Breastfeeding and Slimming World

Aww lovely pics as ever leeanne.
I should have been back at work 3mth ago today....im still on special leave on full pay cos work completely messed up re risk assessment for nursing mums. I only had my assessment 2 wks ago n got my report on mon which was an absolute joke so was the assessment itself.she spoke about another collegue n compared us so breach of confidentiality and the issues i had like stress from work resulting in mild pnd and request not to work nights due to risk of messing up milk supply were not even mentioned! Have been the docs today for notes to cover me not to work nights whilst bf'ing and they cant reduce my shift allowance as hse website states they cant! And also phased return to work as Dan will not take expressed from bottle/cup but im hoping by time im back in work full time he will do. Im disgusted with way ive been treated so ive got union involved. Another woman already back in work but shes bottlefeeding bet she wishes she'd breastfed now ha ha
HSE website has good info on rights to express at work!

jojogonnabeslim said:
Aww lovely pics as ever leeanne.
I should have been back at work 3mth ago today....im still on special leave on full pay cos work completely messed up re risk assessment for nursing mums. I only had my assessment 2 wks ago n got my report on mon which was an absolute joke so was the assessment itself.she spoke about another collegue n compared us so breach of confidentiality and the issues i had like stress from work resulting in mild pnd and request not to work nights due to risk of messing up milk supply were not even mentioned! Have been the docs today for notes to cover me not to work nights whilst bf'ing and they cant reduce my shift allowance as hse website states they cant! And also phased return to work as Dan will not take expressed from bottle/cup but im hoping by time im back in work full time he will do. Im disgusted with way ive been treated so ive got union involved. Another woman already back in work but shes bottlefeeding bet she wishes she'd breastfed now ha ha
HSE website has good info on rights to express at work!

What's the hse site hun? I had enough trouble changing my hours at work when I was pregnant and told them I want to do a four day compressed working week when I go back for child care purposes and they flat out said no, before I'd even put in a formal request! I plan on bfing until jack is 1 so will need to express whilst at work and as far as I know they haven't got a room for it so need all the knowledge I can get on it so that I'm prepared for battle when the time comes to go back xx

Hi Sammy hse is the health and safety executive website heres the link
http://www.hse.gov.uk/mothers/faqs.htm
Theres another page on same website about work n the law!

Hope it helps n good luck with work. I had a meeting at work yesterday theyre sorting a new assessment for me n i was told the nurse who did my 1st one had been dismissed....ooops!some other ppl will get a good talking to once union have finished with them lol

jojogonnabeslim said:
Hi Sammy hse is the health and safety executive website heres the link
http://www.hse.gov.uk/mothers/faqs.htm
Theres another page on same website about work n the law!

Hope it helps n good luck with work. I had a meeting at work yesterday theyre sorting a new assessment for me n i was told the nurse who did my 1st one had been dismissed....ooops!some other ppl will get a good talking to once union have finished with them lol

Ah well she should have done your assessment correctly then shouldn't she?! Thanks so much for the link Hun I'll have a look xx

Cant beleive ur still on special leave at full pay lol gotta admit thats awsome! Well done for 8mths booby feeding! Im still feeding tj :)

I jist wanna check im doin this right.

He has brekki and a booby feed n sleeps

Then lunch and either just after or a bit after some boob and same after dinner then a feed before bed. He has boob at 2am and 5am...sometimes just 5am....am i doin things right....when will he sleep through....when will he stop so many boobs in the day? Mom sugested boiled water in the day and only feed him off me mornin and night but worried he wont get enough milk....

Start:: 217lb current:: 219lb...Goal:: 154lb 65lb to go!! club10 goal 195lb 24lb to go!!

Leeanne that sounds fine n is same as what im doing. Give him water which by the way doesnt have to be boiled after 6mth when he eats n boob rest of time unless ur trying to wean him off during the day? Ive no idea when they start sleeping through hope its soon lol x

He only has boob after food not in between. I worry he isnt getting enough milk sometimes :(

Start:: 217lb current:: 219lb...Goal:: 154lb 65lb to go!! club10 goal 195lb 24lb to go!!

Hey has anyone found certain foods they eat upset LO, iv had a couple of bad nights with Keira and was thinking maybe the food I ate upset her, if nothing else it's convinced me I need to get back on plan properly c

mummyClark said:
Hey has anyone found certain foods they eat upset LO, iv had a couple of bad nights with Keira and was thinking maybe the food I ate upset her, if nothing else it's convinced me I need to get back on plan properly c

I have 4 children. Only twice have I noticed this.
Once with ds1 I had a pile of cheap mushrooms and ate load in 24 hours, he refused the breast for a day. I was besidemyself with worry.
And with dd1 when she was a week old I had a hefty portion of Roquefort and baguette and she was sick..projectile ..after her feeds and went off the breast. She was fine within 8hours.

