Breakfast ideas

I struggle too at breakfast i less I can make an omelette and through frozen peppers in.
I don't go to class so I am probably not the best person to advise but I thought that its best to eat the superfree with your meal BUT the whole idea is to fill you up on superfree so as long as it is before your meal and not after, I can't see the problem!

That was my logic too, I'm eating it all at the same time so there's no time for me to feel hungry again and I am making sure I have it before, to me it doesn't seem any different to if I had it on my plate. If I had cooked mushrooms or tomatos I would eat them 1st anyway as I tend to eat each thing on my plate one at a time not all in mixed spoonfuls anyway :/

Porridge, porridge, oh did I mention porridge. And I also have a red grapefruit and banana every morning before my porridge as well. Mmmm

A dry-fry up. LOVE it!!

i love toasted w/meal pitta with ham and a fry light fried egg with mushrooms and tomatoes yummy scrummy!!

got to say if i wasnt on mat leave and workin itd prob be a quick bowl of fruit and yoghurt!!

Hi ladies, am restarting sw tomorrow and need ideas for breakfast please . I usually have nothing then have a bag of crisps at work :( not really keen on the cereals on he b choices though, need something quick cheap and filling . Thsnks

Most days I take "Magic Porridge" to work for breakfast. It's just 35g porridge oats mixed together with a muller light yogurt, and left for an hour or so to expand. It doesn't taste particularly yogurty - it makes a really creamy porridge which is delicious cold! You could also heat it up if you have access to a microwave at work, but I personally don't like the thought of warm yogurt. I usually defrost some frozen berries and stir them through, along with a sliced banana. I usually have this at 9am and it keeps me nice and full until lunchtime, at around 12:30pm.

Another obvious choice is fruit. You could also take in cereal bars, as there are loads out there that count as a B choice - although my favourites are definitely Slimming World's HiFi bars (the Rocky Road HiFi Light's are to die for!)

Thank for your replies, I do like both fruit and porridge but I always forget to make up a fruit selection and I love golden syrup porridge and not plain but the yoghurt idea sounds good

How about toast / beans / scrambled egg / jam? There is no rule that you have to have breakfast foods in the morning either, have whatever you fancy so long as it fits in with SW. You could even still have your crisps if you syn them, although I wouldn't recommend this just saying!!

Thank for your replies, I do like both fruit and porridge but I always forget to make up a fruit selection and I love golden syrup porridge and not plain but the yoghurt idea sounds good

You can make porridge as normal using 35g porridge oats (Healthy B), milk from your Healthy A allowance (250ml semi skimmed), sweetener and 1 tbsp of Golden Syrup - this is only 2 Syns! I had this on Saturday morning with a chopped banana stirred through and it was so nice, and very filling!

You can make porridge as normal using 35g porridge oats (Healthy B), milk from your Healthy A allowance (250ml semi skimmed), sweetener and 1 tbsp of Golden Syrup - this is only 2 Syns! I had this on Saturday morning with a chopped banana stirred through and it was so nice, and very filling!

Ahh I didn't think of that!! I will give it a go, I was considering having Special K and syning it but then it's wasted syns

Ahh I didn't think of that!! I will give it a go, I was considering having Special K and syning it but then it's wasted syns

It's totally up to you what you use your Syns for! I personally wouldn't, as I wouldn't want to blow most of my Syns on the first meal of the day, I like to save them for an evening. But if that's what you want to use them for then it's up to you! :)

I wasn't a breakfast fan before I started SW now it's one of my fav meals! I normally get the frozen fruit from tesco -the mixed fruit and mixed berries - get some out the night before and I am in love with all bran - 30g golden crunch/ 30g chocolate one (HEXB) with natural yogurt or muller light :) ... The bag of berries contains super speed food which helps a lot with my loses :) this keeps me full till lunch :)

Back