Breastfeeding and Slimming World

Hi ladies

Hope u don't mind me crashing I've rejoined sw tonight, lil man is 5 weeks tomoro, I didn't get my pin so waiting to b texted it so can ne1 tell me where I am with healthy extras while bf, I'll b doin ee?

Was well pleased I'm 6lbs lighter than pre preg weight! x

Geobar said:
My c gave me a little book. But basically it is as follows:-
If baby is up to 2months= 3 extra hexa/b (preferably 1or2 to be hexa, same for all ages)
2-3months=4
4-6months (if starting to wean)=3
4-6months (if exclusively bfing)=4
Over 6months when weaning=1
Hope this helps

This is the info you need

mrss2010 said:
Thanks so much, are u ladies finding u still lose weight with having the extras? x

Tbh I started when my lil one was 8 months so could only have 1 hex. Very rarely do I have it. I can't get it into my head that it's ok to have it!
I know there are a few others on here who started when their babies were a lot younger and they had the extra hex and still lost weight.
Have them and them you could always decrease if needed but I'm sure you won't need to

Geobar said:
Tbh I started when my lil one was 8 months so could only have 1 hex. Very rarely do I have it. I can't get it into my head that it's ok to have it!
I know there are a few others on here who started when their babies were a lot younger and they had the extra hex and still lost weight.
Have them and them you could always decrease if needed but I'm sure you won't need to

Thanks I think I will have maybe 2 of each on ee day n see how I go, don't want to damage my supply by not having them! X

mrss2010 said:
Thanks I think I will have maybe 2 of each on ee day n see how I go, don't want to damage my supply by not having them! X

Good idea baby comes first! How are you finding bfing?

hi mrs2010 hope u n baba are well

ive been having all my extra hex's and full syn allowance n been loosing most wks, only time i've not is when i went on hols n didnt follow sw n also when my period came back!
well done being lighter than prepreg x

Geobar said:
Good idea baby comes first! How are you finding bfing?

Finding it ok ish lol we had trouble at the start with his latch so were using nipple shields but now we aren't using them, I wudve thought 5 weeks in the old nipples wud have toughened up but it still hurts for first minute or 2? Oh well!! Lol

jojogonnabeslim said:
hi mrs2010 hope u n baba are well

ive been having all my extra hex's and full syn allowance n been loosing most wks, only time i've not is when i went on hols n didnt follow sw n also when my period came back!
well done being lighter than prepreg x

Good to no jojo! We r doing well, it's a huge learning curve isn't it!

Oh n how long did it take for period to return?

mrss2010 said:
Finding it ok ish lol we had trouble at the start with his latch so were using nipple shields but now we aren't using them, I wudve thought 5 weeks in the old nipples wud have toughened up but it still hurts for first minute or 2? Oh well!! Lol

Ah I hope it's pain free very soon

Penny is now finally taking bottles and is no longer booby fed during hours of 8-7... :-( very sad but needs must, start work in 3 weeks :( x

Yay to penny taking bottles, well done!

mrs 2010 took 3 mth for my periods to come back :-( had no period pain though yay! had the coil fitted so dunno when my next onr will be?
aww well done Penny for taking a bottle.......boo to going back to work. im back 1 st May be interesting to see how work cope with me expressing since i'll be the first!
thinking of trying Dan on baby porridge wheh he's 4 mth he seems to be showing some signs ready for weaning and we have a mth to get cracking before back to work.

Hi ladies sorry i havent been on much its been all go. Since i had what i thought was mastitis well lump went anf temp stayed up all werl. Saw doc was told virus. Then last tuesday took tj for first jabs n another doc was worried of my cough turns out was chest infection. Finished weeks course of amoxacilin and come out tuesday head to toe in a burning red itchy red rash turns out im allergic to penecillin! So now cux im breastfeeding he wont give me antihistamines im on sterploids n very slowlybthe rash is goin. Plus my cold n chest are no better!

Breastfeeding still going well weight loss isnt..gain gain gain :(

Mrs201 it shouldnt hurt hun. Does ur nipple come out a funny shape?

my new weightloss journey!! start:: 13s 12lb current:: 13s 12lb.... 54lbs to go!!

hey leeanne sorry to hear ur unwell hun hope ur better soon x
well had little man weighed yesterday.....at 16 wk hes 12lb....he's dropped from 25th sentile to the 2nd :-(........i got a bit upset when hv said he may need to be seen by doc if his weight continues to drop! But then she said if hes happy n himself not to worry!!! He has put weight on just not alot! Just glad she didnt mention going onto formula! not thats theres anything wrong with formula im just a booby milk mummy.It won't be long before hes weaning then he'll put on the lbs lol

Awwe jojo :( tj weighed 12lb 4oz wednesday at 9 weeks... Scares me on weigh ins for him its the fear of what if he hasnt gained! But least ur little man is ok x

my new weightloss journey!! start:: 13s 12lb current:: 13s 12lb.... 54lbs to go!!

blimey! thing is hes not skinny or boney or petite lol just long! someone mentioned giving him rusks lol......no chance they're full of sugar, shocking when u think how long they've been around! Same with the jarred foods.Mind you you could go mad listening to all the advice u get given!!! lol

Good evening ladies,

I have been dipping in and out on the thread getting ready for "Charliebumps" arrival on the 19th April-ish, only today I have found out that he is coming early -next Thursday to be exact -and I was wondering if anyone on here has had a General anesthetic with their C-section? and if so have they had any problem with establishing breast feeding? I know I won't be awake for the initial skin to skin (he is going up daddies top until Im half with it ;))... and I appretiate he may be a little dopey to start with but I just thought I would get prepared and see if anyone has any experience :D.
Ether way Im sure I will be on here once Im out of hospital asking lots of questions....
thanks in advance ladies...

CAPRICORN said:
Good evening ladies,

I have been dipping in and out on the thread getting ready for "Charliebumps" arrival on the 19th April-ish, only today I have found out that he is coming early -next Thursday to be exact -and I was wondering if anyone on here has had a General anesthetic with their C-section? and if so have they had any problem with establishing breast feeding? I know I won't be awake for the initial skin to skin (he is going up daddies top until Im half with it ;))... and I appretiate he may be a little dopey to start with but I just thought I would get prepared and see if anyone has any experience :D.
Ether way Im sure I will be on here once Im out of hospital asking lots of questions....
thanks in advance ladies...

I didn't have a c section so I'm unable to offer any information. I would just say sick with it as it may start out slowly but you'll get there.
Good luck with your birth x

Back