Breakfast ideas

Porridge with yogurt is ok made with 100% water, at least worth a try to see if you are better using your hex elsewhere.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

tuppy282 said:
who ever put the idea on of porridge with fat free yoghurt stirred in thankyou just had a bowl with a strawberry fatfree activia mixed in and it was lush reminded me of rice pudding and jam this will def be pn my breakfast list. and only used 1/3 milk the rest water as the yoghurt makes it super creamy x

Try using cooked rice or quinoa. That's lovely as well - no water needed - just stir in yoghurt - 100% free!

This morning I am having my adaptation of Delia's Alpine Eggs..............

Line a ramekin with a low fat cheddar cheese slice, break an egg ontop, season with black pepper, and top with another low fat cheddar slice, and bake in the oven until bubbling, and the egg set to your liking (about 15mins) = HExA

Served with wholemeal toast (HExB)

001.jpg

And if you are following Extra Easy, roasted tomatoes or mushrooms go really well with it.

Last edited:
mmm sounds lovely ginlin, I'm always stuck for ideas for breakfast...

I made this yesterday and am hopefully having it again tomorrow... Pain Perdu

2 slices wholemeal bread (hex)
1 egg
dash of milk (hex)
Vanilla essence
1 tsp Sweetner (or adjust to taste)

sliced banana
Strawberries
blueberries

Honey to drizzle (optional) this needs to be synned obviously...

Mix egg and milk together and add vanilla and sweetner (to taste)

Dip bread into the mixture on both sides and place in a frying pan sprayed with frylight.
Once each side was cooked I ladled a large spoonful of the mixture on top and cooked them again.

Once ready, top with sliced banana, halved strawberries and blueberries and drizzle with honey (I used about 1/2 tsp of honey for the two slices as I'm not a lover of honey which I think worked out about 1 syn, if someone could double check that I would be grateful as I'm doing SW from home)...

EE breakfast ideas please.

I'm really sorry to ask but I can't search from my phone. Please could you give me some breakfast ideas. I work and have been taking magic porridge with me but a bit bored of it now. Xx

I'm really sorry to ask but I can't search from my phone. Please could you give me some breakfast ideas. I work and have been taking magic porridge with me but a bit bored of it now. Xx

i love ham and eggs but when im working i take boiled eggs instead (i tend to have vine tomatoes as my 1/3 sf with that)
fruit salad and natural yog with sweetener
cereal topped with fruit and yog
melon

i tend to save my hex for later in the day and my breakfasts revolve around eggs we eat tons of the things but they are filling and tasty

if you have a microwave at work you could always make a sw coooked breakfast and re heat
or a bacon butty (lean bacon on a 60g hex b wholemeal roll accompanied with some fruit

hope that helps

I like a few different things, not in one sitting of course :)

x2 slices wholemeal, toasted (b), x2 tsp Nutella (3) or
x2 hi fi lights (b) with 250ml s/s milk (a) or
x2 weetabix (b) with 250ml s/s milk (a) and sweetner or
2 fried eggs, baked beans (both free) and mushrooms (sfree) or
x2 slices wholemeal (b), x1 fried egg (free), x2 quorn sausages (2) ketchup (1) all in a sandwich (this is my FAVOURITE, yum :D)

I always have this problem of knowing what to have in the morning! I dont like eating loads as I have to have my breakfast around 6:45 to get to work (way to early to eat) so i normally have something quick like toast, weetabix or fruit. Any other quick brekki ideas anyone? :)

Co op whole meal pitta (carefully toasted to fluff it up to split open) 2 eggs beaten with a splash of milk, a chopped spring onion if desired mixed in, then microwaved in the same bowl for 2 minutes until set, then popped in the split pitta, I add a one slice of emental at 11gms, not even a hex a amount. Hot, filling and delicious.

U can buy trays for the microwave u can cook bacon in 3 minutes. A plastic tray u can make poached egg in the microwave in 30 seconds and then just toast ur bread there's a cooked breakfast done in 3 and half minutes

This is a weekend breakfast cos it takes a bit of time but it's so good!

Western Omelet Potato Skins | Skinnytaste - made it this morning, skipped the milk and cheese and it was delicious.

The whole blog is full of amazing recipes too, the lady who runs is is a WW girl but there are lots of recipes that are very SW friendly (or can be easily adapted.)

SCAN BRAN CHERRY BAKEWELL

5 scan bran
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 fat free cherry yogurt ( muller light etc )
4 tbsp sweetener
4 capfuls almond essence
2 eggs

Same way as other scan bran cakes ( ie soak, mash, mix, cook ) and bake for 20min @ 180C

5 1/2 syns the lot or 1/2 syn + 1 HeB

:)

I like to vary my breakfasts if I'm hungry I'll have cooked and if not I'll have weetabix with banana and skimmed milk.

My favourite cooked breakfasts are:

1. Bacon, 2 fried eggs, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes and wholemeal toast (HEB) with worcester sauce
2. Spanish Omelette - microwave a cubed potato for 7 minutes and then fry light in a pan with mushrooms, tomatoes and onion (with salt/pepper + mixed herbs) - then make a 3 egg omelette and add the fried mixture :)
3. Bacon + tomatoes on toast
4. Ham / Eggs and beans

If I want to save my HEB for a sandwich at lunch I will use fried potato instead of toast.

This is my new favourite...

Grapenut Pudding
2 servings - each 1/2 HEB and 1/3 HEA

35g Grapenut cereal
250ml skimmed milk
1 - 1 1/2 Tablespoons Truvia
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
Pinch salt
Grated nutmeg or cinnamon

Heat up milk in microwave until hot (around 2 minutes). Pour over cereal and let stand five minutes. Beat together egg, salt, vanilla and Truvia. Slowly pour about half of the milk mixture into the egg mixture, beating as you go (this will warm up the eggs and prevent them from scrambling), then mix in the rest.

Pour into to large individual ramekins or small cereal bowls and sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon. Put the bowls in a larger pan with warm water in it up to 1/2 way up the sides of the bowls Bake for around 30-40 minutes in a 170C oven until a little wobbly in the centre.

I prefer these room temperature or cold. Yum.

Breakfast.. HELP?!

So, I'm new to this website but I wondered if anyone had any good idea's about breakfast? I'm sick of getting up in the morning and taking forever wondering what to have, I'm usually stuck with the same old cereals or poached eggs on toast. I really want to try new things... Anyone know anything? Thanks :)

Hello there, I'm new to slimming world as well, loving it so far, I've just had eggy bread (Healthy extra B), bacon, mushroom & onion.. It was lovely & really filling ...

Back