Breastfeeding and Slimming World

I can believe it i was a wreck to be fair it wasnt full on crying cos that i wouldnt have been able to do! Got a poorly baba today snotty eyes n nose a bit of temp though hot weather cant be helping it felt wrong putting him to bed in just a romper suit no vest or bag! Just had a laugh at my freezer there more of Dans food than mine lol either breast milk or icecubed of frozen fruit n veg....im so proud lol

wow that is organised, charles just eats mainly what we have each night. I am too tired to be organised. I put Charles hardly any clothing it is baking and all day at home he is just in his nappy crusing around the palce and wanting to walk all the time!
Aw, that will influence his sleep, when charles has a cold he wakes up severals times but also he was having a growth spurd and his teeth coming through!

Lol when I had a freezer full of food Bella decided she didn't like any of my food anymore and I had to chuck it all and move onto jars!
Luckily she's tarting to eat mine again now, she's enjoying a batch of spinach, sweet potato and pea at the mo, but she prefers finger food by far (especially if it's off my plate) but she hasn't quite grasped how to eat it properly yet and gags frequently

aw, bless her, charles loves his food and is really interested mainly in anything that someone else has. But we started of mainly with finger food and some lumpy food so maybe just used to that! He had lamb mince spicy stuff daddy made with carrots and brochali tonight and loved it muchly

jojogonnabeslim said:
Hi How many healthy extras u having? R u still exclusively bf'ing? Could be u not eating or drinking enough?

I'm having 3 of each, I'm ebf and he is still up for feeds through the night, changing having bread to weetabix incase that's the cause!

Unless ur bread is not a heb then it shouldnt be but no harm having something different. Problem with bf is weight can fluctuate due to full boobs especially if baby is having a growth spurt. Check ur inch loss as well as weight!

Laughing at Bella stealing from ur plate its enough having a cat doing it lol my hubs goes mad when i give her titbits
Had a bit of a fright before Dan still not well then now has a rash....rushed to docs says its a viral or heat rash!? Makes sense with weather its boiling, its funny just having him in a nappy bless

Aw, poor danny boy, hope he gets better soon x The heat is terrible, best thing I have brought Charles is Simples 50 factor sun cream!!!

Hi ladies, wondered if anyone could help me out with some advice on their experience of following SW when weaning baby. I started SW in August last year and since then have lost 3 and a half stone. I've found it really easy tbh - just follow the plan and the weight comes off.
My LO is now 12 and a half months and has taken it upon himself to wean. Since then, I've really struggled at weigh ins and had a number of otherwise inexplicable gains over the last few weeks, anything from half a pound to 2lb. Am really concerned that - even though I'm 100% on plan, have gone right back to basics and am weighing and measuring my healthy extras and syns, the weight is going to creep back on now he's stopped feeding from me. I'm completely disheartened after another 2lb gain tonight and my consultant hasn't got any ideas. Has anyone here experienced anything similar? And did things begin to settle down for you after a while? I've read lots about your body reserving fat stores whilst you're feeding that can give you a good old boost to your weight loss when you stop, but don't know of anyone that's had the opposite experience. Any words of wisdom will be gratefully received!

Oh no im not there yet but sounds like its to do with the weaning off bf'ing i havent a clue how the whole process works tbh maybe your body is holding onto some fluid? Suppose your body is having to change back to pre baby and can possibly take a few wks hence the sudden change in your weight patterns. Ive found it easy to do sw too whilst bf'ing averaging a lb a wk . Wish i could bf forever lol!!!Just a thought have your periods come back yet? Did he self wean?

Good Morning all -hope everyone is well!!!!

We have rain this morning :bliss:it has been far too hot...

Well Charlie had his first Jabs on Friday -luckily I gave him a small dose of calpol before I went-so when we got back he slept solid for about 4 hrs and we thought we had got away with it but NOOOOOOOO he woke up screaming blue murder and sounded in such pain -a scream we haven't heard before, it took about 1.5hrs for him to calm down with lots of love n tuddles his milk ice cold from the fridge to cool him etc and then he was just a little fretful for the rest of the day... Luckily he was back to his ole self by bed time :D. It was odd as even though he was so upset he had no temperature, bump under the injection site or reddening of the skin. Still I guess we know what to expect at his next lot in 4 weeks :(

Other than that he is cracking on -and he is trying to crawl :eek: -he is only 9 weeks today but when he lies on his belly his arms n legs go like the clappers :giggle: -he has the movements right but he is on the floor (although the other day he was up on his knees and was on his forearms too :eek: -he rocked a few times then shuffled down again) -he pushes himself along and it takes such effort but if you try and pick him up to stop him he goes nuts. So he lies on his mat grunting and growling pushing n pulling -at mums the other day he shoved himself around by 90degrees and along about 8" before deciding he was pooped :giggle:. Gawd help us once he gets going :innocent0001:

