Breakfast ideas

does anyobody know if i could use tesco instant hot oat cereal to make the magic porridge? i know its 5 syns for porridge oats, do they have to be big oats if that makes sense lol?? xxxx

I have two favourites at the mo:

"breakfast scramble" -It's softened mushies, peppers, courgettes, tomatoes and leeks ("fried" with garlic and mixed herbs then simmered with an oxo & water) and two eggs scrambled up with it!

Cinnamon French toast - HExB bread dipped in sweetened and cinnamoned beaten egg and fried in fry light. Served with a mountain of strawberries, raspberries and blackberries and a dollop of vanilla yogurt.

My usual breakfast is chocolate weetabix, a tiny dash of milk and defrosted frozen raspberries.
Once or twice a week I will have a treat breakfast and have either scrambled eggs and baked beans or a smoked salmon omlette. Its especially a treat as it means I have a "spare" HEB for later in the day.

Depends what mood i'm in. I was never a breakfast person, but you just have to get yourself in the habit. I never go without it now!
* weetabix topped with fruit and mullerlight
* 28g bitesized shredded wheat topped with chopped banana and milk
*Soft boiled egg & toast soldiers, followed by fruit
* Bacon, eggs, tomatoes & mushrooms.
* 2 slices of wm toast topped with cooked onions, mushrooms and tomatoes.
*BIG breakfast - 2 morrisons low fat sausages 1 syn for both, bacon, eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms & beans, with or without toast.

YUM!!!

I tend to have lots of fruit and yoghurt! When the weather is colder though I do like my porridge!

When I first started I often had cooked brekkies, now I can handle them so its usually one of the following:-
  1. porridge with berries -but ony 14g of oats (can't manage a full serving) (0.5xA + 0.5xB)
  2. 1 weetabix and a banana(0.5xA+0.5xB)
  3. fruit and activia intensely yog (2.5)
  4. feta frittata (0.5xheB)

When I first started I often had cooked brekkies, now I can handle them so its usually one of the following:-
  1. porridge with berries -but ony 14g of oats (can't manage a full serving) (0.5xA + 0.5xB)
  2. 1 weetabix and a banana(0.5xA+0.5xB)
  3. fruit and activia intensely yog (2.5)
  4. feta frittata (0.5xheB)

Ooh, could I have the recipe for feta frittata?

Lately I have been having 1 slice of brown bread toasted - 1/2 my B choice with 2 bananas and an activia snack pot. If it's not bananas it's half a melon or maybe 3 or 4 kiwi fruits.

It's not this then it's cereal or oats so simple in the winter.

I usually have weetabix and banana (HExB with some HExA milk), Oat so simple with a grated apple in (HExB and some HExA Milk), cinnamon french toast with berries, egg in a cup or a Scramble. :)

I usually have porridge with 2% Greek yogurt, honey and fruit mixed in or scrambled eggs on toast

I mostly have frittata as I make in advance so ready in minutes. I put in loads veg peppers, veg, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, spring onions, peas etc and sometimes add bit smoked bacon, or 1 syn sausage, just cook whatever bits and bobs have in fridge. Then add to 8 whisked eggs and have a hexa worth cathedral city cheese grated in. Then after cooked I portion it up into 6 slices and pop into indivdual freezer bags. Take one out of freezer at night and ping for 2mins in microwave and ready. It means now I eat breakfast, before I was always too busy.

cindersmcphee said:
I mostly have frittata as I make in advance so ready in minutes. I put in loads veg peppers, veg, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, spring onions, peas etc and sometimes add bit smoked bacon, or 1 syn sausage, just cook whatever bits and bobs have in fridge. Then add to 8 whisked eggs and have a hexa worth cathedral city cheese grated in. Then after cooked I portion it up into 6 slices and pop into indivdual freezer bags. Take one out of freezer at night and ping for 2mins in microwave and ready. It means now I eat breakfast, before I was always too busy.

This sounds lush! - do you syn the cheese or do you put 6 x hex a's in?

This sounds lush! - do you syn the cheese or do you put 6 x hex a's in?

I just put 1 days worth hexa in divided over 6 portions. I always use my healthy hexa for milk and have a little less every day to account for my 1/6 of a hex cheese that I am having every day for breakfast.

My weekend breakfasts tend to be either a sweet omlette with yog and fruit or pudding rice with yog and fruit - so filling !
My consultant recommended that we spend some time trying to plan 7 different breakfasts over 7 days so as not to fall into a foody rut so I am going to be trying out some of these great suggestions on here. :)

Simple quorn sausages on a HeB roll with tom sauce (0.5 syn)

Or poached egg, quorn sausages, mushrooms and tinned toms - which I have for my tea too if the two meat eaters I live with are doing just that!

Back