from SW to WW. I lost 2 stone on SW but have unfortunately put most of it back on :(
I've found it really hard to get on to the SW plan so I thought a change would be good. I have signed up online for 3 months and been given a 33PP allowance.
I've found that I've not been given much information about the plan online and just kind of been left to get on with it :(
I am hoping that some of you here will be able to let me know anything important about the plan? I found that with SW when I tried to follow it online it made no sense until I went to a group and had it all explained...I can't do that with WW :( Please help me :) xx

Hi and welcome :)

I'm also on 33 points a day. Do you know about the weeklies? You get an extra 49 points per week to use as you wish. You could use a few each day, or use them all at the weekend, or not at all (though some people find they lose more weight when they eat their weekly points).

Do you have the weight watchers iphone app? I use the pro points calculator on there, and something to be aware of is that you could have something that is 1pp for instance so you would assume two of them are 2pp but in actual fact two are 3pp. It's annoying when that happens which is why I always check on the calculator when I'm having 2 or 3 of something.

I like weight watchers because no food is off limits. I can eat what I want as long as I track it and fit it in with my points. I lost 3lbs this week and I've been eating cake and chocolate!

Hi, thanks for the replies :) Yes I have read about weeklies, but I have to admit I was skeptical because it seems like being able to eat anything I want in moderation, and then having more on top of that is crazy!!
I took today as a day to read up more about that plan and tomorrow is my first proper day. I did point my food today, but went way over my allowed points because I just wanted to get used to adding things in. I think its going to be weird being able to eat loads of things I would have avoided on SW. I have to say though I am used to looking for free foods and avoiding syns....so when I see something is 1 point its hard to think 'thats good' and not 'lets find something free'.
Tomorrow is my first day on plan.... *fingers crossed*
How are you finding it BeachBabe?

well yesterday I used 20 odd of my weeklies as well as my 39 daily ones , I totally felt like I had had a binge but I kept track of everything instead of just writing the day off.... I did feel like I had cheated though.
Today Iv had all my dailys plus just 3 weeklies I feel like Iv eaten really well!
It is a lot to get your head round at first isn't it but I think planning ahead is def the key to getting it right, good luck for tomorrow x

BTW Iv found some fab little finds already!
Laughing cow extra light cheese triangles are only 1pt for 3
Walkers French fries are 2pts
and you can seriously have a bucket load of Hellmans lighter than light for 1pt...well maybe not exactly a bucket load but you catch my drift :D

Hi Alice.

I'm also doing WW propoints and thought I'd subscribe to this thread so I can follow how you get on with your weight loss journey.

I don't use my weeklies at all.
I just use my dailies every day.
Then, if I go over my dailies due to having a big meal out or something (meals out are usually the only reason I'd go over my dailies, and I've only been out twice since starting WW two months ago) then I use my activity points.
These can be gained by doing any sort of activity (clue's in the name really lol), like cycling, walking, going to the gym, doing a fitness DVD, so many different options. These points can be used or not used at any time during the week as you see fit.
Again, I try not to use these if I can help it, but I will use my activity points and earn more to cover a meal, before using my weeklies.
And so far it's worked for me.

I have both the Eating Out Guide and the Shop Guide which have pro points values for lots of foods from the various supermarkets (Shop) and items on restaurant menus (Eating Out), so if ever you have a query about the points of a food, feel free to ask, and I'll do my best to help you point it.

However, I would highly recommend buying the Deluxe Starter Kit for £24.95.
It has both guides in them, as well as a journal (I love writing in mine), a Move More, Sit Less book (giving suggestions on how to earn activity points) and a Pedometer.
This is the real bargain here, because the Pedometers are £16.95 on their own.
I absolutely love mine.
I wear it as soon as I get up and don't take it off until I go to bed.
It tracks all my steps, turning them into activity points and also I can switch it on to a setting that I can use when I'm in the gym.

I hope you get on well with losing weight, and I'll be here to help if you've got any questions =D
x

I really like the laughing cow extra light triangles as I can have 1 for 0pp spread over 4 ryvita crackerbreads which are 2pp for 4

Hi! I'm Alice, and I have just decided to switch from SW to WW. I lost 2 stone on SW but have unfortunately put most of it back on :(
I've found it really hard to get on to the SW plan so I thought a change would be good. I have signed up online for 3 months and been given a 33PP allowance.
I've found that I've not been given much information about the plan online and just kind of been left to get on with it :(
I am hoping that some of you here will be able to let me know anything important about the plan? I found that with SW when I tried to follow it online it made no sense until I went to a group and had it all explained...I can't do that with WW :( Please help me :) xx

Welcome and Good Luck Sweetie, Hope you're getting on ok so far. Looking forward to reading your journey. X

Thanks for all the replies and tips :)
I've had two days fully on plan now :)
Yesterday I had hardly any points in the day as I had an exam and was feeling a bit nervous so only ate fruit and a few points, so I treated myself to a macdonalds. This was totally within my points....if I can loose and eat that Im impressed!!!
Today I have been good, no junk and three proper meals, and I have three points left over so Im going to have a jaffa mini roll now :)
Elfy...Where would I get the starter kit from??? That sounds good :)
Beachbabe...Im scared to use my weeklies...Im worried I will want something later in the week and wont be able to have it so I am trying to avoid using them....but I guess today Ive deprived myself by doing that so its a bit of a catch 22 :(
I just really want to loose this weight now....I cant wait until Tuesday to weigh myself lol.
Tomorrow I am going to go swimming and try to gain some activity points because I feel bad about my macdonalds lol.
I hope everyone else has had a good day too :D

You can get the starter kit at weight watchers online there's. little shop there. I also bought it!! I love it and use every book and my pedometer religiously. I found it well worth the money. Alternatively you can get it at a meeting :). Good luck with your tracking Hun it does get easier. Xx

Thanks for all the replies and tips :)
I've had two days fully on plan now :)
Yesterday I had hardly any points in the day as I had an exam and was feeling a bit nervous so only ate fruit and a few points, so I treated myself to a macdonalds. This was totally within my points....if I can loose and eat that Im impressed!!!
Today I have been good, no junk and three proper meals, and I have three points left over so Im going to have a jaffa mini roll now :)
Elfy...Where would I get the starter kit from??? That sounds good :)
Beachbabe...Im scared to use my weeklies...Im worried I will want something later in the week and wont be able to have it so I am trying to avoid using them....but I guess today Ive deprived myself by doing that so its a bit of a catch 22 :(
I just really want to loose this weight now....I cant wait until Tuesday to weigh myself lol.
Tomorrow I am going to go swimming and try to gain some activity points because I feel bad about my macdonalds lol.
I hope everyone else has had a good day too :D

I'd definitely recommend getting the Deluxe Starter Kit Sweetie, I bought the Basic one and 4 Weeks in and I've had to shell out more for the a pedometer, should of just got the a deluxe one to start with, oops! X

Pretty much what they said. You can buy it online.

I got mine at meeting and it's one of the best purchases I've made since starting weight watchers.

I use the food guides all the time and my pedometer is on me from the second I get up to the minute I go to bed.

Also, I really love using the journal.
It's got a really nice layout to it.

Pretty much what they said. You can buy it online.

I got mine at meeting and it's one of the best purchases I've made since starting weight watchers.

I use the food guides all the time and my pedometer is on me from the second I get up to the minute I go to bed.

Also, I really love using the journal.
It's got a really nice layout to it.

Listen to Emma! I didn't when she said buy the Deluxe one and now I've had to spend the extra out! X

Back