Breakfast ideas

some brilliant ideas for breakfast with working nights when i get home in the morning i am usually starving but some fab ideas to bridge the gap

I've quite taken to fruit and fibre with a yogurt instead of milk.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Today I am going to make eggs florentine - a free version anyway.

Sauce - quark, lemon juice, mustard and freshly ground black pepper - warm it in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.

Wilt spinach gently in a covered sauce pan with a tiny bit of water.

Lightly poach 2 eggs.

Press all water out of spinach, place eggs on top then sauce. Sprinkle with chives.

Although I may use low low instead of quark for HE - not sure yet!

I'll let you know how it goes..

Fresh fruit cut into strips and Mullerlight to dip the fruit in (like egg & soliders)
Also potato& veg cakes/pancakes

I love my fresh fruit and Mullerlight - I sometimes even have the cheesecake ones they are worth the syn!!

I like to have,
x2 hi fi bars (b) and milk (a)
Fried eggs (free), beans (free) and mushrooms (sfree)
x2 weetabix (b) and milk (a)
x2 slices of wholemeal toast (b)
I try to have something different every day. They are all pretty quick to make :)

supervixen* said:
I like to have,
x2 hi fi bars (b) and milk (a)
Fried eggs (free), beans (free) and mushrooms (sfree)
x2 weetabix (b) and milk (a)
x2 slices of wholemeal toast (b)
I try to have something different every day. They are all pretty quick to make :)

That's a mighty big breakfast and I count 4 HeB's and 2 HeA's there... What plan are you on? :)

ColJack said:
That's a mighty big breakfast and I count 4 HeB's and 2 HeA's there... What plan are you on? :)

I think these may not be the same day! Lol

LOL :)

I agree - think that they are for a mix up of brekkies so not getting bored - "I try to have something different everyday"

Yum, I want to know about slimming world pancakes too!

This morning I had Slimming world Rocky road cereal bars for breakfast- they're counted as 1 of the HE-B options and have lovely marshmallows in! I also love french toast (eggy bread) with a teaspoon of syrup (have to count syns tho!) or cinammon (freeee), sometimes I'll have a banana, an apple and an orange and then feel smug that I've got 3 of my 5 a day in before lunchtime!

xx

I love an omelette or frittata in the mornings! The joys of being a Hausfrau - no rush in the mornings.

So, breakfast is often onions, mushrooms, courgettes, Canadian bacon, cooked in a non-stick omelette pan sprayed with Fry Light. Pour over a pot of Egg Beaters (egg whites in a little pot equal to two large eggs but with no fat), and scatter over a HEA serving of cheese. (3 ozs grated fat free cheddar makes a really good topping!) Cook till set underneath, whack it under the grill to set the top and brown it off. Huge breakfast! I like to simmer a tin of tomatoes and dried minced onions till thick and pour it over as a sauce. If I have left over potatoes I will slice those into the frittata, too.

I fry onions, mushrooms and chopped cherry tomatoes in frylight and balsamic vinegar mmmmm... and add bacon sometimes x

has anyone got the recipe for slimming world pancakes and suggested toppings with syn values plz

who ever put the idea on of porridge with fat free yoghurt stirred in thankyou just had a bowl with a strawberry fatfree activia mixed in and it was lush reminded me of rice pudding and jam this will def be pn my breakfast list. and only used 1/3 milk the rest water as the yoghurt makes it super creamy x

Back