Breastfeeding and Slimming World

exactly

Thanks girls. I've been feeling a bit weepy about it, upset I can't provide for her. But you're right at the end of the day we've got to do what's best for baby and tonight has by far been the happiest evening we've had with Bella, as she's been so content

well that says it all! Happy baby is all a parent wants. I felt sad about not providing too but he really wasn't happy with breast feeding. I'll give it ago the next time round but i'll be open minded and have the formula in just incase.

Sarah - I express and top up with formula.As long as you and the baby are healthy and happy that is all that matters. one of my midwifes gave excusively formula she does could not get on with any other way!!!My cpn says formula now adays is practically as good as breast milk. My Charles suffers from small amounts of colic and I got the avent anti-colic bottles alongside infacol which i give every so often to help - which I have noticed a massive different.

We got those anti collic bottles too they are good.

Sarah, you've done so well. you will feel upset by it, i remember how heatbroken i was when we had all our problems.. we all know formula does perfectly and it wouldn't be available if it was no good! but you can't help those hormones running riot! .. id continue bf when you can as long as you can.. in the mornings if that's all she'l take.. and just see how you go! might aswell use the milk while youve got it :) happy mummy equals happy babies and the bottom line is, thats ALL that matters........................ lets face it, no one asks you if you were breast or bottle when your interviewed for a job or meet a potential partner! .. yes breast has great qualities and its great if you can but it is not the be all and end all. I think it a real shame those who make others feel bad for formula feeding! you have to do whats right for you, you cant please everyone and unless they'r gunna grow a set of boobies full of milk and do it themselves they can **** off! ........ can't win these days anyways, formula feed and you get dirty looks, whip your boob out and everyones suddenly really uncomfortable!

Thanks all. We had a really good night last night so it's obviously hunger that's been making her upset in the evenings which tells me this is truly the right thing to do.

Well that was until 4am when Bella woke for a feed and refused to sleep for over 2 hours!! I still bf her at 6am when she was still restless, and again this morning, also I'll keep expressing through the evenings so she can have a bottle of expressed to replace one of the formulas.

We're going to get Bella registered this afternoon, which I'm excited about

yay, i remember registering Penny.. eek exciting!

ah you and me both then, penny woke at 4 and kicked up a right royal fuss.. most unlike her. she didnt go to sleep to 6, (but then we slept till 9, and shed already done 9-4 lol)

I used to give Alex anything between 1oz - 3oz of formula as a top up feed because it meant I got some sleep. I know that might sound terrible but hey, I got sleep and that meant i could look after my son better during the day.

Baby is happy, healthy and you're good - that's all that matters.

Periods wose - mines returned at 7 weeks, but disappeared again. No idea what's going on with them.

I am so pi***d off with my OH, since expressing my hv recommended bisucits to eat to help with energy booast, I did start doing and yes the sugar rush does help but sadly it is not so kind on the scales.So, decided to make a change and look in the internet for better quick snacks to munch on but my OH is still insisting I eat biscuits and I am so annoyed as I don;t want to do that so there is friction in my household at the moment and I hate him for not allowing me to decide what to do. He has told me do what I want now but don't moan about being tired to him or the HV, it is not fair - men don't understand :'(

(((hugs))) men really don't have a clue do they, guessing your health visitor recommended biscuits because they are quick and easy so maybe something like alpen lights, the weetabix cereal bars or even hi-fi bars would work in the same way and they are b choices although you would have to check your book for how many I don't have mine to hand right now. I had a mars bar after expressing this morning so at least you weren't that bad lol. Hugs Crystal xx

Ha that makes me laugh hv reccommending biscuits! Thought they were all about 'being healthy blah blah'! The alpen light bars are a good idea though and shouldn't be a problem with the extra HEB's you can have. Aww your poor hubs, he just thinks hv word is law since they are suppose to know what they are talking about! Maybe have a word with her and explain that you are trying to be healthy and can she suggest other things.
Looks like i'm in for some fun in a few wks time then with all these bf issues etc , so glad i have you guys to turn to though!
Anyway can i ask is anyone buying xmas presents for their babies, if so what kind of things are you getting? I have asked family/friends to give vouchers or money but i would like to have a few things under the tree even though he won't have a clue! lol
x

thanks guys, I am glad I get sympathy here, it is hard work with men especially as they don't understand about weight lol. I can not wait till my 6wks check in November so that I can do exercise I am dying to do some again but decided to wait till then so my body has time to recover. I am planning on doing 3omins x3 weekly workouts I find it really helps chill me out as well as the healthy benefits attached to it! I put on 3lbs last week and I believe it was cause of the biscuits. My HV seems really down to earth :p Jojo it is all fun and games. I got little charles a fewe bits tpput stocking like snowglobe, height chart, christmas outfit - I don't see point in spending loads althought I did get his 1st bauble and got one of those glass baubles put you can put own piccies in so going but one of mummy, daddy and son in (awww) :)

Hi all, just wanted to share that sticking to my full HEx allowance hasn't had an adverse effect on my weight loss as I feared it might - I clocked up a 4lb loss tonight! Woohoo!!
x

How about next time your HV is in you say that you want to swap biscuits for a piece of fruit or similar? Then your OH may listen? It's nice he's wanting to look after you, sometimes they just don't listen though!

I love my Oh dearly and your right he has the best intentions but at times we don'tsee eye to eye. But now all sorted and we comprimised between us, I just needed a place to vent because now and again men can be a pain and vice versa for him, hehe!!! Thanks for the tips I shall use them and have some fruit and alpen bars

OMG Fern!!! I just died from the cuteness! She looks *just* Like you!

Alex now huge! My back is breaking :/ He now measures 68cm, weight 16lbs 6oz making him 91st centile for length and 75th for weight. Roughly the size of a 6 month old baby.

Packed away all his 3-6 mo stuff and broke out the 6month + stuff. Where is my baby going?!?!

He's now able to almost sit up, hold his head up most of the time and is constantly grabbing stuff to put in his mouth.

HV was out gave us the weaning talk - said to try and keep him on milk for as long as possible - I'm trying but he's wanting to feed every 2.5 hours and lots of sleep. He's only 16 weeks so can't have ANYTHING at all anyway til 17 weeks, but I'm debating trying him on some baby rice soon. I'm not sure if the mouth + grabbing is him learning and exploring his environment or if he is hungry?

Asked HV and got "every baby different" so feel just as confused as I did before.

389000_10150517231489745_532654744_11315916_411326389_n.jpg

Back