oooh on SW front I lost another 5lbs this week -so got slimmer of the week + month :D -thats 1st 2.5lbs in 4 weeks and I have to agree that it seems even easier to shed the weight whilst BF-ing/expressing. I think for me its because Im so aware that what I eat, Charlie will technically get some too so Im making really good choices. The only thing I find is that I can't get through all the extra Hex's all the time -but Im not bothered as long as I know Im eating plenty and eating well. If I turn the 4 extra ones in to A's its easier as I can get through semi milk no problem or have a bit of cheddar/parmesan -but I don't often need the extra B's. Still I shouldn't complain - Im sure I will miss them when Charlie starts to wean :p. Im hoping on being at target in time for Charlies 1st Birthday - Im in no hurry and that seems like a sensible target.
On the subject of weaning I received the annabel carmel weaning book yesterday ready for when his lordship is ready to eat -it looks rather good -quite a bit is obvious foods but I was more interested in quantities etc, but some of the meals for feeding when they are 9+months look really nice.....
I am still chopping n changing how charlie feeds according to his mood and what we have planned to do each day -so if we are at home he goes on the badooby -always the left one -he isn't fussed with the right one :confused: and then I express the rest into the fridge.... then most of the time hubby uses the expressed milk to give him his night feeds so I can sleep better -which means I produce more milk to express first thing (ready for the following night of for if we go out) .... my milk seems to have stepped up a gear too -so I would say I get an average of 300ml first thing, then about 100-150ml at 12pm, 5pm, 10pm so about 600ml+ plus what ever charlie is taking at feeds. Im quite impressed that Im managing to keep up as he is a hungry boy and if all else fails and he doesn't know what he wants then the usual answer seems to be "I want to attatch to mums badooby whilst I sleep so I can eat when I feel like it":p

Right I had better get off and get organised... have a lovely day everyone and keep at it....

Hi everyone Im EBF my 10 wk old bouncing baby boy and my leader never gave me a leaflet or anything with what Im supposed to follow, soooooooo have only been doing it like a ''normal'' person but have seen ppl talking about extra HE how many should I be having? My weight is coming off even with the 1 of each and very rarely any syns so atm im ok its just when/if it stops I want to be prepared lol. TIA

Hi there angelicbex...

If your baby is on all breast milk then now you can have 4 extra hex's so on EE you get 6 total and on red/green days you get 8:happy036:. I think that out of the extra 4 they suggest that 2 or 3 are hexA's so you are getting plenty of calcium. Im doing a mixture of breast and expressing and I still struggle to use all my extras, although I find the extra A's easier-But I use some syns too and so far the weight is coming off really well -so don't cut yourself back too far...
I hope you and your little one are doing well -my little one is 9 weeks today and is a little oinky pants :p

oooh and here is a pic of said oinky pants taken today as he tried to crawl again lol
553410_471800532847005_100000511879713_1844893_756179222_n.jpg

Thanks sweetie!!! Ive not cut back I just find it hard to fit everything to eat in hahaha and as my other half is doing it with me its easier to do stuff for us both to eat and since he cant have extra HE Ive not been using. I express a few times but mainly just BF. Someone told me that the amount changes as their ages alter but will cross that bridge another time :)

Wow capricorn he looks alot older than 9 wk lol whats his weight? Very cute pic! Your doing really well with bf n expressing. I have loads in freezer ready for me going back to work but on the odd occassion ive left him he will not take from a bottle which is odd cos he had no problem a few mth ago! Still no word from work re risk assessment so far ive had an extra mth off at full pay pmsl hey well its their fault!

I dont seem to have struggled to have my h e n syns lol bit too use to having a 30g block of cheese at night though! As from monday i just get 1 extra as he'll be 6 mth think ill be doing some red n green days
Make sure you have what they tell you n enjoy eating loads it doesnt last lol

Hi Ladies, how's everyone getting on this wk its been very quiet on here!

My lil Hollie is 9 wks old, the last couple wks has just flown by, she had her first lot of injections and is weighing 10lb now!

Ive started a food diary in calorie ccounting section as at moment I was going over on too many syns, so im going try and eat sw meals but counting them as calories so I can still have treats if that makes sense, what is everyone else doing at the moment? xx

Last edited:
Hiya good luck with the cal counting hope it works better for you. Do you find it hard to find time to eat? Lol i did im a bit of a control freak in the kitchen so wouldnt let hubby cook.....mental i know!
Well im still not back in work, ive had just over a month off on special leave whilst waiting for a risk assessment, work are an absolute joke but then im not complaining getting this extra time off with my son.....massive bonus! Im hoping this Mon ill finally get my 5 st award but then ive got a wedding on Sat and even though im not drinking ill subsitute with food pmsl!
Really chuffed im still breastfeeding im also proud that im cooking all his meals from scratch.....hes a lucky boy!
Hope everyone and their babas are ok xx

Last edited:
Hi everyone, hope you don't mind me joining you on this thread.
My little boy Finlay is 5 weeks old and up until yesterday I was expressing. Had a bit of a traumatic labour, Finlay was back to back (had failed forceps and then a c section) he wouldn't latch on but it has been getting really hard to keep up with expressing. So with lots of determination and patience I've managed to get him back to breast.
I'm hoping to join sw again thurs this week, got about 6 stone to lose (gained 3 stone from pregnancy and 3 stone pre-pregnancy weight).
Hoping to get to know you all and get lots of support, and give some too x

Back