Brand new user - 1 week in to Slimming World!

SussexLoser

Hello everyone!

This looks like the forum I've been looking for all week!

Was horrified to see 79.2 kg on the scales last weekend. I'm 5' 6.5" (size 14) and that's the heaviest I've ever been. I'd been thinking about signing up to Sliming World for a while (as knew I'd been putting weight on) but seeing those numbers on the scales was just the push I needed.

I'm doing SW online and have stuck to it rigidly all week (Easy Extra every day). I've also done two decent swims (45-55 mins each) and a 10 mile bike ride. I'm weighing in for the first time today and am really excited / nervous!

Hey SussexLoser, you're doing better than me. I'd be thrilled to be a size 14 again (I do remember the first time I hit it and like you was upset though). I too am doing the Slimming World diet, although will probably attend a group from next week :)

If you need some moral support along the way let me know. I pride myself on always being able to see the positives of any situation so I am here if you need the occasional pep talk!

I was / am over the moon with 2.3kg lost in week 1 and will be trying my best to keep it up. I know there will be some tricky temptations / challenges in the weeks and months to come but I'm well up for it as am so determined to make the change.

Let me know how the group goes next week!

Hey SussexLoser, you're doing better than me. I'd be thrilled to be a size 14 again (I do remember the first time I hit it and like you was upset though). I too am doing the Slimming World diet, although will probably attend a group from next week :)

I think we've all had that 'oh my' moment on the scales lol although my moment was seeing a picture of myself that kicked me up the arse. You know when you look at the picture and you swear it's not you, but horrifyingly it is. I've had quite a few rocky days/weeks but have managed to get it under control again which previously I'd failed at. Well done on your first week, good luck for the next one :)

hey can you offer me some motivation please I've been on and off this plan but never keep on track any diary plans to share this is my first day without going to club so heres my plan for today.
Breakfast 3 eggs scrambled 1 sw iceland sausage beans and a coffee.
lunch small can of tuna in spring water with rocket,red onion,toms 1 cup of tea 1 banana.
Dinner, cottage pie with swede mash with peas/carrots
H/E 350ml skimmed milk maybe 2 hi fi light bars. and lots of tea /coffee/water .
any ideas to make it easy for me to stay on track I'm desperate need to lose my weight as got crippling osteoarthritis and can't really exercise.

many thanks

Hi Tesspot :) My two best pieces of advice are:

1) plan your days: before you food shop, make a plan for the week of what you're eating right down to the snacks, label it up, HexA, HexB, syns and only buy those things.
2) Write it all down. Everything. Every item that passes your lips. It stops you having extra syns you forget about (one square of chocolate doesn't hurt, right? Wrong!). Sometimes it helps setting up a diary on here so that you're accountable to people other than yourself (we are after all, more likely to be too lenient or too hard on ourselves).

Hope that helps! I'm doing it from home too without club support so give me a shout if you're struggling :)

Hi Tesspot :) My two best pieces of advice are:

1) plan your days: before you food shop, make a plan for the week of what you're eating right down to the snacks, label it up, HexA, HexB, syns and only buy those things.
2) Write it all down. Everything. Every item that passes your lips. It stops you having extra syns you forget about (one square of chocolate doesn't hurt, right? Wrong!). Sometimes it helps setting up a diary on here so that you're accountable to people other than yourself (we are after all, more likely to be too lenient or too hard on ourselves).

Hope that helps! I'm doing it from home too without club support so give me a shout if you're struggling :)

Bloody good advice right there, especially number 1. I went shopping today having a really good idea of what I would be eating and making and made sure I had plenty of free food, cereal bars for Hex and I feel I'm totally ready for the week. Before I'd shopped I just couldn't think of much I could eat, even though there was stuff, I just couldn't string it together to make a meal I wanted to eat!

Hi sussexloser, we are about the same so it will be good to know how you are getting on. I only started 10 days ago and have lost 3lb so far but i know that will slow down. Every lb is a bonus.

Hi sussexloser, we are about the same so it will be good to know how you are getting on. I only started 10 days ago and have lost 3lb so far but i know that will slow down. Every lb is a bonus.

Hello @specsaverchick! Welcome and well done so far! 3lb is a fab start and your philosophy (that every lb is a bonus) will stand you in great stead. I'd love to hear how you're finding it so far - any hints / tips or questions?

I've just got back from a week long holiday and have a feeling I've put a bit on. I'm prepared for it though - I'm going straight back 100% "on plan" tomorrow morning. And will also need to weigh in (ouch!)

I've just got back from a week long holiday and have a feeling I've put a bit on. I'm prepared for it though - I'm going straight back 100% "on plan" tomorrow morning. And will also need to weigh in (ouch!)

Ah yes the dreaded holiday weigh in, fingers crossed you haven't gained to much. I see your doing the online SW. I used to go to the meetings but felt i didn't fit in, and was annoyed they still charged even when you dont turn up, I was never told this when i signed up. I have to 2014 books, so im sure there are updates for it, was thinking about doing the online one. Ill see how i get on doing it on my own for now as there are alot of resources of help on the internet these days.

I have a feeling that SW launched new plans in late 2014 / early 2015 (if I am wrong about the timing I am sure someone will be along soon to correct me!). If you've had a look round this site and / or on the SW website then you'll probably have seen this already.

Instead of red and green days (which to be honest I haven't fully clued myself up on) there are now Extra Easy days and Extra Easy SP days. I use the former as my default plan and then try to chuck in an Extra Easy SP day at least once a week (they're the 'super charged' option which are supposed to boost results).

I know what you mean about preferring to fly solo instead of going to group. I work long hours and have a long commute so wouldn't actually be able to get to sessions very easily. But in any case I think I'm happy (for now at least) doing it on my own. I do find forums like this one really helpful, especially when I need some moral support during a tough week!

The books i have i am following the EE plan so maybe i have the updated ones.. Just weighed this morning and another pound gone. I wish i could stop weighing every day, im gonna have to hide my scales...

Back