Breakfast ideas

im a creature of habit, i either have yogurt with branflakes, or yogurt with weetabix, normally with a banana aswell.

Need some Breakfast inspiration

Hi There,

I am trying the slimming world diet ...... again.

I have trouble trying to find a decent filling brekkie that i dont get bored of and that doesnt leave me wanting a big bag of crisps by lunch time. Today i had a banana ........ im sure you can all guess what im fancying now lol.
I need to find something thats quick and its not messy as i either grab something at home or eat at my desk.
Does anyone have any ideas??

Cheers guys.

Last edited:
Sorry didnt realise there was one, lol.

Thank you!!

Breakfast Ideas - Help!

Am beginning to get a bit bored of my usual yogurt for breakfast but am stuck for other Free options...and suddenly thought about porridge this morning!

Does anyone know the rules about Oats so simple and if it can be used as a Healthy Extra?? I think I read somewhere it has to be eaten with something else???

Does anyone else have any quick but yummy/ free Breakfast ideas??

Leanne

Scrambled eggs on nimble wholemeal toasted

Bacon medallions, poached/scrambled eggs, mushrooms, beans, tomatoes, nimble wholemeal toasted

Nimble wholemeal toasted, eggs & beans

Ryvita crackers, philadelphia & ham

Toast & beans

Alpen bar & tea

Nimble wholemeal toasted with dairylea triangles

Nimble wholemeal toasted & poached eggs

Nimble wholemeal toasted & banana

Ryvita crackers & banana

Nimble wholemeal toasted with ham, tomato & cheese

i think that there are quaker oats that can be used as HEB but not quite sure of how much.. bt any way what i do know is you could have

1 sachet of origional paw ride (i think thts quaker nt sure though) + 1 scan bran as a HEB, i have my with chopped up fruit.

Also chocolate weetabix, 2 choc weetabix = HEB +2 syns

oo i made a bacon toastie the other morning with my heb bread and hea mozzarella cheese tht was very nice, bit more time consuming though

Lots and lots of ideas there! Thanks guys!!
The problem I have is that I like to heave breakfast when I get to work rather than at home! We have a microwave, kettle and toaster but no oven unfortunately so am more limited as to what I can prepare!!

I keep reading about scran bran but have no idea what it is!!!!

i think theres another web site thats for the uk bt dont know it

The problem I have is that I like to heave breakfast when I get to work rather than at home!
That would kill me, I have to have a good breakfast, starts me up for the day! Could you get up 15 minutes earlier in the morning to prepare yourself a decent breakfast? If you only have a toaster at work you're quite limited to what you can have in terms of hot food, I couldn't survive the morning without a hot breakfast :)

I think I'll leave the scan bran then, I don't go to group so is there anything like ryvita that can be used instead? How many of them would be a HEXB??

Its takes me an hour and a half to get to work in the morning! I would be traumatised if I had to get up earlier - I love sleep more than food!!

I do have a microwave at work - so could do things like porridge etc - not too fussed about having hot foot, I just about manage breakfast full stop - sometimes find it hard to eat in the morning

Its takes me an hour and a half to get to work in the morning! I would be traumatised if I had to get up earlier - I love sleep more than food!!
An hour and a half to get to work!!! :eek: :eek:

Why not get yourself a poached egg microwave cooker thingy :confused:... my mind has gone blank! you could have poached eggs n toast or buy a glass jug for work and do scrambled eggs n toast, eggs are a good filling food (I think so anyway)

Breakfast! :-( slimmg world

Need to get used to this!! Had 2 weetabix with strawberries, banana and grapes, with some pouring yoghurt, yummy but just calculated it to be 8.5 syns!!

On weightwatchers this would have been free!!

Any other ideas for a filling quick breakfast that will be free??? I don't like porridge!!!

Thanks in advance!!

did you not use your weetabix as healthy extra B choice?

I think the thing to get used to is what is free and superfree foods and eat loads of that.

I'm really confused!! I need to get weight watchers out of my head!! I've just had avocado with my salad only to see that's not free!!
So weetabix x2 for brekky with lots of fruit, would be free? Pouring yoghurt strawberry flavour I've calculated at 1.5 syns?
I've just had chicken salad which would be free apart from the damn avocado!

All help and advice gratefully received!! :) x

Back