Breastfeeding and Slimming World

Oh gosh sleep is a thing of the past for me now lol! Rosie still wakes up at 10:30, 2:30 and 5:30 every morning! I suppose it's not too bad as I'm still up at 10:30 and 5:30 is a good enough start for me, but that 2:30 feed is a real killer!

Yeah Ive been writing it all down. Consultant says it looks fine.

How long have you been doinh SW? How old is your baby? Hope you dont mind me asking!

What did you mean in the last bit about sleeping mums?

I am currently just eating healthy as if I do SW I get obessive about numbers and such like that it makes me ill mentally with it all.
My baby is 15 days old :) how old is yours?

I was just woundering how people cope with sleep, as I am so tired, I have to sleep regular as I am like a walking zoombie... My baby during night time wakes up about every 2hrs no joke, lol

Sounds like your getting used to the rountine, I wish I had the intervals between feeding like you, but reading the books it is early days and that si quite normal. Fingers crossed when Charles gets older he will have a bit more space between feeds so I can get some shut eye. I am so glad I decided to have a year of uni, God knows how I would of coped!

Oh I quite believe you. My baby (4 months) wakes 8+ times a night. Basically every hour. At its worst (teething and reflux) it was every 40 mins. It got so bad at one point I had a panic attack from the pure lack of sleep and exhaustion. Theres a reason to my baby bad nights though.

It WILL get easier for you, you will actually get used to waking and each week she'll wake less at night, it really doea get better. In the mean time rest when you can.

Bunny, it gets easier, honestly but for me it'salways been at 6-7 months and it coincides with weaning. Enjoy those snuggly night feeds, babies get too big too quickly.

the first few weeks of bf were hard.. every 1.5 hours, atleast. 10 day growth spurt was every 40mins-feeding for over an hour each time. i was a mess...........touch wood the past week and a half penny does 10pm-3;30 then till 5for a quick feed, back down till 7!

Fay wakes a few times a night for feeds, I'm kind of used to it now. We co-sleep so I obly wake when shes rooting around, then back off to sleep. It didn't help that my boy was sick at 3am, me and fay were fast asleep, boo! XX

Bunny it gets easier but it's easier by wee degrees so you hardly notice.

I swear I was ready to punch the next person who said "it gets easier" because Alex was feeding every 90 minutes. And that wasn't 90 minutes that i could sleep, oh no, I still had to wind and burp him, change him etc. Then I had to try and drink something, and pee etc.

You are like the walking dead for the first wee while.

But then he went to 2 hours between feeds. Then 2.5, then 3.

Now at night he goes down about 11/midnight ish. Wakes up at 3 (now) for a feed and goes back down like a wee dream until 9ish. And I feel like a new woman.

Hang in there. Take offers of someone doing a feed so you can sleep, even if it's just one and at this stage you'll have no shortage of people wanting a wee shot of Charles. Let people bring you food and do your dishes.

Thanks Lexi - good to know, my OH looked after him earlier yesterday and I slept for 1.5hrs it was amazing sleep and I felt so much better for it.

I put on 0.5 this week - my own fault, I get so hungray after expressing that I ate a lot of cheese and 6 yogurts in one day. I now after such a long break realising just how bad I am at moderation and food control. Back to learning what I can and can not have in me flat and learn to have a back up plan for when hunger strikes.

On a more postive note charlie boy has but on 9oz's so that totals his weight to 6lbs and 11oz's :)

Hello all.

I didnt go to weigh in this week as my baby was unwell. Hes better now though!

It meant though thar he was feeding less, so Ive actually lost 1lb as my boobs have stopped going milk crazy. I think hes ending his growth spurt as well but im not sure!

Hope youre all well. X

you can now buy orange options light in a box and it is so yummy :)

hope penny likes her class and meets some friends. I am taking young charles to baby group on monday, eek!

Hi everyone, time for me to join you after baby Isabella entered the world on Monday!
We've been having problems with her latching on, so at the moment I'm expressing while trying her at the boob everytime for a good half hour before giving her an expressed bottle. I'm really hoping with perseverance we'll both get there in the end.

Luckily my milk supply is really good so I'm hoping if she doesn't go on the boob I can carry on exclusively expressing.

At the mo I am feeling exhausted and overwhelmed about bringing such a beautiful person into the world. She's so amazing - pulls some beautiful faces and my happiest times are when she's cuddling on my chest looking up at me with her big eyes.

Hope everyone is doing ok xx

Sarah, congratulations! She's beautiful!

Sarah congratulations on your beautiful little girl! Her name is beautiful, well done!!!

Congratulations Sarah, your little lady is beautiful.
I am impressed you are starting so soon after birth. Atleast you won't make the mistake I did, which was to use food to replace sleep.
Hope the feeding continues well x

Snap_Dragon said:
Congratulations Sarah, your little lady is beautiful.
I am impressed you are starting so soon after birth. Atleast you won't make the mistake I did, which was to use food to replace sleep.

thank you everyone for your lovely comments. I'm not quite ready to focus on SW quite yet, in fact I've been struggling to find the time to eat full stop - so unlike me! I'm sure once we get some sort of routine going I can think about that again.
Hard night last night as miss Bella had a huge appetite! Just hoping I can keep up with her appetite by expressing for her (I am pumping while writing!)

Back