I've found if I eat wheat my son throws up more, has severe gas and cries when trying to feed. I'm wheat intollerant but normally am fine with just a little and I put up with the tummy ache, but the way he's reacted makes me think he may have a wheat intollerance too so I gave it up for a few weeks completely and then slowly reintroduced it in small amounts. He only has a problem if I eat bread now so it must have a higher concentration of wheat in it so I've given bread up until I finish breast feeding.

Well I had weigh in today and lost 2.5lbs! So pleased with that result :) 18lbs lost in a total of 6 weeks, really pleased :D

I now weigh dead on 200lbs and hopefully next week I will say goodye to the 200's FOREVER!!! I forced myself to eat all my extra A's and B's this week to make sure I get an average loss of 2lbs a week so i'm doing well and with the amount of weight I've lost so far i'm kind of 3 weeks ahead for reaching my target weight (as it is at the moment) so still on track to get there for Christmas I think! xx

With Amy I thought that but to be honest Daniel doesn't seen affected. Although he appears to have mild colic symptoms early evrning. I say mild because its nowhere near as bad as with Amy.

They say things like onions, spice, broccoli, cabbage etc can cause it but that's what I eat a lot of it so I still do and Amy was def worse and avoided that.

Gripe water works tho for Daniel, u can use it from 1 month and after every feed. I only use it early evening tho as that's when he starts.

With tj if i had cheese he would be sick more. Even now weaning if he has cheese he is sicky... So i think what we eat can show intolerances they have through our super mommy milk... Also once i had a lentil curry.... Boy did tjs nappy showed it the next day.... Smeeeellllllyyyyy lol

Start:: 217lb current:: 215lb...Goal:: 154lb 61lb to go!! club10 goal 195lb 20lb to go!!

Cabbage n eating crap affected Dan early on lucky gripe water helped though it seems to be hard to get hold of?
Leeanne dont worry about tj getting enough milk im sure hed let u know!
Heres a typical day for me....Dan wakes up between 5-6 ill get him in bed with me for a feed if im lucky hell go back to sleep lol hell have bfast 1hr later n i offer water. Couple of hrs later quick feed then he usually goes to sleep for 30-60mins. He has dinner at 12ish again with water then has quick feed we're normally out n about in afternoon so he has a nap or 2. Late afternoon will have another feed n also a snack then 530 his tea followed by 45mins bedtime hr on cbeebies so i can have my tea lol! Bath n feed n sleep at 730. He still wakes up in the night a couple times. Ive not expressed for ages as loads in freezer to stock up for work or occasional night out though it needs using up as couple mths old! No idea how as he wont take a bottle! I begrudge throwing it away lol

Thanks guys, I think it was the pizza I ate, it was extremely spicy as in omg I need to dunk my head in a lake spicy. She hadn't been as bad since, been giving her infacol before each feed as she's not a month till tomorrow.
I might try some gripe water now though, plus it's easy for me to get as the company I used to work for makes infacol and gripe water.

"Ive not expressed for ages as loads in freezer to stock up for work or occasional night out though it needs using up as couple mths old! No idea how as he wont take a bottle! I begrudge throwing it away lol"

what about "doidy cup" have you tried them? we have them in our Centre and on the breastfeeding group and they are quite popular :)

I've been nominated as a semi finalist for woman of the year in my group! Complete shocker, I've only been going 6 weeks lol! Don't think I'll win iras the other woman has lost 6 stone but she never stays to class. We have to say a little about our journey on Monday and how we get the results we have and what motivates us etc and then I think the group decide who gets the award for the group! Will wait and see what Monday brings! Xx

I've been nominated as a semi finalist for woman of the year in my group! Complete shocker, I've only been going 6 weeks lol! Don't think I'll win iras the other woman has lost 6 stone but she never stays to class. We have to say a little about our journey on Monday and how we get the results we have and what motivates us etc and then I think the group decide who gets the award for the group! Will wait and see what Monday brings! Xx

Thats fab hun you have done really well.
So what do you think you will be saying about your journey

Not sure really, just that my main motivation is to be healthy so that as my son gets more active I can be active with him but I'm also getting married next year and I'm determined to look good in a wedding dress. I feel comfortable with the plan but continue to check everything in the book constantly to make sure that I don't get complacent and ruin the results I'm getting. I love seeing results and love sharing my recipes and ideas with people to help them on their journey, especially when they are disheartened with a small loss/gain/sts and need that little extra motivation to keep them on plan or an outsiders perspective on whattheyre doing to recognise where they may be going slightly wrong. Do you think that's the kind of thing I should say? Xx

Hello ladies hope everyone is well :) im back on sw its only day 2 but im enjoying my food, been having red days which ive never done before!! ive done great on calorie counting but wanted to speed up my weightloss if I can. Ive had an awful few wks a few deaths in family, so I just want a fresh start as life is so short.

Not joined a class yet as only got one group in my area which is on wednesday and its hard to get their with 2 lo's and an 8 yr old my oh often gets home late!

Well done Sammy on being nominated for semi finialist im sure your do great! xx

Back