Bread is not my friend

mama22

Silver Member
Have started adding foods and cal counting with the odd cd product and was doing great all week. Then yesterday I had 1 and a half slices of seeded batch toasted for breakfast and stood on the scales this morning 2.6lb higher then yesterday. Think it's safe to say bread and me don't mix

LOL bread is definately my enemy! event he smell makes me put on weight!

I've eaten 2 slices of wholemeal nimble today, which so far, seems to be ok. I think its the Magnum I just ate which might cause a problem....... x

I eat 4-6 slices of Hovis wholemeal medium sliced every day but have still lost 2 stone in 2 months

Well at least I have learnt what I can't eat bread and pasta, I am going to try wholemeal pasta and see if that's the same but will wait for the bread damage to pass. On a positive I am making paprika popcorn for the pictures later then it's healthy and not covered in salt. Jess I could have killed for an ice cream today and the van was outside school when I collected my lo

Hi Mama 22
I too suffer from serious carb bloating which is the result of a slight intolerance to wheat, but a great way to combat this is to eat rice pasta, it tastes exactly the same and let's you eat your spag bog etc minus the Michelin man effect. This can be purchased from your local supermarket.
Well done on your weightloss it really is inspirational to read.
Dolly x

Bread is so tasty but so bad for you!

wholemeal pasta is yummy and a bit better for you but carb-wise it is the same as regular pasta. A real shame! Most of us miss bread and pasta so much.

Men of course can get away with eating more than women and yet still lose weight fast! Even four slices of bread.... lol.

Hi Mamma - same for me, I love bread but it hates me on the scales, sadly I think it will be relegated to the 'treat' section of my menus when I start properly introducing food.

:(

PGD x

Oh dear yes BREAD is a swear word......I love it and its the stuff that has been pulling me down over the last week, great all day and then stupid bread at night call's me! I am going to try to think of bread as something nasty to try and stop me from its call!

Back