Breaking the barriers and making a change.

Thanks for your kind words, hope you are right about next weigh in!

I have found that exercise and not drinking alcohol as the main ways that I lose weight (no surprises really) - I do have to force myself to go out and walk/run every day, luckily with having a dog I have to go out a couple of times each day come rain or shine.

The golf and cricket are no chore at all! :)

How is your week going?

Oh yeah Cricket and Golf must be an awful chore for you to do ;)

We are getting a puppy in 4 weeks this Sunday so I know that I will be out every day walking her as well which we be great exercise and I know even when I don't feel like it I will have no choice as the dog will need walking :D

I know you read my diary so you know my week hasn't really started yet although I am ready for my first meeting and can't wait to start... Watch this space :)

We are getting a puppy in 4 weeks this Sunday so I know that I will be out every day walking her as well which we be great exercise and I know even when I don't feel like it I will have no choice as the dog will need walking :D

What type of dog are you getting?
We have an English Springer Spaniel, just over 2 years old and he's still mental! :D

21/06/2011 – Part 2

I just feel really hungry today, here’s what I’ve eaten so far;
2x alpen light (HeB); 1 x tangerine; 1 x apple; 1 x mugshot (roast chicken with added chilli flakes); a salad bowl with lettuce, toms, cucumber, 2 x eggs and tuna and a hifi lemon bar (HeB) – and I’m still thinking about eating – something has gone wrong in my brain today I think!!

I know we’re having homemade spag bol for tea (I’ll be substituting cauliflower for the spaghetti) and I’ll probably have some salad with it too but it’s just not stopping me craving food and as for my 2.5 litres of water so far today? Well it’s made no difference to the hunger just made me go to the loo at work that much that a colleague asked me if I have diabetes!! Haha

Hopefully the hunger will pass soon.

P

22/06/2011

Morning all – well the plan of spag bol didn’t happen last night, in fact it turned out much better as we just had mince (extra lean) and veg, was yummy and stopped me feeling hungry once I was onto my 2nd plate full. Decided to put Primula light on my veg – delicious!

Today is looking good too, had the dog out this morning for a half hour walk, now at work and so far only had my 2 alpen light’s and a little banana, will have an apple now and lunch around 1pm – Chicken MugShot and then fruit salad (melon, pineapple, strawberries, kiwi) nom, nom, nom…
Also had a litre of water so far, only another 2 or 3 to go!.

Pretty uneventful night last night, finally had an early night (9pm) and feel so much better for it today – not that I won’t be tired at work like! Haha

P

Your meal plan for the day sounds yummy, although I have to say I have never tried a mugshot in my life (I don't actually know what it is! Is it like cup a soup?)

Good luck with drinking the water. Have you been managing to drink 3-4 litres per day? I think I may struggle with that but will give it a darn good go!

Your meal plan for the day sounds yummy, although I have to say I have never tried a mugshot in my life (I don't actually know what it is! Is it like cup a soup?)

Good luck with drinking the water. Have you been managing to drink 3-4 litres per day? I think I may struggle with that but will give it a darn good go!

Yeah normally at least 3 litres a day - hence the racehorse quip.... it never ends!! haha

MugShots are canny, I'm not a fan of cup a soups but the mug shots have enough substance about them to keep me interested, nice amount of pasta, decent chicken flavour and not too salty. Give them a try they are FREE on all plans.

MugShots are canny, I'm not a fan of cup a soups but the mug shots have enough substance about them to keep me interested, nice amount of pasta, decent chicken flavour and not too salty. Give them a try they are FREE on all plans.

Oooh I didn't know they were free on red - thanks for that. They are nice. The only problem is, I end up slopping it down my front - then I look like an idiot at work!

Oooh I didn't know they were free on red - thanks for that. They are nice. The only problem is, I end up slopping it down my front - then I look like an idiot at work!

