Breastfeeding and Slimming World

Just wanted to say a quick hello, I still BF my 17 month old and restarted SW 2.5 weeks ago after loosing 1st 10lbs last year and gained the 10lbs again :( so need to lose 2.5st and can't wait. I have 3a's and 3b's a day.

A x

hi busymum and welcome. well done on still bf'ing 17mth on!! i think after 6mth n weaning u can only have 1 extra hex so on extra easy plan thats 1 B and 2 A choices as they recommend using the extra as an A choice.

I express whilst im feeding.....bit of a juggle though lol could do with uping it to twice maybe 3 times a day

well i was hoping to start parent and baby swim this wk but the pool 2 mins from my house has stopped doing it due to lack of numbers! Perhaps if they advertised it people might know it existed! grrrr

busymummy2012 said:
Just wanted to say a quick hello, I still BF my 17 month old and restarted SW 2.5 weeks ago after loosing 1st 10lbs last year and gained the 10lbs again :( so need to lose 2.5st and can't wait. I have 3a's and 3b's a day.

A x

Hey hun. Great to see you in here.
This lovely lady was my bump buddy and now my good friend!

4lb gone this week girls yay and a new shiny! Hope you are all well. x

typos lol.

Last edited:
busymummy2012 said:

A x
hello,
Thats brilliant! I'm hoping to carry on for a while yet, although DH has said I should stop once my little one reaches 1 year old. I don't agree

Do you get extra healthy B's when your breadtfeeding? The sw leaflet only says you get extra A's but no extra B's ?

X x

The leaflet I've got just says you get additional HEXs & doesnt specify how many of each, you choose from a's & b's but it does recommend at least 2 of the 4 (Im exclusively breastfeeding 4 month old) are an 'a' choice so you're getting lots of calcium. It does list other calcium rich non dairy & free foods for you to eat also so I guess that's helpful if people choose to have their extra HEXs as a 'b' choice maybe because of intolerances or dislikes.

Jojo - I don't think eating badly for one week will affect your milk that much, & I'm pretty sure if it did you'd know as baby would fuss at feeding etc when they normally don't.

xx

PS feeding at 17 months?! Amazing! I really hope I can continue that long. Hubby thinks it looks a bit weird already as little man is so long even though he's only 4 months, but I've told him I would like to try up to 2 years if poss as it's so good for baby. He's fine with this though, despite thinking it looks a bit odd as the research is all there to back it up. MIL on the otherhand is disgusted by breastfeeding full stop & trying to get me to wean, give formula etc already as she can't cope with me feeding DS!! I can't cope with her!! X

lanugowife said:
PS feeding at 17 months?! Amazing! I really hope I can continue that long. Hubby thinks it looks a bit weird already as little man is so long even though he's only 4 months, but I've told him I would like to try up to 2 years if poss as it's so good for baby. He's fine with this though, despite thinking it looks a bit odd as the research is all there to back it up. MIL on the otherhand is disgusted by breastfeeding full stop & trying to get me to wean, give formula etc already as she can't cope with me feeding DS!! I can't cope with her!! X

Ooo am angry for you in regards to your MIL how dare she decide for you just ignore her I find most people that comment in that way are just jealous lol. I only feed Evelyn first thing and at night and not in public but by choice NOT because I'm worried what people think etc. I BF my 1st daughter till she was 5 months and my 2nd 7 months and they weaned themselves.

A x

MissSlinky2011 said:
Do you get extra healthy B's when your breadtfeeding? The sw leaflet only says you get extra A's but no extra B's ?

X x

Oopps I thought it was 1 extra of each will just have an extra a then lol x

ILoveCake said:
Hey hun. Great to see you in here.
This lovely lady was my bump buddy and now my good friend!

4lb gone this week girls yay and a new shiny! Hope you are all well. x

typos lol.

I finally found the right group lol ;) x

jojogonnabeslim said:
hi busymum and welcome. well done on still bf'ing 17mth on!! i think after 6mth n weaning u can only have 1 extra hex so on extra easy plan thats 1 B and 2 A choices as they recommend using the extra as an A choice.

I express whilst im feeding.....bit of a juggle though lol could do with uping it to twice maybe 3 times a day

well i was hoping to start parent and baby swim this wk but the pool 2 mins from my house has stopped doing it due to lack of numbers! Perhaps if they advertised it people might know it existed! grrrr

Oops got confused lol so will just have an extra a which is good as will eat more cheese I love cheese lol x

Bunny it's definitely not just you! There's alot of emotion in bfing. .... I think Joe thinks i just sit and feed too, but it is physically exhausting at times! Not so much now she's older but when she was younger very, very much so. Im very lucky.. Joe wants me to continue feeding aslong as possible/ we want to. I worry about bfing in public as Penny gets bigger because so far, i've not had any negativity and i'd be so upset if i ever did :( Ive never worried about feeding in public before though. Penny seems huge to me now but seeing her next to my friends 8 month old boy yday i couldn't believe how dinky and petite my girl is haha.

Now she's crawling she seems so big, i had flashbacks of changing her bum under a lamp in the ward the night i had her, how small she was and so fragile.. her old movements were sucking her fingers and blinking at me!

busymummy2012 said:
Oopps I thought it was 1 extra of each will just have an extra a then lol x

It is 1 extra of each when your pregnant but when your breastfeeding its just A's, 5 for the first month 4 until 3 months then 3 until your start weaning then once completely weaned back to normal. My leaflets the new 2012 one.

It doesn't mention having an extra B anywhere during breastfeeding

X x x

MissSlinky2011 said:
It is 1 extra of each when your pregnant but when your breastfeeding its just A's, 5 for the first month 4 until 3 months then 3 until your start weaning then once completely weaned back to normal. My leaflets the new 2012 one.

It doesn't mention having an extra B anywhere during breastfeeding

X x x

Think I was being hopeful damn it lol ;) probably a good thing though thanks for replying x

busymummy2012 said:
Think I was being hopeful damn it lol ;) probably a good thing though thanks for replying x

Lol 3 of each would be nice but if you had have asked your midwife 25 years ago they would have told you to have a mars bar and a pint of Guinness lol - that's what my mam was told to do Haha.

X x x

Geobar said:
My c gave me a little book. But basically it is as follows:-
If baby is up to 2months= 3 extra hexa/b (preferably 1or2 to be hexa, same for all ages)
2-3months=4
4-6months (if starting to wean)=3
4-6months (if exclusively bfing)=4
Over 6months when weaning=1
Hope this helps

Busymum this is what the booklet says

Booby feeding today is amazing!! Im still suffrring with fever but we just had 2 brilliant feeds :) one mega overjoyed momma!! The 24 hours after he had it cut was tough!! He wouldnt feed n just kept crying but its like he is used to it now!! :)

Went to la leche breastfeeding support meeting it was great most there had little ones who had tongue ties.

my new weightloss journey!! start:: 13s 12lb current:: 13s 12lb.... 54lbs to go!!

Back