Breakfast ideas

Any ideas for fast easy breakfast ideas?

I'm trying to learn the plan but am finding it hard to come up with easy quick breakfast options. What do you normally have on extra easy for breakfast?

On work days I normally have fruitful mini Shredded Wheats (healthy extra B) with milk.

On weekends I usually have 2 slices of small wholemeal bread (healthy extra B) toasted with eggs (poached/fried/boiled/scrambled), mushrooms, and either bacon or syn-free pork sausage (from my local butcher) or veggie sausages (0.5 syns each).

If I'm saving my healthy extra B for later in the day then I might make the eggs into an omelette, or just have the aforementioned breakfast but with potato instead of bread. I also sometimes use Tabasco sauce instead of brown sauce - it's surprisingly tasty on eggs.

In fact, I wanted a quick healthy extra B-free breakfast before swimming the other day - I just had a ham and mushroom omelette. Very quick to make and can be devoured swiftly too!

Breakfast is the easiest meal of the day for me! I love it.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi all,
I'm planning on starting SW (yet again) on Saturday but I really need some breakfast inspiration for weekdays...
Im reluctant to use my HEXs first thing everyday as I like to save for some olive oil or cereal bars later on, however I'm really strapped for time in the mornings as I leave the house at 6.50 and have to get my 2 year old daughter ready for nursery too.
So I'm looking for some inspiration for breakfast with either minimum preparation or that I can make the night before. And even better that I can take to work to eat...

Having looked though about 10 pages of this thread I'm definitely going to try sweetened couscous, rice pudding and already cooked frittata...

im doing slimming world extra easy. i cant eat breakfast cereals so can anyone suggest some breakfast ideas? xx

I love shredded wheat but I like to eat them dry, like little snacks. When I did WW ages ago I was told that eating dry cereal is wrong as it doesn't help the weight loss. Does anyone know whether this is true? Is this a terribly bad habit?

(I hate 'soggy' food, have never dunked biscuits, always put gravy and sauces in a little bowl to the side of my plate so that it doesn't soak into the food, and also love cereal but hate soggy mushy cereal so therefore eat it dry, saving the milk for my tea).

I'm having a mixed fruit salad and FF Greek lemon yogurt this morning, i also really enjoy boiled egg on toast

I'm having a fruit salad and FF Greek style lemon yogurt, never tried these yogurts before so i hope they are nice :)

I love shredded wheat but I like to eat them dry, like little snacks. When I did WW ages ago I was told that eating dry cereal is wrong as it doesn't help the weight loss. Does anyone know whether this is true? Is this a terribly bad habit?

I can't see why eating dry cereal would be bad for weight loss as long as it's one of your healthy extras or you syn it. The healthy extras in the book are for x amount of cereals, not x amount of cereals and milk together. As long as it's part of your plan I can't see why eating them dry would slow your weight loss. You'd get the same amount of fibre from it whether you have milk with it or not and the syn content wouldn't increase with or without milk as the milk would be synned separately. I think that as long as you're measuring it properly and including it correctly in your plan then dry cereal is fine.

I don't think it would matter if you snacked on them throughout the day either, as long as you didn't go over your allowance. I split my healthy extras over the day rather than eating them all in 1 sitting (e.g. half a HEXA milk for breakfast and the other half in the evening or in coffee). As long as you stick to it, I think it would be fine.

The only thing I can think of with dry cereal is that having it dry makes it hard for the body to use the fibre? I know that my C always says if you have scan bran drink plenty as it can bung you up but that's all I have ever heard. I only eat dry cereal I don't like milk, but I don't have it that often.

Fruit & yoghurt, omelette, egg on toast, beans on toast, or I know its not really a breakfast thing but I quite often eat leftovers from the previous nights dinner for breakfast.

My favourite breakfast at the moment is chopped fruit (i normally have banana or pear), mullerlight yoghurt (the new raspberry with dark chocolate sprinkles if fab) and 30g of chocolate cluster crunch all bran (HEB) utterly amazing and super feeling.

Other breakfasts I like are cooked ones - I get a baking tray and put 2 bacon medallions, 2 LM red onion and rosemary sausages, 2 eggs (cracked open into silicon cupcake cases) tomaotes and mushrooms, bit of frylight and bung it all in the oven, sometimes add beans - mainly at the weekends when I tend to combine lunch and breakfast.

SW pancake with chopped fruit and FF greek yoghurt, sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon is also really nice.

Oh and I normally have porridge, weetabix or some variation of eggs and lots of fruits

Agree! SW pancakes? And i've never heard of choc crunch all bran! Is it a Hex?
Thank you for the ideas! :)

Sent from my HTC One mini using MiniMins.com mobile app

My favourite breakfast at the moment is chopped fruit (i normally have banana or pear), mullerlight yoghurt (the new raspberry with dark chocolate sprinkles if fab) and 30g of chocolate cluster crunch all bran (HEB) utterly amazing and super feeling.

Other breakfasts I like are cooked ones - I get a baking tray and put 2 bacon medallions, 2 LM red onion and rosemary sausages, 2 eggs (cracked open into silicon cupcake cases) tomaotes and mushrooms, bit of frylight and bung it all in the oven, sometimes add beans - mainly at the weekends when I tend to combine lunch and breakfast.

SW pancake with chopped fruit and FF greek yoghurt, sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon is also really nice.

That cooked breakfast sounds ace / why have I never thought to cook it that way??? Eyes opened lll

Tomorrow I am going to have a go at sweet couscous cooked in milk and some sweetener and cinnamon added and maybe syn some flaked almonds!

Tomorrow I am going to have a go at sweet couscous cooked in milk and some sweetener and cinnamon added and maybe syn some flaked almonds!

Oh now this sounds interesting. Think I will be trying this. When you say cooked, do you heat the milk and add to the cous cous like water or do you put it all in a pan?4

Allie

Back