Well I think they're free - I did ask my consultant and she said yes but I'm still confused how pasta can be free on a red day????? (edit - I've just messaged her on facebook to double check)

UPDATE : They aren't free on red days - only free on EE or Green for Roast Chicken, Minestrone and Tomato/Herb.
I've been having the roast chicken one on red = 10syns! cack!!

I haven't managed to slop it yet at work but I'm sure I will now you've mentioned it! haha

Last edited:

Oh I bet that looks lovely an attractive Tillymax! Do you want a bib ;)

Well I think they're free - I did ask my consultant and she said yes but I'm still confused how pasta can be free on a red day????? (edit - I've just messaged her on facebook to double check)

UPDATE : They aren't free on red days - only free on EE or Green for Roast Chicken, Minestrone and Tomato/Herb.

I haven't managed to slop it yet at work but I'm sure I will now you've mentioned it! haha

Ohhhh good job you just checked! How long have you been having them on red days for?

I will definately give them a try and I just checked with Asda online and they are doing 5 for £2 at the minute so definately worth a try :D

Ohhhh good job you just checked! How long have you been having them on red days for?

2 weeks! haha, luckily i don;t have one every day and I rarely hit more than 10 syns a day so hopefully won't have done too much damage to my weight loss. Well at least I know to cut them out on my red mission now. Which is a shame as they are dead tasty, looks like big old tuna salad's at work from now on for me.

Thanks for checking. Blooming heck 10 syns :eek:

Sorry if you do slop and you probably will now :8855:

23/06/2011

Afternoon all – having a great day so far? I know I am buzzing from my lunchtime walk at work (did just over 3 miles and no rain!). Have a big weekend coming up as it Sara’s birthday so we’re off to Pickering tomorrow afternoon stopping in a lovely B&B (managed to find one with a kitchen so we don’t need to eat at pubs) and then on Saturday night we’re seeing Erasure (not for me) at Dalby Forest – I’m planning on taking a picnic of chilli/garlic prawns, tandoori chicken skewers, syn free potato salad (as it’s an EE weekend) and slightly synable homemade coleslaw with celery, carrot sticks, courgette and cucumber to dip in it all. Nom. Drinks I hear you ask…. Vodka or Gin with slimline tonic……. I will let you all know if the planning all came off!

Last night we had Salmon, roasted butternut squash, carrots, broc and cauli with primula light it was delicious and I would recommend as a filling evening meal with next to no carbs.

Today I’m already through 3 litres of water and have had my normal 2x alpen light and an apple for breakfast, had sushi and a side salad for lunch and have some apple and kiwi for a 3pm snack.

Hope you are all well.

P

27/06/2011

Morning all – had a great weekend away, stayed in a B&B in Pickering which was excellent and I would recommend to anyone, ah yeah Sophie Ellis Bextor and Erasure were canny on the Saturday night too and it didn't rain, phew!

SW wise I have done better than I normally would on a weekend away – we had homemade cheese burgers and sw chips on Friday night, was lush! Then Saturday we had an omelette before taking lots of sw friendly food to the gig – tandoori chicken skewers with mushroom and peppers, garlic and chilli king prawns and homemade coleslaw and potato salad. Decided EE was defo the way forward.

Got back yesterday – back onto RED days from now so wondering how I will weigh in tonight, would love to think I could have got down to maybe a pound of the 20 stone barrier but feel I may have drank too much vodka and gin over the weekend to achieve that.

P

27/06/2011 – Part 2

How come I’m always so hungry on Weigh In day? I literally could eat a cow at this moment in time, luckily for me I have an early finish from work today so will get to the 1730 meeting rather than 1930.

So far today have had 2x Alpen light; 1 x Fibre Plus and 1 apple. Got through 3 litres of water and about to have my lunch which is leftover tandoori chicken, pepper and mushroom skewer with homemade spicy coleslaw – fingers crossed that fulfils me until after WI.

Hope you are all having a less hungry Monday than me, speak soon

Paul

Good luck for WI :D

I'm having a hungry Monday, but that's probably because I'm trying to be good today, ready for WI tomorrow morning, as I have had way too much wine over the weekend:eek:

Back