Breakfast ideas

It's my 3rd time at doing Slimming World.. Gonna stick to it now! :) Ooh that sounds lovely! Ill have to try that out :)

I'm having syn free rice pudding (made with sweetener and water - a bit less than the amount of milk you would use). Mix with muller light and berries.

Scrambled eggs made with a drop of milk from HEA and some quark and smoked salmon. Either have tinned tomatoes or follow with fruit. Yum!

My fav breakfast is 3 or 4 of those huge flat mushrooms grilled with a splash of Worcester sauce while grilling , with some lean bacon and a poached egg with a side of plum tomatoes , so filling !!!

This is my new favourite...

Grapenut Pudding
2 servings - each 1/2 HEB and 1/3 HEA

35g Grapenut cereal
250ml skimmed milk
1 - 1 1/2 Tablespoons Truvia
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
Pinch salt
Grated nutmeg or cinnamon

Heat up milk in microwave until hot (around 2 minutes). Pour over cereal and let stand five minutes. Beat together egg, salt, vanilla and Truvia. Slowly pour about half of the milk mixture into the egg mixture, beating as you go (this will warm up the eggs and prevent them from scrambling), then mix in the rest.

Pour into to large individual ramekins or small cereal bowls and sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon. Put the bowls in a larger pan with warm water in it up to 1/2 way up the sides of the bowls Bake for around 30-40 minutes in a 170C oven until a little wobbly in the centre.

I prefer these room temperature or cold. Yum.

These sound very unusual! I might have to try this recipe out...grape nuts are yummy! :D

This is my new favourite...

Grapenut Pudding
2 servings - each 1/2 HEB and 1/3 HEA

35g Grapenut cereal
250ml skimmed milk
1 - 1 1/2 Tablespoons Truvia
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
Pinch salt
Grated nutmeg or cinnamon

Heat up milk in microwave until hot (around 2 minutes). Pour over cereal and let stand five minutes. Beat together egg, salt, vanilla and Truvia. Slowly pour about half of the milk mixture into the egg mixture, beating as you go (this will warm up the eggs and prevent them from scrambling), then mix in the rest.

Pour into to large individual ramekins or small cereal bowls and sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon. Put the bowls in a larger pan with warm water in it up to 1/2 way up the sides of the bowls Bake for around 30-40 minutes in a 170C oven until a little wobbly in the centre.

I prefer these room temperature or cold. Yum.

These do sound nice will have to get some grapenut!

Yeah truvia is a natural sweetner so no artificial chemicals-its very sweet, you hardly need to use any. Quite expensive but a little goes a long way. Stevia is similar and cheaper i think. They arent powdery like the artificial sweetners either

I microwave a chopped up apple, top it with muesli or granola and yogurt, it makes a lovely sunday treat -it's like your eating an apple crumble! (just remember to syn the apples as there baked) xx

i have the greek yog 0% with chopped up banana plus something like mango or a few chunks of pineapple with sweetener on it. You could add a hex portion of museli.

My and the OH make our bacon sarnies the night before using our HEX B for the bread. Im not fussed t eat it cold on the go. If Ihavent had a chance to do this I'll just have 1 or two of my HEX B allowance of hi fi bars and a piece of fruit. On the weekend we splash out on a cooked breakfast. I wish I had time to make that every morning! x

My and the OH make our bacon sarnies the night before using our HEX B for the bread. Im not fussed t eat it cold on the go. If Ihavent had a chance to do this I'll just have 1 or two of my HEX B allowance of hi fi bars and a piece of fruit. On the weekend we splash out on a cooked breakfast. I wish I had time to make that every morning! x

why not do the cooked breakfast the night before and put it in the micro in the morning if i do this i have scrambled egg instead of a dry fried egg

why not do the cooked breakfast the night before and put it in the micro in the morning if i do this i have scrambled egg instead of a dry fried egg
thats a good point actually and tempting but it feels more like a treat if you only have it now and then :p

im finding it hard to even eat break fast on a morning, anything thats easy to grab and go i normally just have 2 alpen bars

Skulldilocks said:

You DO have time... You just choose to use it to sleep instead..
You can get up half hour earlier and cook.. :)

We make SW hash browns loads with smoked salmon and poached eggs. I got kinda addicted a while ago and had to stop as it was costing us a fortune in salmon! But its a nice weekend one now. x

Just a couple of things I have noticed here - if something is not on the HEB list then it is not and cannot be considered HEB - it must be synned - no substitutes allowed except own brand - ie you cannot just decide a cereal of your choice is your HEB - also so many people seem to be having a breakfast with no superfree food? maybe they are just not listing it? These are just things I discovered when I was part way into plan and hadn't fully appreciated - might help others too

I do red days mainly so the Superfree thing is a bit more relaxed. If you do EE then add some mushrooms and grilled tomato :)

Back