Breakfast ideas

Looking for 'free' extra easy breakfasts that dont involve fruit....

Hi All,

I am looking for breakfast ideas for slimming world that are free on the plan and don't involve fruit. Stupid I know, but I just don't like the stuff, I try my best, but the most I can eat is a few strawberries or a bit of pineapple. I like to save my healthy extras for later in the day, so breakfast is usually am omelette but i would love some variety. If anyone has any ideas Id really appreciate it xx

My fav free breakfast is 2 Linda mcartney rosemary and red onion sausages with poached eggs and grilled mushrooms and tomatoes.

mushroom omelette,
tinned tomatoes with scan bran and fried eggs
bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, eggs

to name a few of my faves xx

Re: Looking for 'free' extra easy breakfasts that dont involve fruit....

Eggs (any way!) Baked beans mushrooms, grilled tomatoes and if we have some a peice or 2 of lean Bacon! Mmmmm yum! I don't eat fruit or cereal so breakfast can b a struggle! But I find keeping a sw frittata/crustless quiche in fridge ready to go a great fast brekkie! Good luck!

My fav free breakfast is 2 Linda mcartney rosemary and red onion sausages with poached eggs and grilled mushrooms and tomatoes.

Hey thanks for the tip do u know where I can get those sausages not been able to find them fr a while? Thx xx

mushroom omelette,
tinned tomatoes with scan bran and fried eggs
bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, eggs

to name a few of my faves xx

Thanks! X

Eggs (any way!) Baked beans mushrooms, grilled tomatoes and if we have some a peice or 2 of lean Bacon! Mmmmm yum! I don't eat fruit or cereal so breakfast can b a struggle! But I find keeping a sw frittata/crustless quiche in fridge ready to go a great fast brekkie! Good luck!

Do u have a recipe or the quiche or know where I can get one? I'd live to try that xx

Re: Looking for 'free' extra easy breakfasts that dont involve fruit....

Do u have a recipe or the quiche or know where I can get one? I'd live to try that xx

I use one of my own creation, I beat 5 eggs really well with a pinch of salt, (or always have some he a left each day so I often beat in a spoonful of xtra light philli and a splash of milk but not necessary!) Then some pre boiled baby potato slices, some chopped lean ham, 2 chopped spring onions, some oregano and plenty of black pepper, I pour into a 6inch sandwich cake tin (prepare tin by spraying with frylite and lined with greasproof on bottom to make it easier to get out!) And bake in oven at 200 for 20 mins. Nice eaten warm or cold! I often use this for lunch if I have girls coming with lots salad! I also change filling at will depending on what's in, so butternut squash and red pepper r great or chicken sweetcorn and leeks are great! It is lovely with cheese on top but just make sure u have as he a or syn it! Hope that helps k

Sweet couscous is quite good- filling and free on EE or green. Boil up some milk or water, add cinnamon/nutmeg then soak couscous in it til it's absorbed. Add sweetener to taste

I use one of my own creation, I beat 5 eggs really well with a pinch of salt, (or always have some he a left each day so I often beat in a spoonful of xtra light philli and a splash of milk but not necessary!) Then some pre boiled baby potato slices, some chopped lean ham, 2 chopped spring onions, some oregano and plenty of black pepper, I pour into a 6inch sandwich cake tin (prepare tin by spraying with frylite and lined with greasproof on bottom to make it easier to get out!) And bake in oven at 200 for 20 mins. Nice eaten warm or cold! I often use this for lunch if I have girls coming with lots salad! I also change filling at will depending on what's in, so butternut squash and red pepper r great or chicken sweetcorn and leeks are great! It is lovely with cheese on top but just make sure u have as he a or syn it! Hope that helps k

Sounds great I'll try it out!! Thank you xx

Sweet couscous is quite good- filling and free on EE or green. Boil up some milk or water, add cinnamon/nutmeg then soak couscous in it til it's absorbed. Add sweetener to taste

Never would of thought of that great idea!!! Thank you xx

Sorry if this has been posted before but can someone tell me what is magic porridge.....think I,ve got that right

Magic porridge (I think) is porridge mixed with muller & left overnight. Some people use this as a base to make pancakes, or using stock instead muller - savoury pancakes.

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1370606463.740734.jpg
This was my breakfast 2 quorn sausages, scrambled egg, beans and grilled tomato !
It was lush n I'm so full x

I'm finding breakfast the most difficult meal as I don't have time in the mornings to cook :(

Back