Breastfeeding and Slimming World

jennas55 said:
Hi I'm new but wondering if I can join in! I did sw before having my daughter and list a stone doing EE. My lo is now 7 months old and I finally went back to group!! I wasn't ready before and now I feel I am but already finding it hard!! So much harder with a lo but when I got on the scales I was 2 stones heavier than I was so know its the right time!! My worry is eating out as we seem to go out a lot with mummy friends and our ficus is generally the cake!! Worried I won't be able to eat out and this will take a lot of getting used too!
Any tips gratefully received!

This is my concern too, before I had my first I never drunk coffee lol I think it will work if u plan ur meals and go for syn free meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. If ur going for coffee don't use ur HEA for breakfast (i norm do with cereal) as it can be used in a skinny latte.

Take a couple of hifi bars as an alternative to cake (sometimes). HAVE SW cooked brnakfAst sometimes to save ok ur Hea and heB.

Lunches out depending on where u go can include salads, roast dinner (had one at garden centre this week which is v child friendly) or jacket potato (beans is obvious the best choice). Consider having a green day for the extra healthy extras esp if lunch will be jacket potato and beans.

If u can do the food with syn free options, then allow urself a small cake for ur 15 syns. Don't have to each time, maybe sometimes 2 hifi bars, sometimes a cake. Good luck :)

Last edited:
And if ur starting to wean that can be hard work, so invite friends to lunch instead so u can do.something for the little ones and something for the adults. I found lunches at friends were the hardest as they would.be nice bread, cheese, cakes etc to pick from.

It is a right pain in the bum taking babies away on hols, last week my Charles was all over the place and kept waking up about5 times when we were in Scotland. Only slowly are we getting him back into the rountine, never knew it would be such hard work. It is also annoying when you get your baby into a sleep pattern and then bang they start teething or this God dame sticky whether sleeping goes out of the window. Stick with it, it will get easier :D

[h=6]Jack had his 12 week weigh in today and he's 12lbs 3oz!! :eek:) My little chunky monkey :eek:) She says his weight gain is perfectly fine and he's doing well. She's also asked me to start going to the breastfeeding cafe in town on a Thursday morning to offer my support and guidance to any breastfeeding mothers who may need it as she says i'm a natural and have lots of experience because i've been breastfeeding three months now and with my calm, chilled out personality she thinks I'll be a great help. It'll also get me out and about and meeting other mums too, so I've said I'll go. Have missed this weeks session now, but looking forward to next weeks! :) xx[/h]

The socislising side is a nightmare cant add anything more than whats been said dont forget when weaning from 6mth onwards its 1 extra healthy a or b. Ive started doing red n green alot so i get more healthy extras lol! Loving rocky road hifi light bars

feel pretty down today, firstly i put on 2lbs (this is my own fault with the amount of chocolate i been eating and the eating out more times than not whilst hubby is on paternity). it dont help that am tired as think Daniel is going through a growth spurt as i am feeding him constantly.

feel pretty down today, firstly i put on 2lbs (this is my own fault with the amount of chocolate i been eating and the eating out more times than not whilst hubby is on paternity). it dont help that am tired as think Daniel is going through a growth spurt as i am feeding him constantly.

Sorry you're feeling down hunny :( Just jump back on the wagon and start afresh and you will have a great loss next week :) xx

Thanks, I am back on plan today. I have also stayed in most of the day too and said to hubby i needed to - the constant feeding (every 60-90 mins) is exhausting so he took our daughter to a play centre so i can chill and watch tv. Daniel is now having a nap so am having some me time :)

Geordie lass. Believe it or not it will pass n feeding gets better. I went through the same thing with my Daniel (fab name). I thank god for tv lol esp come dine with me! Just think of it as well earned rest n special mummy cuddles! Though at times it can be draining when its constant! Dont worry too much about weight loss that will come when hes out of growth spurt. How old is he now?
Im noticing my son his having less boob now at 8mth old ....gutted really!

2.5lbs lost this week! Total of 1 stone 1 pound lost in 4 weeks, so pleased! got my one stone shiney and starting couch to 5k tomorrow, really excited! xx

jojogonnabeslim said:
Geordie lass. Believe it or not it will pass n feeding gets better. I went through the same thing with my Daniel (fab name). I thank god for tv lol esp come dine with me! Just think of it as well earned rest n special mummy cuddles! Though at times it can be draining when its constant! Dont worry too much about weight loss that will come when hes out of growth spurt. How old is he now?
Im noticing my son his having less boob now at 8mth old ....gutted really!

