Breakfast ideas

JenXx said:
Thx for the info x

How much puffed wheat can you have? 28 or 42?

28 but as it's so light you get a really full bowl. Trust me!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ohh I need to vary my breakfasts, 2 weetabix, dash of milk and banana every morning without fail. How boring! lol.

Hi all - as a nurse working shifts I'm struggling a bit for tasty breakfast ideas that I can carry into work with me! Any ideas???

elsmar30 said:
Hi all - as a nurse working shifts I'm struggling a bit for tasty breakfast ideas that I can carry into work with me! Any ideas???

I work in the nhs too.
I carry in my cereal - pre weighed in a little Tupperware style container (splenda added) and my measured milk. It's in a lunchbox with one of those freezer packs. I take a spoon in too!! In fact my uncle bens dinner also comes plus fork - all quick and easy!
So I can use my milk in my coffee too. It stays cold all day!!

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I did 12 hour night shift nursing a long time ago and found a slice of toast topped with mashed banana (wasn't on Slimming World then though!) and cottage cheese was tasty and sustaining....

Thanks folks xx

Green day breakfast

So today is my first day of slimming world, I have a lot to lose so the plan is to hit goal in 9 months.

Struggling with ideas for breakfasts though, eggs on fry light were good this morning but will become boring. What are your favorite breakfast?

Thanks

I have weetabix/bran flakes with chopped banana most days. If I don't have time I just buy a fruit pot or yoghurt. And a big cup of tea :)

I just discovered weetabix crunchy bran can beca healthy extra. I like them a lot. Only issue is I like milk in my coffee and cereal will eat up my milk allowance. I might try to switch to black coffee, or strangely I had heard a toffee muller light is good mixed with cereal x. Thanks for the tips x

I luv baked beans with fried egg, and sometimes mushrooms chucked in too. On mornings when im rushing, all bran is quick and easy with banana. Altho, iv heard about the weetabix crunchy bran and have some coming with my next lot of shopping lol xx

Mmm beans, egg and quorn sausage. Not going to have time to do that regularly but as a weekend treat, it sounds the biz. Crunchy bran is the future, I'm sure you will love it xx

Why is quorn so expensive :( I suppose of it is an alternative to meat it is quite cheap in comparison! wasn't on offer last night so got asda's own, haven't braved looking at cals or anything yet. It's hard when I'm not registered on site to check stuff!

My brekkie is nearly always a green friendly affair

1)Melon, Stawberries, raspberries, blueberries, pineapple and passion fruit, topped with all bran & a mullerlight
2) Beans on Toast
3) Omlette, using your HEA cheese & some red onion, with tinned tomatoes and mushrooms. Mop up with your HEB Bread.
4)Magic Porridge (made with 28g porridge oats, 1 scan bran broken up (together one HEB), mix with fat free yog (I use muller or Onken but if you are a veggie I think the mullers are a no go), leave in the fridge overnight. Stir in some berries just before serving
5)Tinned Tomatoes and Mushrooms on Scanbran or toast (5 scanbran is your HEB)

Homemade French toast with maple syrup (2syns for a tablespoon) and sliced banana

Plain oatmeal (HEb serving) with sliced banana and maple syrup

Bacon sandwich with grilled tomatoes and mushrooms

Homemade hash brown, egg, bacon, beans, mushrooms and tomatoes

I have 28g weetabix honey bites (heb), raspberries, blackberries and shape yoghurt i.e. blackberry etc (0 syns).

I thought it would be dry but it is yummy x

Back