Breakfast ideas

I take a coop pitta bread to work where we have a panini maker. I usually have Linda mc cartney red onion sausage and a tomato in it. Today I might have cheese and tomato...or mushroom....or both......

I promised myself this weekend that I would have a mega breakfast so here it is all for only 2 syns.
Sainsburys BGTY extra lean Cumberland sausages (0.5 syns each)
Flora light, 1 tsp (1 syn)
Weight Watchers thick sliced wholemeal bread (2 slices for HEB) although I only managed to eat 1 slice lol.

68bbc23cac6e30a5d5d7a9eaed4da7c3.jpg

Thank for your replies, I do like both fruit and porridge but I always forget to make up a fruit selection and I love golden syrup porridge and not plain but the yoghurt idea sounds good

I actually like plain porridge but what I have been doing lately is mixing in a White Choc options (2syns) and it makes it lovely and creamy. I have this every other day so dont use a lot of syns doing this :)

I am not a breakfast person but i do try to at least have a Muller light yogurt and a banana while feeding kids breakfast. I have to say when i do not eat breakfast i wont have great weight loss.

Oaty Pancakes

I love making oaty pancakes :) They're completely free - just a HEX B for the porridge.

Serves 1
35g porridge oats (healthy B)
2 eggs, beaten
cinnamon (a pinch)
vanilla essence (a splash)
1 roughly mashed banana
frylight

mix the porridge, cinnamon and then add the eggs, vanilla and banana. Heat a frying pan with some fry light in it while the porridge oats swell up a bit.

When the pan is nice and hot pour the batter mix into the pan. Heat over a medium heat until the bottom of the pancake is cooked. Flip, cook the other side.

Delicious served with a muller light and/or some berries or banana slices :D

great breakfast ideas, now Ill never be bored

I love making oaty pancakes :) They're completely free - just a HEX B for the porridge.

Serves 1
2 eggs, beaten
cinnamon (a pinch)
1 roughly mashed banana
frylight

mix the porridge, cinnamon and then add the eggs, vanilla and banana. Heat a frying pan with some fry light in it while the porridge oats swell up a bit.

When the pan is nice and hot pour the batter mix into the pan. Heat over a medium heat until the bottom of the pancake is cooked. Flip, cook the other side.

sorry to be a killjoy but the banana would have to be synned as its mashed and cooked. You can make them without the banana though, havent done them this year but used to have them quite a lot last winter

Serves 1
2 eggs, beaten
cinnamon (a pinch)
1 roughly mashed banana
frylight

Woo hoo, been looking for this recipe :D Suppose I could leave the banana out of the recipe and serve it separately ?! X

Woo hoo, been looking for this recipe :D Suppose I could leave the banana out of the recipe and serve it separately ?! X

If you mash the banana & serve with your pancakes the banana will be syned, but if you slice the banana & serve with pancakes it's free, so you can still enjoy pancakes & banana:D

This truly is the most ridiculous rule, it's exactly the same, considering you mash it up in your mouth when you eat it anyway! SOOO stupid!

Veg can be mashed and pureed without synning it. Dont understand it either, but there you go! S W has spoken! I do get the pureed smoothie thing though, like you could puree 8 apples and eat them, but you couldnt physically eat 8 apples in one go. Well thats the thinking behind it, but the mashed banana, yes I dont get!

Hi,
Thank for your recipe. i know what i will be having on Pancake Day! This sounds better than the Magic Pancakes.

Carol

I REALLY dont get it see my post couscous pancakes lol if doe breakfast I had 1 nana, 1 apple and a few berries and a muller light what is the difference if i make it into a smoothy! boknkers I tell ye!

I always have stuff I can grab easily when I'm going into work. Babybels, boiled eggs, mullers, bananas. I do a mix of a muller and a hexb of muesli or porridge oats sometimes - kept in the fridge overnight and it soaks up all the yogurt. If I'm working late, I sometimes too an omellette. And always at least one big cooked breakfast at the weekend. I like to vary it a bit or it just gets samey, but mornings are such a rush sometimes.

Back