Breakfast ideas

I'm finding breakfast the most difficult meal as I don't have time in the mornings to cook :(

Could you prepare something the night before, say if you wanted cereal, weigh it out, get your bowl ready measure your milk. Or prepare some fruit then you can just add yogurt, or how about something quick like toast or ryvita with cheese on, really it is just a case of planning & not thinking what to have when you get up.;)

Could you prepare something the night before, say if you wanted cereal, weigh it out, get your bowl ready measure your milk. Or prepare some fruit then you can just add yogurt, or how about something quick like toast or ryvita with cheese on, really it is just a case of planning & not thinking what to have when you get up.;)

Could do! Thanks :)

just a few tips :) if you want a couple of sausages in the morning microwave them first not only does fat come out of them but they are cooked and ready to go in a slice of HEB bread with some fruit and a yoghurt, also...

EGGY BREADD!
take your HEB bread and 1 egg per slice some vanilla and sweetener, leave to soak up some of the egg them use some fry light to 'fry off' nice with fruit and yoghurt or bacon mushrooms, eggs sausages tomatoes etc. :)

Boiled egg, all-bran and skim milk, strawberries and apple :)

I'm not a fan of eggs fried in Fry-light, though - the taste and texture seems off.

lately I have been eating banana pancaked for breakfast- i know they are 4 syns but it allows me to save my heB for later in the day..

mashed banana (4 syns) mixed with sweetner and 2 eggs and if you have it cinnamon or nutmeg then pan fried in spray light..... i think they taste pretty good xx

I love berries and apple with Greek yoghurt <3 and chopped up in a bowl!i also eat it with a teaspoon as it fools my mind into thinking in eating more and makes me feel fuller

This past week I have had:

Mixed frozen berries, put in fridge night before and eat with yogurt.
2 alpen light bars.
Porridge made the night before, quick microwave and add banana.
Omelette. It only takes 2 minutes to make one.
2 0.5 syn Morrisons sausages cooked the night before for tea, microwaved and slapped in a slice of bread.
Leftovers from the spanish omelette we had for lunch the previous day.
Magic porridge.
Bacon lettuce and tomato in wholemeal pitta.

Not been doing this long and this is what I have come up with so far. Liked the idea of cinnamon egg toast. Will try that on Thursday as weigh day tomorrow.

Tierney

just a few tips :) if you want a couple of sausages in the morning microwave them first not only does fat come out of them but they are cooked and ready to go in a slice of HEB bread

This sounds great, but can you tell me how long to microwave for and which sausages? Thanks :)

Breakfast for me today was egg and ham muffins. They take quite some time, so they're not breakfast on the go.

You need 4 eggs, 4 mushrooms, 60g lean ham and 25ml skimmed milk.

Quarter the mushrooms and fry in Frylight until golden. Remove from heat and mix them with the chopped ham. In another bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together - season if required. Line a muffin tray with 4 muffin cases and divide the mushroom and ham mix between them. Pour the egg mixture on top, filling the cases almost to the top.

Bake in a preheated (200C) oven for 25-30 mins until risen and golden.

Serve with your choice of beans, spaghetti or tomatoes and enjoy! It is free on original and EE, but you have to count 4 syns per 100g beans on Original.

Breakfast

Hello,

I'm starting SW EE next week. I'm fine on pretty much all the principle but I'm really struggling with breakfast! I've read about cottage cheese pancakes which sound great but not exactly an everyday thing, same with a cooked breakfast. Fruit doesn't really fill me up and in winter I like something hot. I would normally eat a bowl of porridge with berries on top.

Anyone with any suggestions? I work full time and usually eat breakfast when I get in to work, we have a microwave, toaster and kettle but that is it really. Thanks

And I make porridge with water rather than milk! How many syns would that be?

Oats are a healthy extra b so you could use that for porridge and as long as the berries aren't cooked they would be free so that would be no syns

HTH

I eat breakfast in work too, usually take a couple of weetabix for a Heb and a banana to slice on top, i sometimes take porridge oats and stir fresh berries in when cooked. A girl I work with whi is also on sw, cooks bacon scrambled egg and beans the night before sticks it in a Tupperware and heats it through in the microwave at work, much to the envy of everyone else when they smell it x x

I usually have muesli from my healthy extra B. with a sliced banana, fat free natural yogurt & honey. It's my fave!

Thank ladies, and sory for hi-jacking the thread!

Pete’s Swiss Muesli (2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Apple, sliced into small pieces (ff)
1 Tbsp. chopped nixed nuts (1Heb)
4 Tbsp. Sainsbury’s “be good to yourself” 0.1% fat natural yogurt (ff)
35g Original oats (1Heb)
*Options
1 Orange, sliced into small pieces (ff)
1 Strawberry, sliced into small pieces (ff)
1 Banana, sliced into small pieces (ff)
1 Blueberry, sliced into small pieces (ff)
# Sweetener to taste

Method
Place the oats in a fridge proof bowl; add the yogurt, mix to a smooth constituency, cover with Clingfilm & place in a fridge overnight.
Cut the chosen fruit into small pieces; add to the oats & mix.
Add the nuts & mix, if too dry, add more yogurt.
# I found that I needed to add 2tbsp of sweetener for my tastes!

Swiss Muesli 2013 (Small).JPG

i love having chopped tom beans bacon without fat 2 poached eggs and whole meal toast yum

Back