Breakfast ideas

Cinnamon toast is my favourite! :) Use seeded wholegrain bread to toast, spread with low lat plain yogurt and sprinkle with cinnamon. Fills you up until lunch and the cinnamon is good for you too!
I sometimes use this same recipe with chopped bananas instead of toast (cuts down on that bloated feeling after bread!) - chop bananas in a bowl, mix in low-fat yogurt and add cinnamon!
Hope you enjoy x

Breakfast Cous Cous is a favourite with our group.
So easy to make too!
Just soak some plain cous cous in boling water...wait for it to expand and then mix fat free yoghurt of any flavour and sweetner...and lots of fresh/frozen fruit!
Pop it in the fridge for 10 mins to cool and its lovely jubbily :)

Breakfast Cous Cous is a favourite with our group.
So easy to make too!
Just soak some plain cous cous in boling water...wait for it to expand and then mix fat free yoghurt of any flavour and sweetner...and lots of fresh/frozen fruit!
Pop it in the fridge for 10 mins to cool and its lovely jubbily :)
I add cordial to the mix, it's very yummy.

I love making oaty pancakes :) They're completely free - just a HEX B for the porridge.

Serves 1
35g porridge oats (healthy B)
2 eggs, beaten
cinnamon (a pinch)
vanilla essence (a splash)
1 roughly mashed banana
frylight

mix the porridge, cinnamon and then add the eggs, vanilla and banana. Heat a frying pan with some fry light in it while the porridge oats swell up a bit.

When the pan is nice and hot pour the batter mix into the pan. Heat over a medium heat until the bottom of the pancake is cooked. Flip, cook the other side.

Delicious served with a muller light and/or some berries or banana slices :D

So would these be free (using your HexB) if you left out the banana? And if you did use banana, what would the syns be please?

So would these be free (using your HexB) if you left out the banana? And if you did use banana, what would the syns be please?

Bananas are free. You don't count syns in them unless they are blended into a smoothie. Xx

If you mash up the banana, it should be counted as 5 syns. I know what you mean, it does seem a bit ridiculous but it's something to do with the work your body has to do to break down fruit, and I think mashing/ pureeing (sp?!!) breaks down the fruit so more sugars are released too, so there is science behind it.

Having said that, I was away for a weekend about a month after starting SW and had a massive smoothie on the Sunday, and had one of my best losses at WI the following day - I had been super careful the rest of the week, though, and turned down cake on the Saturday, so I definitely can't say it helped but it certainly isn't the worst way to go over your syns, if you find yourself in that situation!

banana, oats so simple and a pack of mini rasins ( and chopped almonds and walnuts if im fancy) with a little rice milk all mashed and mixed together YUMMMMM

My favourite brekkie when I've got a little bit of time is 2 poached eggs, with loads of cherry tomatoes, which I fry in fry light for 3 mins on a low heat, then add some balsamic vinegar and cook on a high heat for 1 min. Makes the tomatoes taste like ketchup! Have that all on wholemeal toast, or on its own if I've got an evening out coming up.

Last edited:
Try fresh fruit with a dollop of low fat yogurt, sprinkled with cinnamon! the fruit and the cinnamon have loads of health benefits!

Ideas for breakfast!

Hi girls an boys!

I'm new to SW and on day two. Any ideas what I could have for breakfast that ain't cereal or toast and that will fill me up that ain't just a yogurt an fruit lol xxx

I always love a good omelette, you can fill it with really tasty free foods like mushrooms, ham etc and it is so filling. Quick to make too!

Toasties with HEX of low fat cheese with tomatoes or onion or ham or bacon :).

I also have bacon, sausage or egg sandwiches.

Or a boiled egg with soldiers, yum!

I'm at work right now and I just read what you wrote about bacon, sausage and egg sandwiches...... mmmmmm! How could you do that to me?! haha.

I know now I'm drooling haha! Could you please tell me, is bacon and sausage free? I'm doing EE xx

Bacon with the fat removed is free, although sausages have Syns. "Proper" sausages start at anywhere between 4 Syns each, so are quite costly! I like the Weight Watchers premium pork sausages - they are only half a Syn each.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/174015-whats-breakfast-434.html
^^ Why don't you check out this thread. It's especially for breakfast ideas, where people post what they're having each day.

I'm at work right now and I just read what you wrote about bacon, sausage and egg sandwiches...... mmmmmm! How could you do that to me?! haha.

I know now I'm drooling haha! Could you please tell me, is bacon and sausage free? I'm doing EE xx

Hahaha, sorry guys!!

Poppy as Princess_Stevie said, bacon is free with fat removed but unfortunately no sausages are :,(. I tend to use quorn sausages, weight watchers sausages or 'be good to yourself' style ones - only a couple of syns in a sandwich then and totally worth it!

Morrisons have their own healthy brand range called NuMe and I believe the sausages are also half a syn each. They are really nice though!

Hahaha, sorry guys!!

Poppy as Princess_Stevie said, bacon is free with fat removed but unfortunately no sausages are :,(. I tend to use quorn sausages, weight watchers sausages or 'be good to yourself' style ones - only a couple of syns in a sandwich then and totally worth it!

Linda McCartney rosemary and red onion sausages are free. But they're not really a breakfast sausage IMO.

Quorn "back by popular demand" sausages (exclusive to Sainsbury's) are also free.
http://www.minimins.com/syn-values/313781-quorn-back-popular-demand-lf-sausages.html

Back