He was 3 weeks on Mon, we are through the growth spurt, and when he woke yesterday he looked bigger than when he.went to bed! Although yest he slept loads on day and not do well last night. Tired after that but better get up so can sort my little one for nursery!

It must be really hard when u have other children to look after so u cant just sit n feed all day. Ur doing fantastic sticking to it! X

It is hard but mum is visiting this week making it easier. She entertained Amy yest and looked after Daniel whilst I took him to nursery.

My friend did a 3 month photoshoot of Jack yesterday, look how gorgeous he is! :heartpump:

View attachment 58089

xx

hello ladies, dont laugh at me at this question as i been googling galore and now i am paranoid! So how much water/ drinks are you ladies drinking.

I am drinking a lot - i take 4.5 pints of juice to bed. Dont get me wrong, i dont down it in one go - i am going to bed about 9-10pm and in there til 7am ish and usually drink it between the 3 feeds I give him in the night.

in addition i am drinking probs 1.5 pints every time i feed him which is another 8 or so pints in the day. plus numerous coffees (2 caffeinated and rest decaff a day). However every time i go to the loo my wee is yellow (and i am thirsty). I am seriously constipated and yet i cant really drink much more can i.

Anyway my hubby said there is something about drinking too much water and it can kill you - and he thinks i do drink too much. I know they say drink 2 litres a day (and breastfeeding mums about 3.3 litres) - well i worked out between going to bed about 9.30 last night and til 12pm today I had already drunk 6 litres. i probs normally drink between 8 and 10 litres.

So how much do other ladies drink? Do you think am drinking too much? Or are you ladies drinking as much?

geordie_lass21 said:
hello ladies, dont laugh at me at this question as i been googling galore and now i am paranoid! So how much water/ drinks are you ladies drinking.

I am drinking a lot - i take 4.5 pints of juice to bed. Dont get me wrong, i dont down it in one go - i am going to bed about 9-10pm and in there til 7am ish and usually drink it between the 3 feeds I give him in the night.

in addition i am drinking probs 1.5 pints every time i feed him which is another 8 or so pints in the day. plus numerous coffees (2 caffeinated and rest decaff a day). However every time i go to the loo my wee is yellow (and i am thirsty). I am seriously constipated and yet i cant really drink much more can i.

Anyway my hubby said there is something about drinking too much water and it can kill you - and he thinks i do drink too much. I know they say drink 2 litres a day (and breastfeeding mums about 3.3 litres) - well i worked out between going to bed about 9.30 last night and til 12pm today I had already drunk 6 litres. i probs normally drink between 8 and 10 litres.

So how much do other ladies drink? Do you think am drinking too much? Or are you ladies drinking as much?

I think the kidneys can process about a litre of water an hour, so if you're spacing out the liquid throughout the day and night you should be fine. How old is your baby? For about the first 6 weeks after having jack I was so thirsty all the time and drank 5-6 litres of water a day and then a couple of pints through the night. I was also constipated but that is normal and is just your body settling back down after birth. As long as you're not drinking 2/3/4 litres if water in one go then you will be fine hunny. my thirst has decreased now and I have to force myself to drink 3 litres a day, so your thirst will probably decrease too xx

Thanks Sammy, I am not drinking it all at once. Probs a litre at a time but maybe every 90 mins or so. He is 3.5 weeks.

I did drink loads today tho this morn in short space of time to try go to loo. But since then I been paranoid and not drunk much and have headache from it. Glad.u think its normal. Might go see doc Monday tho to discuss it with him.

geordie_lass21 said:
Thanks Sammy, I am not drinking it all at once. Probs a litre at a time but maybe every 90 mins or so. He is 3.5 weeks.

I did drink loads today tho this morn in short space of time to try go to loo. But since then I been paranoid and not drunk much and have headache from it. Glad.u think its normal. Might go see doc Monday tho to discuss it with him.

Dr will probably prescribe lactulose to help you go, it's safe for breastfeeding mums. Your body gets put under a lot of pressure during labour, especially in that region. It takes a good few weeks for things to get back to normal. Don't know if you had stitches but that can make it take longer to get back to normal too. A litre every hour to hour and a half is fine, you will naturally be more thirsty at first and we're dealing with very warm muggy weather so we need to keep hydrated. Try drinking some pure orange juice and see if that helps if you have to wait until
Next week to see the doc. Xx

Thanks, u do take that (i used to take it before anyway and Dr prescribed it for me couple of weeks ago as had severe stomach cramps after having him but he thought it was constipation combined with normal.uterus pains that are stronger when u have 2nd.

I had stopped taking it as couldn't drink enough to not be dehydrated! I did.take.it this morning tho as was.on.agony.but also.drunk.loads.

Back