Breakfast ideas

Not eating breakfast is one of my biggest problems. So this week I made a frittata with 8 eggs, 50g low fat cheese, mushrooms, onions, peas, cherry tomatoes and spring onions. Cut it into 6 portions and popped them in freezer. Just take one out night before and pop in micro for 2 mins in morning and ready.

Love this idea and wish I had a freezer!

Breakfast help

Hi all,

Started slimming world 3 weeks ago after 11 years of following WW.

Doing well so but but i'm having trouble with my breakfast. I have porridge but can't eat the scan bran as I'm wheat and starch intolerant. Porridge fills me up, where other cereals leave me hungry not long after.

Can anyone recommend something else to eat to replace the scan bran?

Thanks in advance,

Caz

Actually, I've been thinking - with your porridge you can have 1 scan bran or oat bran. Could you perhaps have oatbran instead?

auntynet said:
Make a SW quiche or a frittata using lots of freefoods - I make mine in an 8" square pyrex dish and I get 4 large portions out of that. It should last 3 or 4 days in a tub in the fridge. Grab a slice of that - either eat cold or warm in microwave and serve with some baked beans or microwaved fresh tomatoes.

How would I make said sw quiche?!

Hey Summergurl

Just looking at your pics, you've done so well.
I keep looking at everyone, and can't even imagine that I too could reach target. It feels like it will never happen.
But then I see living proof, and it inspires me.

Thank you for showing your before & after.

xxxxx

I mix 4 eggs with a tub of cottage cheese, (mix well so most of the cottage cheese lumps disappear)

Dry fry/fry-lite onions mushrooms

Put the egg mixture into a pie/flan dish add the onions/mushrooms then add peppers/ham/salmon/broccoli/whatever tickles ya fancy
top with low fat cheese, bake in oven for around 30 mins (until set)

Brill, thanks :)

hyperuk said:
Magic porridge, I have this every morning, made the night before its quick, easy and filling x

Do you microwave the mixture? And do u do it the night before or in the morning? Sounds yum!

Porridge is easy to make - put the oats your having in a bowl, completly cover with milk or water (or mixture of both) and microwave for 1.5-2mins :) xxx

Back