Breakfast ideas

I'm still too new at this to do anything other than follow plan and i don't tend to question the rules too much as i'm still trying to get to grips with them! 1/3rd Superfree makes complete sense to me- also - i believe the theory is to start with superfree to fill up. Instead of having you hex's at brekkie if you are full from superfree have them later on instead of some other free food - thats how you reduce calorie in take. Superfree is supposed to be instead rather than in addition to free food.
Having said this, this is the first time i've ever really dieted so i don't know when i can get away with tweaking the plan unlike others on here, and i reckon its all to with what works for you. What i do know is there are alot of people on here how've lost shed loads of weight on SW by following it to the letter, so i'll continue to try & do that!

also - i believe the theory is to start with superfree to fill up. Instead of having you hex's at brekkie if you are full from superfree have them later on instead of some other free food - thats how you reduce calorie in take. Superfree is supposed to be instead rather than in addition to free food.

Sorry - but how someone wants to use their HEX is completely personal preference. You get 2 a day, and it is expected that when they are gone, you use free food instead (or syns). Having the HEx before the free food doesn't mean you won't have the HEx later in addition to free food.

I say having 2 weetabix, and then some pineapple mid morning later on is the same as having pineapple and weetabix together, or just pineapple on it's own and using the HEx on anything else later on.

I totally agree its up to you! In fact, pretty sure i said almost that exact thing in my post. The OP was asking why the rule was there - and i explained, as i understand it, why that is the case. Last time i checked its a free country so do whatever works for you!!

Breakfast ideas??

I rush out in the mornings and like today I reached for oats so simple 36g sachet with water and 3 tsp sweetner. I've just read that oats so simple is 6.5 syns and to me that's alot. I'm doing the green days so does anyone know any quick breakfasts hopefully with low syn. Thank you x

I do green and have the oatso simple on weekdays. One sachet of the plain with berries or banana. It is a hexB and the milk is part of a hexA.

If I have a scanbran, I chuck it in too to complete the hexB.

As above if its original flavour you can have it as heb. I tend to have eggs for brekkie even before sw. I put two onto boil while i do my make up in the kitchen! Fruit is always good you can just grab it and go.

I normally have a banana, a HiFi bar/alpen light/oatibix bar and a yogurt!! I always do green x

Is oatibix bar a heb?

I have magic porridge as my weekday brekkie. mix 28g of oats (HEB) with some FF yogurt the night before and cover and leave in fridge. By morning the oats have sucked up all the yogurt and it's yummy. Like cold porridge. I use the Activia FF yogs, and normally add some fruit to it too.

It takes 30seconds to make the night before, and fills me up til lunch time :)

x

Quorn sausages with beans and mushrooms, yummy. I cook the quorn sausages and mushrooms the night before and reheat in microwave at work with beans. Or a omelette is syn free and quick and easy my favourite is mushroom, sometimes i will use my HE A of cheese.

I noticed alot of people say porrigge. I am brand new, startting plan tomorrow (scarry!) and was thinking oat so simple porrige would be an excelent easy start, but I noticed it was 5 syns and thought that was a lot to be using up in my first meal of the day?

Thanks

Hi

If I am in a rush I pop some 2 WW bread toasted with 1tsp honey(1syn) or Natural FF yoghurt over sliced apple, strawberries with crunched bran flakes(hexB) and 1 tsp honey(1syn)

I loooove Honey lol.

Lisa xx

Not eating breakfast is one of my biggest problems. So this week I made a frittata with 8 eggs, 50g low fat cheese, mushrooms, onions, peas, cherry tomatoes and spring onions. Cut it into 6 portions and popped them in freezer. Just take one out night before and pop in micro for 2 mins in morning and ready.

Back