Breakfast ideas

Breakfast quiche
Scrambled egg on toast (you can do the egg in the microwave in 90 seconds)
SW rice pudding
Yoghurt and fruit
Stewed apple or rhubard (HEB) with yoghurt
Cereal bars
Sandwich
Ryvita or crackerbreads with egg, tuna mayo or hummous

Smoothies are a great way to do breakfast! They are quick and easy, full of fruit and really filling! Plus you can transport them, drink on the way to work or at work. x

Smoothies are a great way to do breakfast! They are quick and easy, full of fruit and really filling! Plus you can transport them, drink on the way to work or at work. x

do you have to syn the fruit if they are smoothies? i know with oranges, if you squeeze them into juice, they could be synned?

Hmm, I think it would depend on the type of fruit you use. Maybe if you kept it slightly pulpy. And instead of using all milk try using mullerlight yoghurt to top it up. That way you can make more with less syns!

TazS said:
do you have to syn the fruit if they are smoothies? i know with oranges, if you squeeze them into juice, they could be synned?

Yes you are quite right, once fruit is either blitzed or cooked it needs to be synned.

You could have a milkshake with you HEXA mIlk and sweetener and flavouring maybe mixed with yogurt or quark or fat free Greek yog to thicken

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Can anyone give me some ideas for breakfasts. I usually do Extra Easy but use my HEB for lunch, have tried having fruit & yoghurt but just doesnt seem to fill me up. Dont really have much time in mornings either so ideas for a quick & filling brekkie would be fab.

Make a SW quiche or a frittata using lots of freefoods - I make mine in an 8" square pyrex dish and I get 4 large portions out of that. It should last 3 or 4 days in a tub in the fridge. Grab a slice of that - either eat cold or warm in microwave and serve with some baked beans or microwaved fresh tomatoes.

Breakfast question

Hi all,

I'm new so apologies if this has been asked before... But I'm just a bit curious about what everyone thinks of the 1/3 super free foods for breakfast.

Today I had 2 weetabix with yogurt for my heb but then had some pineapple to ensure I had my 1/3 super free. I would normally be happy with just the weetabix but I want to do this properly and get my super free in. I understand we have to eat our hxb to ensure we get our fibre in so I kinda feel we have to eat more rather than substitute unhealthy for healthy food, if you understand me?!

I'm sure it's so we are full for a longer time with healthy food but still seems a bit strange!

I'm not complaining about the plan at all and am more than happy with how it's going was just wondering what everyone else thought of it...

Anyway.... Happy loses everyone!

Bernie x

I think with breakfast it wouldnt matter if you didnt have your 1/3 superfree. I have toast with egg on and have mushrooms to get mine

You should eat superfree with each meal to help with portion control, nsturally reduce your cslorie intske, and as it keeps you full for longer. You could have fruit & yog for brekkie - which would still leave you with your HEX's free for other things if you feel you are too full. I try and eat my superfree first in each meal as its the lowest calorie food on my plate and if i fill up on it i will naturally be lowering my calorie intake

I dont tend to have it with my brekkie, Im fully satisfied off my porridge and dont like fruit in my porridge so dont want to add it. I have a piece of fruit an hour later I dont see the difference of having it with meal or an hour later??

Beckyftwx said:
I dont tend to have it with my brekkie, Im fully satisfied off my porridge and dont like fruit in my porridge so dont want to add it. I have a piece of fruit an hour later I dont see the difference of having it with meal or an hour later??

On extra easy Its because the 1/3 rd superfree rule is there to naturally limit your calorie intake without you counting calories. Superfree foods are high in energy density ( so more filling) and lower in calories - and most cases high in fibte. If you eat your superfree an hour after your breakfast you aren't naturally limiting you calories.

Hi,

The whole thong about limiting your calories is exactly what I'm getting at. If I have my heb (which I have to have all of to follow sw to the letter) I also have to add an extra, albeit small amount, lot of calories by adding an super free food. I'm never hungry before lunch so although it's designed to stop me snacking it's not really an issue for me.

I will continue to eat the 1/3 super free but was just curious :)

Yes our c told us to eat the superfree first so as to limit intake. I dont do the ee but have a feeling I may have to try soon as my loss isnt too good atm and I feel I am struggling a bit now!

Back