Breastfeeding and Slimming World

What is going on with me....lost 1/2 lb I'm gutted I can't seem to lose much any more :-(

half a pound is still half a pound in the right direction hunny, you've lost so much already, keep the end in sight, you can do it!! All that hard work is paying off and you will probably have a bigger week next week, keep up the good work hunny xx

sammyb1985 said:
half a pound is still half a pound in the right direction hunny, you've lost so much already, keep the end in sight, you can do it!! All that hard work is paying off and you will probably have a bigger week next week, keep up the good work hunny xx

Thanks, I no I've still lost 39lbs but this 3 stone award just seems so out of reach! I'm going to try just one week with one hea and heb, if I really feel the need I'll have 2 hea, see if this helps! Frustrating beyond words! I've started weaning Charlie now, only small amount do don't mind dropping all the extra healthy extras! Arrghhhh wish me luck!!! Xx

Thanks, I no I've still lost 39lbs but this 3 stone award just seems so out of reach! I'm going to try just one week with one hea and heb, if I really feel the need I'll have 2 hea, see if this helps! Frustrating beyond words! I've started weaning Charlie now, only small amount do don't mind dropping all the extra healthy extras! Arrghhhh wish me luck!!! Xx

how many HE's have you been having a day? Once you start weaning you're meant to reduce the number of additional HE's you have anyway. Drop your syns first though, as the HE's are better for you and for your milk production. Good luck hun xx

sammyb1985 said:
how many HE's have you been having a day? Once you start weaning you're meant to reduce the number of additional HE's you have anyway. Drop your syns first though, as the HE's are better for you and for your milk production. Good luck hun xx

I've reduced them to 5 (3a and 2b) like the book says...just having a poor me moment! Lol

I've reduced them to 5 (3a and 2b) like the book says...just having a poor me moment! Lol

lol don't worry, we all have them days. When my weight loss slows down my plan is to hold off the syns for a while, as i'm having my full 15 a day most days at the moment xx

Cas3 said:
Sammy thats a brilliant weightloss for 2 wks :) have you got a food diary? well done mrss2010 1/2 lb is still a loss! you've done fantastic since having Charlie! xx

Thanks hunny! I haven't got a food diary, but I'm thinking of starting one to keep track of what I eat, as I know that's the main thing helping me and want to continue it past the first 4 weeks. I will start one tomorrow and try to post a link in my signature (if I can work out how!) :) xx

feeling more positive today about bf, have been bf for four weeks,now,and last few days been gettin down over it thinkin i was doin somethin rong as my baby girl was feeding constant and nt sleeping much inbetween and wasnt very settled.
i spoke to bf support,yday and the lady reasured me this is all norm and she doing great,she sed amelia wont fully establish bf til 6-8 weeks and you just,have to go with her,jus finding it hard with hardly no sleep and wnting to gt out n about.

how old r ur babies n do u exclusive bf through night n how,long do they sleep inbetween feed??

beccaharrison89 said:
feeling more positive today about bf, have been bf for four weeks,now,and last few days been gettin down over it thinkin i was doin somethin rong as my baby girl was feeding constant and nt sleeping much inbetween and wasnt very settled.
i spoke to bf support,yday and the lady reasured me this is all norm and she doing great,she sed amelia wont fully establish bf til 6-8 weeks and you just,have to go with her,jus finding it hard with hardly no sleep and wnting to gt out n about.

how old r ur babies n do u exclusive bf through night n how,long do they sleep inbetween feed??

Glad you're feeling better about it hun. Jack is 11 weeks old tomorrow and I exclusively breastfeed. I feed him through the nights except for two nights a week when my partner does with expressed breastmilk to give me a bit of an extra rest. Jack usually gets up twice for feeding, during the night, so last night I put him to bed at 8pm, he slept until 12 then I fed him put him back down and he slept until 5:15am then I fed him, put him back down and he slept until 8:50am and I'm now feeding him again. He does have the odd night where he wakes up more, but on the whole it's not too bad, he doesn't really sleep much during the day though, maybe an hour all together with the little five and ten minute naps he has. You will get more sleep soon hun, even if it doesn't feel like it right now :) xx

sammyb1985 said:
Glad you're feeling better about it hun. Jack is 11 weeks old tomorrow and I exclusively breastfeed. I feed him through the nights except for two nights a week when my partner does with expressed breastmilk to give me a bit of an extra rest. Jack usually gets up twice for feeding, during the night, so last night I put him to bed at 8pm, he slept until 12 then I fed him put him back down and he slept until 5:15am then I fed him, put him back down and he slept until 8:50am and I'm now feeding him again. He does have the odd night where he wakes up more, but on .the whole it's not too bad, he doesn't really sleep much during the day though, maybe an hour all together with the little five and ten minute naps he has. You will get more sleep soon hun, even if it doesn't feel like it right now :) xx

ye feelin a lot better.two through the night gud hun isnt it,he doing well. do u remember about when it started getting easier?as in jack sleeping through better in night? x

beccaharrison89 said:
ye feelin a lot better.two through the night gud hun isnt it,he doing well. do u remember about when it started getting easier?as in jack sleeping through better in night? x

