Breakfast ideas

Filling Breakfast

Does anyone have any tips for a filling breakfast? Sort of a silly question, but I'm never sure what to eat. If I just eat fruit it doesn't fill me up and then I'm tempted to snack on something unhealthy before lunch. Help much appreciated, thanks!

i agree with the pp. I often have boiled or scrambled eggs. What about porridge as a heb?

Yesterday I had 2 slices wholemeal toast (from 400g loaf) topped with 2 sliced boiled eggs and sliced tomatoes and I was more than full till lunchtime.

I sometimes have magic porridge, mix porridge with a fat free yogurt, leave in fridge overnight. I put lots of fruit with it, very filling

This, but with more superfree (mushrooms, tomatoes, onions). Yum yum. )

6112255871_cd53e520e9_o.jpg

Every morning I have either...

57g wholemeal bread toasted, bacon medallions & poached/scrambled eggs

Toast & poached/scrambled eggs

Toast, scrambled eggs & beans

Bacon sandwich

bacon, eggs, mushrooms & tomatoes

I can't last an hour if I don't have a filling breakfast and every morning is a cooked breakfast, I can't do cereals or fruit in the mornings as they don't fill me :sigh:

I have weetabix and a fruit salad nearly everyday when I'm working, if I'm on a day off I usually have bubble and squeak, eggs and beans so filling!

But I do find some days I'm usually hungrier then others but I also fill up on loads of water before lunch to keep me going :)

I nearly always have 2 slices of reduced fat cheese (HEXa) on 3 ryvita crackerbreads with Marmite (1/2 HEXb) with an Alpen light (1/2 HEXb) & an Activia fat free yoghurt to follow washed down with a Nescafe skinny cappucino with sugar free syrup to follow. Very satisfying & it feels quite naughty too :eek:) Only 2 1/2 syns & 2 HEXs.

On working days I tend to have porridge with golden syrup added (synned) and a banana 2 slices of toast with marmalade (synned) 2 weetabix with milk. If I've got time I might have a scrambled egg on toast or a bacon sandwich.
On a weekend I have a massive fry up lol

You could always try this minus the salad!.....

Pete’s Big breakfast

Better as a main meal

Ingredients

2 large tomatoes
2 large mushrooms
42g mozzarella cheese
2 rashers of bacon (fat removed)
1 large potato pealed and cut into 1cm cubes
2 tablespoons of baked beans
1 fresh egg
Home made savoury rice
Small carrot
Small onion
Sweet pepper
Basil leaves

Method

Make up your savoury rice by cooking 2 Tablespoons of rice add 1 small chopped carrot,, ½ small onion, ¼ sweet pepper in a cup full of water, when the water has been absorbed then allow the rice to steam by putting a lid on the pan.
Cut the top off each tomato and remove the seeds, dribble a small amount of balsamic vinegar into each tomato and then fill with the rice, season with salt & pepper.
Prepare the mushrooms by removing the stork, add the cheese and basil leaves
Lightly oil a oven dish with fry light and place the tomatoes and mushrooms in, place in a hot oven at 180c .
Put the diced potatoes in the oven after placing in a oven dish and spraying in fry light..
Warm the beans up and prepare the egg to be poached.
When the potatoes are light brown toss them over and add the bacon to the oven.
Start the egg cooking.
Turn out on to a large plate
Enjoy!

Attachments

• Big breakfast-1.JPG
    Big breakfast-1.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 260
An old favourite, good old beans on two toast!

Loads of fab ideas above. Love em.

If you want to save you A & B and have a sweet tooth, some cooked wholegrain rice mixed into some yogurt with sweetner, with frit added or on the side, is pretty filling (whole rice being a slow release carb it should keep you going).

A weekday working brekkie for me is very often 2 weetabix, milk, and topped with fruit. I also snack on fruit until lunch or maybe a bar of some kind if i want to spare a hex b. Fruit tea helps with my cravings in the morning. With regular tea i always wanted a biscuit but with fruit tea it doesnt affect me!

Breakfast on the go ideas please!

Morning all
I'm back at SW this week after a summer off and trying to get some inspiration! I have quite a commute to work each day so I tend to have breakfast in the car on the way. Previous to SW I was having a bagel but they are too high on SW so I'm in need of some new ideas.

Couldn't you just munch on some fruit and then have breakfast when you get to work?

I have breakfast at my desk every morning, saying that i'm not sure what you do, so don't know how applicable that would be.

xx

I usualy have alpen lights or a big banana if im in a hurry for breakfast. Or you could make a BLT butty with 2 slices of wholemeal bread :)

Back