Breakfast ideas

Hi I can sympathise with you I too didnt realise weetabix with fruit is not syn free I have only been doing weight watchers for a week and am so confused, I understand the free section... but the health a and b is confusing, do i count them as syns or not ? also I have my first weigh in tomorrow night and I sneakely weighed myself this morning on my digital scales ( to me its when i weight the lightest first thing) and I do not seem to of lost more than 1/2 pound :( am gutted if this is so as when i got weighted last week for the first time it was early evening and i was wearing jeans !!!!!!.... I have not cheated all week and have been so good !!!!! will let you know the outcome tomorrow..

it is really difficult to get head out of WW points to SW syns.

You don't count your healthy extras as syns, but you're only allowed one a and 1 b choice a day on extra easy any more than that and they have to be synned.

You can have a whole day on SW without using syns, your entire days menu could be free and superfree foods and then you could have a couple of glasses of wine in the evening for your syns, otherwise you could have synned foods in with your meals, for example if you;ve used your hexb but wanted a sandwich then you could syn the bread for that.

I had a consultant that used to put it like this:

all the free and superfree you want,
1 healthy extra a and 1 b
5-15 syns a day

just remember for extra easy to work you need 1/3 superfree foods with each meal.

Julie - step away from the home scales - they're saboteurs! we're all guilty of the same thing but the only scales that matter are the SW ones at weigh in time, you'll see millions of threads on here of people who serial weigh, it works for some but for most (as far as I can see) it confuses the issue.

Also girls have you recorded your measurements? sometimes, especially if you're exercising, this is a good motivational tool, especially when it comes to STS weeks :)

have you started food diaries on here? sometime its good to let everyone see what you're eating then they can point you in the right direction

Good luck

As kerry said you will get one 'Healthy Extra A' choice per day and one 'Healthy Extra B' per day (these do not count as syns).
Your weetabix can be your B choice, there are other choices that you will find in your book. Your fruit is free (should make up 1/3 of your meal), so you only need to syn your yogurt. To save syns in the future there are syn free yogurts you can have such as muller lights plus lots others.

Have a look through the food diary section for breakfast ideas!
Good Luck x

This morning I was inspired! Popped to telco an bought Oats so simple and a tub of tesco sweetener to leave at work for the mornings!!

This morning I had 2 Weetabix with a vanilla muller light instead of milk and a small punnet of raspberries!! Yum!!

Thanks girls, it's starting to make sense!! Have started a food diary so may post on here at the end of week to get more advice!! :)

Thanks for asking this question and for the answers as a first week SW user I was getting a bit confused too!

My weekend breakfasts tend to be either a sweet omlette with yog and fruit or pudding rice with yog and fruit - so filling !
My consultant recommended that we spend some time trying to plan 7 different breakfasts over 7 days so as not to fall into a foody rut so I am going to be trying out some of these great suggestions on here. :)
Hi, can you provide a recipe for your sweet omelette please?

Sorry to keep asking daft questions, but how do you make this magic porridge everyone keeps talking about? PLease! Ta lol :)

Not very adventurous, but if I want a big breakfast before a day out I have been having scrambled eggs mixed with smoked salmon on 2 slices of toast (HEB), followed by 2 pieces of fruit and a yoghurt. Keeps me full until lunchtime!

adipose said:
Sorry to keep asking daft questions, but how do you make this magic porridge everyone keeps talking about? PLease! Ta lol :)

If you search the forum(using the search function) there is a thread about magic porridge with all the different ways people make it

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

ginlin said:
Smoked haddock with poached eggs

You've just made me day! I love smoked haddock & love poached eggs but never thought to have em together! That's my breakfast sorted :D x

I love porridge but 28g is not enough for me so i've been putting my HEA of milk over 2 weetabix (HEB) and if you leave it to stand for about 10 minutes they swell up and fill a large bowl. Then I microwave for 2 mins, stir in sweetner and top with chopped banana.

Had the chocolate weetabix this morning (HEB+2syns) was just amazing! X

Dorset cereals rasberry and cranberry or apple and cinnamon porrige, both HEXB with milk from allowance. If I'm feeling extra healthy I'll break up a scan bran and mix it through (1 syn). I normally have a grapefruit and a cuppa too!

Fake rice pudding (to cooked rice stir in some vanilla yog, heat and stir in berries), though sometimes I do this with cous cous.

Fruit and yogurt?

Big breakfast omelette (eggs with baked beans and bacon whisked and turned into an omelette).

good post, i struggle too so will be interesting to see replies...really fed up of omellete though usually i will have bacon with fried egg using fry light, to be honest i had fruit (pineapple, strawberries grapes) and yoghurt today and was had to have omellette an hour later as i was hungry x

Back