When he was 4/5 weeks old I got told a tip to make him sleep longer than 2 hours at a time. He used to fall asleep when I was feeding him so I'd put him to bed and he'd wake up another 2 hours later, so I was told to unlatch him
When he fell asleep and change his nappy to wake him up and then put him back on the breast. This ensured he got full instead of just having a snack and he started to sleep about 3 hours between feeds. He then started to drop the 2am feed around 7/8 weeks old and now only wakes twice most nights, though he does have the odd night that he wakes more. Xx

i gna start trying that hun coz the bf lady i spoke to yday also sed the same coz after 10mins sumtimes thru the nyt she nods off n it hard to keep her awake to keep feeding,so i end up putting her down ti sleep n she wake
with u saying jack is awake a lot in day when u go out do u bf or tke expressed,bottkes?
sorry for all the questions

beccaharrison89 said:
i gna start trying that hun coz the bf lady i spoke to yday also sed the same coz after 10mins sumtimes thru the nyt she nods off n it hard to keep her awake to keep feeding,so i end up putting her down ti sleep n she wake
with u saying jack is awake a lot in day when u go out do u bf or tke expressed,bottkes?
sorry for all the questions

It's ok hun, I'm happy to help. I have taken expresses bottles out with us when we go anywhere up until last week when I used the mothercare baby feeding room for the first time. That was when he was still eating every 2 and a half hour or so throughout the day, I may not need to take bottles now though as this week he has also started going longer between his daytime feeds and is getting to four and a half hours between feeds and then I'm feeding him before he even let's me know he wants feeding. He's happy to just play on his mat or sit in his chair cooing at me lol :) I will probably always take a bottle with me just in case, but the last few times I haven't needed it xx

its been the first time today that amelia has woke up,been fed and slept for three hours afterwards in the morn then when she woke to bed fed again ,i fed her,put her in swing and she,was jus happy in it lyin awake.
normally from wen we gt up im constant feeding her n she never norm awake in day without feeding wereas she seems more settled today.
i just hoping its the start of her getting better and not just a one off,hehe
today is so different compared to yday i fed her,constant from 7am-3pm

its been the first time today that amelia has woke up,been fed and slept for three hours afterwards in the morn then when she woke to bed fed again ,i fed her,put her in swing and she,was jus happy in it lyin awake.
normally from wen we gt up im constant feeding her n she never norm awake in day without feeding wereas she seems more settled today.
i just hoping its the start of her getting better and not just a one off,hehe
today is so different compared to yday i fed her,constant from 7am-3pm

she will start staying awake for longer periods in the day now as she gets older, and so will hopefully sleep longer for you at night :) xx

Can u girlies look at my food diary.....

10 July 2012 - extra easy

Milk for coffee (hea 1)

Breakfast
2 egg omelette with mushroom, peppers, onions, ham and 30g cheddar (hea 2)
1/4 melon

Lunch
Turkey
Ham
Carrots
Mash potato (2.5 syns)
Gravy (2.5 syns)

Snacks
Melon

Dinner
Beef madras (4 syns) with tomatoes, onions, mushrooms and peppers
Boiled rice
100g lidl steakcut oven chips (2.5 syns)

Supper: hifi bar (heb)

Total syns used: 11.5

mrss2010 said:
Can u girlies look at my food diary.....

10 July 2012 - extra easy

Milk for coffee (hea 1)

Breakfast
2 egg omelette with mushroom, peppers, onions, ham and 30g cheddar (hea 2)
1/4 melon

Lunch
Turkey
Ham
Carrots
Mash potato (2.5 syns)
Gravy (2.5 syns)

Snacks
Melon

Dinner
Beef madras (4 syns) with tomatoes, onions, mushrooms and peppers
Boiled rice
100g lidl steakcut oven chips (2.5 syns)

Supper: hifi bar (heb)

Total syns used: 11.5

Are you still breast feeding hunny? If so do you know that you can have extra HEA and HEB's because you are? I can see you've had two HEA's but only one HEB that's all so just wanted to double check. Other than that your diary looks fine to me, but I have to admit I'm not the best on extra easy, I'm losing my weight doing mostly green days.

Why did you want us to look at it hunny? Xx

after feeling so positive amelia has been so unsettled. shes been great all day. came home from mums after having tea there started feeding at 9.50 and aint really stopped much since, i made sure she had gd hour feed ti settle n wen went to put her down she wudnt stop cryin and she bin the same since.
im wondering is it cz she has been settled inbetween each feed today and shes,been great today so was feeling gd bt stressed,again,nw cz so tired

beccaharrison89 said:
after feeling so positive amelia has been so unsettled. shes been great all day. came home from mums after having tea there started feeding at 9.50 and aint really stopped much since, i made sure she had gd hour feed ti settle n wen went to put her down she wudnt stop cryin and she bin the same since.
im wondering is it cz she has been settled inbetween each feed today and shes,been great today so was feeling gd bt stressed,again,nw cz so tired

Could she have wind hunny? Jack could get like that for a while, it helps to rub their tummy in a clockwise circular motion or to move their legs up and down in a cycling motion to try to get the trapped wind out. How old is she again? You could try some gripe water if she's old enough or some infacol or dentinox colic drops. Xx

Back