Breakfast ideas

I've found a way of making Bircher muesli slimming world friendly! I fell in love the with creamy oaty goodness on a cruise in the summer and have been craving it ever since, normal overnight oats aren't the same!

The actual recipe calls for fruit juice, but I just substituted undiluted sugar free squash!

35g oats (HEx B)
Chopped or grated apple
10g sultanas (1.5 syns, optional)

Arrange these in a bowl and pour over a little squash until the oats are wet but not floating! Then top up with skimmed milk (HEx A) until creamy texture and leave in the fridge to enjoy in the morning. You could make it with a runny yogurt instead of the milk, and don't have to include the raisins. It's sweet enough not to add honey or sweetener. Delish!

All your suggestions sound great, will be taking note - thanks :) x

Yes they are free... hav u tried the orange and chocolate sprinkles?! Tastes like terrys choc orange... YUM

Some great ideas on here. Great for a new girl!

This morning I had this 'breakfast in a jar' that I saw on another site.

Layer Heb porridge oats, frozen fruits and syn free yoghurt in a jar (I'm sure it would work equally well in a tub) and leave overnight. In the morning just stir it all together in a bowl. I used some fruit Asda value frozen fruit, just picking out the apple and orange slices, and Asda fat free vanilla yoghurt, which I hope is still syn free. I know it was late last year when I was going to club. It all tasted delicious, the apples were slightly tart, which I like, and the oats had softened. It was a bit like apple crumble.

20140505_081214.jpg

20140505_081421.jpg

some good ideas :)

Am thinking of doing scan bran challenge - wondered whether doing them similar to magic porridge and leaving overnight with yogurt n fruit would make them more palatable lol! Anyone ever tried this?

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins.com mobile app

I just eat scan bran topped with jam and banana,they are quite nice :)

Sent from my GT-S5839i using MiniMins.com mobile app

I use one of my own creation, I beat 5 eggs really well with a pinch of salt, (or always have some he a left each day so I often beat in a spoonful of xtra light philli and a splash of milk but not necessary!) Then some pre boiled baby potato slices, some chopped lean ham, 2 chopped spring onions, some oregano and plenty of black pepper, I pour into a 6inch sandwich cake tin (prepare tin by spraying with frylite and lined with greasproof on bottom to make it easier to get out!) And bake in oven at 200 for 20 mins. Nice eaten warm or cold! I often use this for lunch if I have girls coming with lots salad! I also change filling at will depending on what's in, so butternut squash and red pepper r great or chicken sweetcorn and leeks are great! It is lovely with cheese on top but just make sure u have as he a or syn it! Hope that helps k

This sounds good!...subscribing x

I am really loving egg wraps at the moment! Keep you so full, and are quick and easy to make. Make them like a thin omelette and fill with whatever you like, I've done veggie sausages, babybel and tomatoes, ham and tomatoes!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    389.6 KB · Views: 296
It's the oats from your healthy extra b soaked over night in mullerlight in the fridge - then add 3 eggs and cook in frylight you then add fruit of choice

I've got an even better pancake recipe which is free as it's only eggs! :-D Think I may even prefer these to the magic oaty pancakes!

Ingredients (makes 2 pancakes)

• 6 tbsp sweetener
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • Fry Light
Instructions

1. Separate the egg yolk and egg white into separate bowls
  2. Add 3 tbsp of sweetener to the egg white. Using an electric mixer, whisk up the egg white until it makes stiff peaks
  3. Add the vanilla extract and the rest of the sweetener to the egg yolk and mix well.
  4. Fold the egg yolk into the egg white mixture
  5. Spray a pan with Fry Light and pour half the mixture into the pan. After a few minutes flip the pancake over,
  6. Take the pancake out a few minutes later, and repeat the cooking process with the rest of the mixture.
  7. Serve them up with your favourite pancake topping and enjoy!
Pancakes.jpg

PS I know there's no superfree, I stupidly left it all in the fridge at work last night so munching on my superfree now ;-)

Last edited:
Magic porridge for the first time its nicer then I expected!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back