Breastfeeding and Slimming World

need to have,enough by tomoz night though so panicing now. also find it hard to pump,whilst,feeding baby as,cant hold pump,aswell

Try pumping lots in the morning. Your body produces the milk making hormone at night, so in the evening time you tend to produce less milk, however first thing in the morning is when your milk production is highest.

beccaharrison89 said:
i wouldnt know does this stop them from getting enough? she has been feeding norm today,as in feeding then goin few hours but since 7 she wnt go down,she still feeding constant nw and is wide,awake.it getting me stressed as so tired

Mayb it was just coincidence but Charlie wud always cluster feed in the evenings if I pumped through out the day. I took it to mean my supply wasn't yet big enough to keep up with him and express so I stopped expressing! It's not the end of the world if u send whatever u have and maybe one or two cartons of ready made formula to ur mums with her as a back up? Also u may need to get up through the night to express as ur boobs may feel engorged xx

Ketesh said:
Hi, I'm new too... Just started SW last week. I have a beautiful 4 month old baby girl too. I'm finding it hard to cook all these gorgeous meals while dealing with a toddlers, an autistic teen, a husband who works all the hours on earth and a baby who thinks mummy's boobies are her new best friend. I did manage spaghetti bolognase this evening...think we might be eating a lot of that.

Hi ketesh!

Bolognese, chilli and stir fry r my easy meals!!! Welcome!!!'

its getting silly now,still,feeding amelia,from 7, she just wont settle,as soon as try to pt he dwn she cries to be fed.
me sed,the other day she will be feeding like this coz she avin growth spurt but ive,read up tha lasts for two to three days but she has been like this for 5 days niw.great through day bt feom teatime onwards right through wants constant feeding

fed amelia constantly from 7-12.45 last night then i got two,hours sleep til se woke at 3,then fed her till 4,she went down for,twenty mins n woke again fed til 5.put her,down n now she woke again so i now up with her downstairs.ive had no more than 2 n half hours sleep,all night and feel drained of energy

beccaharrison89 said:
fed amelia constantly from 7-12.45 last night then i got two,hours sleep til se woke at 3,then fed her till 4,she went down for,twenty mins n woke again fed til 5.put her,down n now she woke again so i now up with her downstairs.ive had no more than 2 n half hours sleep,all night and feel drained of energy

Does she have a dummy? At four days old I had a 24 hour period where jack would feed for half an hour, stop for 15 minutes and them be back on the boob for half an hour for the whole of the 24 hours. I'd always said I didn't want my baby to have a dummy but after those 24 hours I gave in and gave him the one from the starter kit I'd been given. It made him sleep for two and a half hours, which was heaven!! He hadn't been eating all the time he was on me, he was comfort sucking, and so the dummy stopped that. If you're positive it's no longer a growth spurt (which can last different amounts of time for different babies, each one is different and suck a lot to 'put in their order' for more milk to be made) then maybe try her with a dummy, it will give you some relief.

As for the pumping hindering your supply, as long as you're not pumping a breast less than an hour before feeding, it shouldn't affect it as your breasts constantly produce milk, though you will naturally get more in a morning because of the extra hormones made overnight. If you have an electric pump you may need to try it on a different setting, make sure you have it pressed tight against you for good suction and it will help it you massage your breast and lean forward while you pump as this will encourage the milk to let down. Hope that helps hun and that you get some sleep soon xx

sammyb1985 said:
Does she have a dummy? At four days old I had a 24 hour period where jack would feed for half an hour, stop for 15 minutes and them be back on the boob for half an hour for the whole of the 24 hours. I'd always said I didn't want my baby to have a dummy but after those 24 hours I gave in and gave him the one from the starter kit I'd been given. It made him sleep for two and a half hours, which was heaven!! He hadn't been eating all the time he was on me, he was comfort sucking, and so the dummy stopped that. If you're positive it's no longer a growth spurt (which can last different amounts of time for different babies, each one is different and suck a lot to 'put in their order' for more milk to be made) then maybe try her with a dummy, it will give you some relief.

As for the pumping hindering your supply, as long as you're not pumping a breast less than an hour before feeding, it shouldn't affect it as your breasts constantly produce milk, though you will naturally get more in a morning because of the extra hormones made overnight. If you have an electric pump you may need to try it on a different setting, make sure you have it pressed tight against you for good suction and it will help it you massage your breast and lean forward while you pump as this will encourage the milk to let down. Hope that helps hun and that you get some sleep soon xx

tried her with a dummy n she doesnt like it,spits it out n cries.
it has been less than an hour a lot of the tine as she feeding so much. will this affect her feeding ?

beccaharrison89 said:
tried her with a dummy n she doesnt like it,spits it out n cries.
it has been less than an hour a lot of the tine as she feeding so much. will this affect her feeding ?

If you have somehow pumped the milk she needed and left her short then it will only be for a day at most and then the extra milk will come in. From what you've described it really does seem to me that it's a growth spurt and she's just letting your body know that it needs to produce more. If you're still worried then maybe you can contact a lactation consultant to advise you, but I promise she won't be going without and your milk production will be increasing if you keep it up xx

ive expressed,24oz in two days.mums having her overnight,and as much as i am sooo tired im dreading leaving her.
she has been so unsettled all day today,so from 7 last night she has hardly slept at all,she is so tired but is fighting it

beccaharrison89 said:
ive expressed,24oz in two days.mums having her overnight,and as much as i am sooo tired im dreading leaving her.
she has been so unsettled all day today,so from 7 last night she has hardly slept at all,she is so tired but is fighting it

Well hopefully she will sleep well tonight then and the 24oz will be enough :) enjoy your rest hun! It will be hard leaving her but you will feel so much better for it tomorrow. Xx

I don't believe it is possible for me to be loosing weight. Weigh in tomorrow eve. But I'm always hungry... I've spent weeks before SW eating as little as possible and didn't loose a pound. Now I have full reign to pig out on free foods? Don't believe it... especially the whole pasta thing. As I'm recording everything on the internet (because in a house with a 4yo I can never find a ruddy pen), I'm recording all my extra healthy extras as syns, and bar day1 I've never exceeded 15 syns. If I've gained... I'll cry and probably resort to eating an entire pack of biscuits (my personal diet nemisis) which I haven't touched... not one... in 7 days. The only thing I've eaten that was wrong was 1 piece of popcorn chicken to check it was cooked before serving them to my kids who can demolish 2 boxes in one sitting.

beccaharrison89 said:
i know just hopin she gt enuf milk. my mum has got a tub of aptimil to be safe.but she just going to drop her off ,esrly tmz,too

How did it go? U enjoy ur sleep? xx

it went great, mum brought her back at 11 dis mrn and she stil had bottle over. she went 3-4 hours through night for my mum but she never goes longer than 2 hours for me.
found it really hard to get to sleep but wen i,l went asleep i was well,away

Hi ladies hope its ok to join, had my little girl yesterday and am trying to breastfeed as long as possible, just hard at the moment as having severe cramps when I do xx

Hi ladies hope its ok to join, had my little girl yesterday and am trying to breastfeed as long as possible, just hard at the moment as having severe cramps when I do xx

congratulations hunny! the cramps will stop soon and it will be easier :eek:) xx

Well I had my 2nd WI today annnnndddd...............

5.5lbs lost!!! So that's a total of 10.5lbs lost in 2 weeks! I also got my half stone award and slimmer of the week! :) soooo happy! xx

Back