Breaking the barriers and making a change.

Glad you had a lovely weekend. The food sounds wonderful - I may steal some of those ideas :)

Good luck for weigh in

28/06/2011

Well “hungry” Monday has come and gone – fortunately I didn’t give into it and then at weigh in I lost 3.5lbs! That makes me really happy as it proves I can have weekends away and not lose control and gain weight – also got a new sticker for 1.5 stones off! Chuffed!

Today is back into red 100% so 2x alpen light and an apple for brekkie, homemade coleslaw, chicken & mushroom skewer, peppers, lettuce, cucumber and 3 x babybel light for lunch with sushi for a snack before cricket at 6pm and that will be all.

Not much else going on really – all quiet till my cricket tour of Somerset at the end of the month – flexi syns will come into effect that week!

P

29/06/2011

Tuesday was good – all food went according to plan and cricket was ok considering we got paggered…… I must admit I had a couple of cans of strongbow afterwards as it was a very very hot night and nothing but cider would do the job!

Today I’m cricketing again after work (which means no tea, excellent) so have my normal brek of alpen light and an apple, lunch is homemade potato salad (yes going EE today) which is lovely and I’ve added quite a lot of spring onion and chilli flakes to it as well with another apple and then I have got a little ham salad for before cricket and tonight I’ll stay away from the cider, I promise.

Long may the sunshine continue!

P

Have fun at the cricket and yes stay away from the cider :)

Potato salad sounds nice. Do you mind me asking how did you make yours?

Stole the recipe from my boss - Sarah's Potato Salad

I always make a joblot....

1kg potatoes (new if possible) cubed and boiled
4 rashers of bacon (all fat removed) and made into lardons
2 bunches of spring onions (sliced)
4tbsp very light salad cream
4tbsp extra extra or fat free mayo

cook potatoes and cool, add grilled lardons, add spring onions.
stir in mayo and salad cream, mix and cool in fridge overnight.

Stole the recipe from my boss - Sarah's Potato Salad

I always make a joblot....

1kg potatoes (new if possible) cubed and boiled
4 rashers of bacon (all fat removed) and made into lardons
2 bunches of spring onions (sliced)
4tbsp very light salad cream
4tbsp extra extra or fat free mayo

cook potatoes and cool, add grilled lardons, add spring onions.
stir in mayo and salad cream, mix and cool in fridge overnight.

Yummy!

Let me know what you think of it when you try it - I really like it but I'm reverting back to red days as I hate the bloated feeling I get on EE or green days.

30/06/2011

Another day, another red day in my world – managed to get out of cricket last night as we ended up with too many players so as I was still aching from the night before I was more than happy to step aside and go home; tea was tuna steak with broc, cauli and butternut squash with sliced chilli, delicious!

Just read how much weight MiniMum lost this week and it’s kicked me back into gear – no more of the not going for walks at lunch, I may even get Kinect out again and see if I can try to get somewhere near 19 stone by the end of July; that would be AMAZING!

I’ve also realised I just don’t drink any water when I’m at home so from today I will have a water bottle with me at all times, even if I feel a little hunger pain it will be satisfied with whatever sugar free juice I have near me! I’m also right back into my chillies, been using fresh ones all week and have 4 plants growing at the minute so hopefully these little superspeedy beauties will keep my losing weight and fingers crossed I can get under the first barrier of 20 stone when I get weighed on Monday.

Keep the faith everyone – we will get what we deserve!

P

30/06/2011

Another day, another red day in my world – managed to get out of cricket last night as we ended up with too many players so as I was still aching from the night before I was more than happy to step aside and go home; tea was tuna steak with broc, cauli and butternut squash with sliced chilli, delicious!

Just read how much weight MiniMum lost this week and it’s kicked me back into gear – no more of the not going for walks at lunch, I may even get Kinect out again and see if I can try to get somewhere near 19 stone by the end of July; that would be AMAZING!

I’ve also realised I just don’t drink any water when I’m at home so from today I will have a water bottle with me at all times, even if I feel a little hunger pain it will be satisfied with whatever sugar free juice I have near me! I’m also right back into my chillies, been using fresh ones all week and have 4 plants growing at the minute so hopefully these little superspeedy beauties will keep my losing weight and fingers crossed I can get under the first barrier of 20 stone when I get weighed on Monday.

Keep the faith everyone – we will get what we deserve!

P

We will get there and we have to keep faith! Water has REALLY been difficult for me and I have had to force myself to remember but this week I instamyly go for the water if i think I am hungry and after a glass of water I am no longer hungry as it tends to fill me up.

Kinect is great too :D I went on it yesterday at my friends house and did zumba and boy is that difficult! Felt great after though. What games do you have on the kinect?

Kinect is great too :D I went on it yesterday at my friends house and did zumba and boy is that difficult! Felt great after though. What games do you have on the kinect?

have a few - not Zumba though, have got Sports, Motion Sports, Adventures, Dance Central (don't ask) and Your Shape - all of them get a sweat going but Your Shape is good as it scans your whole body so you see a pixellated version of yourself on the TV and it also monitors calories burnt and time on it.

have a few - not Zumba though, have got Sports, Motion Sports, Adventures, Dance Central (don't ask) and Your Shape - all of them get a sweat going but Your Shape is good as it scans your whole body so you see a pixellated version of yourself on the TV and it also monitors calories burnt and time on it.

Dance Central is great!! I did a mean Lady Gaga dance at my friends and I thought I had fantastic rhythm until I saw the playback and oh my goodness!! It was funny though :D

I think Kinect is great and I have to invest although whenever the x box comes on in this house it usually has COD in it :D

Kinect is sooooo good like - anyone who thinks the Wii is good will be blown away by Kinect.

Lady Gaga you say..... hmmmmm! haha

04/07/2011

Morning all – hope you all had a good weekend in the sunshine. Just sitting at my desk at work and I can’t believe how many people have red necks, faces, arms and everything – have people not heard of suncream? It’s very British!! Haha

My weekend started in the pub on Friday night straight from work watching Andy Murray turning from British to Scottish in a couple of hours….. very disappointing – I managed to stay away from drinking too much (only had 2 pints of beer) and was home with my wife by 9pm, some would say very disciplined/good/well behaved but to be honest I had no choice if I wanted picking up!

Saturday morning was spent in Tesco (boo) and then making sandwiches for the cricket tea (ham with tomato and cucumber if you are interested) then it was off to the pavilion for a 2pm start (after having a bacon on brown bap) – tea was served at cricket and it was amazing even the opposition said it was the best they’ve had in years, torture for anyone trying to food optimise but luckily someone had brought in fresh pineapple and melon so I was able to stay away from filling my guts with cornflake cake and pie! We got beat in the end but it was against the reigning league champions and we gave them a shock.

Yesterday was mainly spent in the backgarden enjoying the sun – all weekend I’ve kept on my red day quest but have feeling the cold cans of cider may have been a bridge to far to breaking my 20 stone barrier this week – guess we’ll find out at WI tonight………

Today should be a normal WI day for me, so had my 2 alpen light and lots of water for morning food/sustenance with salad for lunch and even more water before WI at 730pm and back home for tuna steak with butternut, broccoli, cauli, carrots and my HeA.

Speak soon

Paul

Back