Breakfast ideas

mmmm just had fat free natural yoghurt mixed with an options white hot choc (2 syns) and topped with strawberries and raspberries and a Rocky Road hi fi bar cut into it too! More like a dessert than breakfast so good

That sounds awesome! I'm pretty addicted to all bran clusters at the mo with mullerlight toffee

At the moment I'm having either bran flakes and strawberries/blueberries (not sure how much longer they'll be in season?!) with tea or coffee, or if I'm running late some fibre crackers, babybel lights, an apple and a diet coke in the car!!! Apple and cheese go so well together.

My fave breakfast atm is Dairylea triangle spread on wholemeal toast! Quick to do especially with me being so busy in uni at the moment! :)

Hello all!!

Potential (re)newbie here, just doing some research before taking the plunge once again! (have been calorie counting since January 2012 and lost just over 2 stone but following Slimming World for a short time in 2010)

Just trying to get my head around the diet once more and this whole Extra Easy malarky.. I've not got a great deal of spare cash at the moment/ever so am trying to tackle this from home (alone...sob) so may need a few pointers in the right direction please!! :)

Am just putting together a week's meal plan and am stuck with Breakfasts so this thread is fab, thank you! I've noticed though that not many of these meals seem to include 1/3 superfree? Is the rule applicable to breakfast too? If so easy any ways you can think of adding 1/3 superfree to savoury breakies? (not a huge fan of yoghurty/fruity kinda combos - ate far too much of it last time round and has put me off for life!!) Oh and could really do with being quick and easy or preparable (is that a word!?) the night before as I'm useally like a headless chicken in the morning before running out of the door!!

Any help would be mahoosively appreciated xx

How about omelette? You could chop up some tomato, spinach, onion and mushrooms with ham maybe before you go to sleep then whip it up quickly before you leave in the mornings? Takes 5mins maybe 10 not any longer tho and super filling til lunch. Or a couple of alpen bars and some fruit is easy and quick if you're rushing out the door x

Great thinking with the omlette - you've egg-inspired me!! Ha ha..I'm thinking so it's even quicker/lazier (lol) I might boil some eggs the night before, mix in with some fat-free fromage frais, salt and black pepper to make a sort of "egg mayo" type concoction, slice up a huge beef tomato and then quickly in the morning do a couple of slices of wholemeal toast and have the sliced tomato and egg on top!!!! Will let you know how I get on tomorrow!!!! :D xx

ooo that sounds nice! I might do that for tomorrow as I always get stuck at breakfast, I usually have salmon and eggs but totally gone off it! x

Flat Mushrooms stuffed with cheese and bacon or cheese and spinach- prepped the night before and baked during my shower!

I have just started slimming world, and usually have frozen mixed berries with fat free natural yogurt and sweetner on top... yummy!! Or just a banana and alpen light if I'm in a hurry ... going to look up slimming world free pancakes now, they sound yummy!! xxx

I know there is the 1/3 with every meal but I do not do this and our C has said on more than one occasion that if you struggle with fruit/veg like I do then as long as you are getting your 5 a day this is roughly your 3rd superfree.

A typical day for me is

B - Cereal of some kind/milk or scrambled egg
S - Fresh Pineapple (enough to be 2/5 a day)
L - Apple (1 of 2 a day); Tomato & Cucumber or Beetroot (enough to be 2/5 a day) ; Mug Shot; wafer thin ham
D - always have veg of some kind usually 2/5 a day.

On occasion I will have a few more apples in the day but I am definitely getting my 5 a day. I know everyone may not see this as the way to go but it works for me :)

I know there is the 1/3 with every meal but I do not do this and our C has said on more than one occasion that if you struggle with fruit/veg like I do then as long as you are getting your 5 a day this is roughly your 3rd superfree.

A typical day for me is

B - Cereal of some kind/milk or scrambled egg
S - Fresh Pineapple (enough to be 2/5 a day)
L - Apple (1 of 2 a day); Tomato & Cucumber or Beetroot (enough to be 2/5 a day) ; Mug Shot; wafer thin ham
D - always have veg of some kind usually 2/5 a day.

On occasion I will have a few more apples in the day but I am definitely getting my 5 a day. I know everyone may not see this as the way to go but it works for me :)

Thank you :) this has majorly de-stressed me!!! xx

I've got a big meal later with a pudding too so I did just have fruit and yoghurt this morning, but it was really yummy. Having this all cut up in a bowl definitely made it more appealling than sitting eating an apple, then an orange, then a banana, etc!
IMG_0906.JPG

I know its rather naughty but I’m having to go without the 1/3 superfree option for my breakfast as work is just too stressful at the mo and I have no time whatsoever before work or at work to have anything other than a muller light with some porridge oats mixed in that I can quickly chuck down my neck! Lost 2lbs last week with superfree so will have to see how I get on this week! Hope it doesn’t impact too too much! X x

I’m not a huge fan of fruit and berries etc you see which is why I’ve struggled with breakfasts being superfree but this is a great idea, I actually have some sitting in my freezer so I’ll give it a go tonight and see how I get on with it tomorrow. Thank you! x

I started at 16st 7lbs 4 and a half years ago so I know a thing or two about long-hauls! I think you’re doing exactly the right thing and I’m going to take a leaf out of your book! X x

Hi,
I really struggling getting my 3rd superfree into my breakfast, I was originally having a bowl of fruit with muller FF yoghurt followed by beans or egg on toast, or cereal. however my C told me today that I can't do that as my superfree has to be eaten with my other food and should really all be on the same plate being eaten as one meal not 2, even tho I eat one straight after the other.
My question is how much with this separation affect my weight as I really hate mixing cold and warm food and even though I love mushrooms a 1/3 of a plate of them is just too much and I hate tomatoes :(

Back