Breakfast ideas

Plain one with sweetener, cinnamon and a chopped banana is one if my faves! X

Totally yum!

I always have my 35g of porrige made up with NAS apple juice and stirred in cinnamon. It's gorge and uses no syns!

Lea C said:
I always have my 35g of porrige made up with NAS apple juice and stirred in cinnamon. It's gorge and uses no syns!

I thought apple juice was still syns? Isn't every fruit juice?

Think she means squash, so would be free. Yes fruit juice ( except lemon and lime) are synned.

I love this thread I was completely lost as to what to have for breakfast and now I can't make my mind up, the porridge with choccie philli sounds awesome, I may have that as a desert tonight though and go for the syn free pancakes with bananas and fromage frais and a smear of cherry puree

This is gonna sound like such a stupid question but does magic porridge still taste of yoghourt I cant stand th stuff lol xx

I have had a 'fake' version of that 'ohsosimple' porrige where you can just fill up the bag it comes in with right amount of the milk. pop in microwave.. then I put mixed bag of defrosted berries on top.

or 2 weetabix and 1 chopped banana

cooked breakfast (bacon medalians - as the fat is already chopped off (no temptation lol), tinned tomatoe, fry light mushrooms, 2 fried eggs, and 2 piece of bread (heb)

or a bacon sandwiche, then some fruit (dont forget to have your superfrees with your breakfast, I used to forget)

or 2 alpen light bars (count as heb) or 1 flight bar (mint choc is amazing.. bit too amazing.. )

in a hurry I'll have a muller light yoghurt and piece of fruit.

2 eggs on 2 toast

quorn sausage sandwiche

bodyforlife pancakes (I'll post recipe sometime but its basically pancakes made with cottage cheese and oats! high protein with no flour and amazing!)

Slim&slinky said:
I have had a 'fake' version of that 'ohsosimple' porrige where you can just fill up the bag it comes in with right amount of the milk. pop in microwave.. then I put mixed bag of defrosted berries on top.

or 2 weetabix and 1 chopped banana

cooked breakfast (bacon medalians - as the fat is already chopped off (no temptation lol), tinned tomatoe, fry light mushrooms, 2 fried eggs, and 2 piece of bread (heb)

or a bacon sandwiche, then some fruit (dont forget to have your superfrees with your breakfast, I used to forget)

or 2 alpen light bars (count as heb) or 1 flight bar (mint choc is amazing.. bit too amazing.. )

in a hurry I'll have a muller light yoghurt and piece of fruit.

2 eggs on 2 toast

quorn sausage sandwiche

bodyforlife pancakes (I'll post recipe sometime but its basically pancakes made with cottage cheese and oats! high protein with no flour and amazing!)

Looking forward to that recipe! Sounds amazing!!

That sounds just like my perfect weekend breakfast!
:)

(this was meant to be a reply to the delicious sounding cooked breakfast from Cornwall!)

Last edited:
on a weekday I take a a bowl of Yeo Valley ff plain yogurt with a generous handfull of ASDA frozen berries. When I get to work I add 35g Bran Flakes (hexb), by which time the berries have defrosted enough to eat.

I'm not overly keen on Bran flakes, but I pack so much yogurt and fruit, that the cereal doesn't spoil it!

I will be trying out a couple of frittata ideas though for a change.

Today I had porridge made with oats and chocolate oatly milk served with raspberries, yum.

Ooh that sounds nice, what are the syns in the oaty chocolate milk ?

It is 200ml as a HexA or 3 syns per 100ml. Very nice, I have it on my breakfast and mixed in with my other HexA ( on green and red days) to make my bedtime hot chocolate with - I still add drinking chocolate powder or if I'm low on syns cocoa.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Slimming World & Breakfast!!

Hi all, i am struggling with breakfast options on SW, i dont like porridge or many cereals apart from Frosties or Crunchy Nut and 5/6 syns a portion its a no no, can you help me please?:confused:

Toast? Yog and fruit? Cooked breakfast? Ommlette?
Why don't you look at the "what's for breakfast" thread, see what everyone else eats for breakie? That how I get my ideas! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back