Breastfeeding and Slimming World

Nika said:
"Ive not expressed for ages as loads in freezer to stock up for work or occasional night out though it needs using up as couple mths old! No idea how as he wont take a bottle! I begrudge throwing it away lol"

what about "doidy cup" have you tried them? we have them in our Centre and on the breastfeeding group and they are quite popular :)

Hi yep got a doidy cup, think is as hes with me most of the time he knows he has boob on tap so to speak. Going to start using it up in his cereal and whats left try in the cup. At least then hes getting most of it!
Work still cant get things right for me its gone from a work assessment to a full on medical!

Thanks Jojo!

Well I've just been shopping as Ben needed some new jeans and there was a sale on, so I thought i'd get some new jeans too as my size 20's are falling down. Found a new pair for £7 and they're a size 16!!! They go on and do up, which is the first time a size 16 has got past my thighs in a long time! I have a slight muffin top at the front still, but give it a couple of weeks and I think they'll look perfect! So pleased! xx

Wow well dobe sammy u must feel great :)

Need advice ladies....my mom suggested to have tj overnight friday. First timevever im so nervous. How much booby milk will tj need. He is 7 mths sunday. Sometimes still feeds at 2am n 5am his night feed is at 10.30pm and morning one bout 8.30.... I dont have a clue!

Start:: 217lb current:: 215lb...Goal:: 154lb 61lb to go!! club10 goal 195lb 20lb to go! Mini goals: 12lb by holiday. 40lb by xmas. 61lb by mid march

Thats a hard one since my little man will not take expressed from bottle i wouldnt know either!u could go off the reccomended amount for formula n add an extra feed. Get a couple of the cartons of ready made formula just in case but only if u dont mind giving him that. Dont worry too much as hes weaning so he could always have some cereal or banana? How nice of ur mum to offer overnight stay knowing she has to get up mind u bet u any money he sleeps right through!

Leeanne910 said:
Wow well dobe sammy u must feel great :)

Need advice ladies....my mom suggested to have tj overnight friday. First timevever im so nervous. How much booby milk will tj need. He is 7 mths sunday. Sometimes still feeds at 2am n 5am his night feed is at 10.30pm and morning one bout 8.30.... I dont have a clue!

Start:: 217lb current:: 215lb...Goal:: 154lb 61lb to go!! club10 goal 195lb 20lb to go! Mini goals: 12lb by holiday. 40lb by xmas. 61lb by mid march

My little man takes 5-6oz per feed of expressed milk and hes 3 months old but as your little man is also on solids id think this would definitely be enough per feed, so maybe if you express 3 6oz bottles to cover 2 wake ups and one for good luck, I think that would be enough Hun as long as you'll be picking him up early the next day xx

Leeanne910 said:
Cant beleive ur still on special leave at full pay lol gotta admit thats awsome! Well done for 8mths booby feeding! Im still feeding tj :)

I jist wanna check im doin this right.

He has brekki and a booby feed n sleeps

Then lunch and either just after or a bit after some boob and same after dinner then a feed before bed. He has boob at 2am and 5am...sometimes just 5am....am i doin things right....when will he sleep through....when will he stop so many boobs in the day? Mom sugested boiled water in the day and only feed him off me mornin and night but worried he wont get enough milk....

Start:: 217lb current:: 219lb...Goal:: 154lb 65lb to go!! club10 goal 195lb 24lb to go!!

Mine never slept through when I was bf him :/ he's now almost 3 and still a horrific sleeper guess I'm just unlucky

Ladies

Charlie is 6 months and is on 3 meals a day, an example of our day is

6.30/7am bf
8.30/9.30 breakfast
10.30/11 bf
12.30/ 1pm lunch
3ish bf
5pm dinner
7ish bf for bed

Does this seem about right? When should I reduce his bf? Don't want to over/under feed him! xx

Thats pretty much what i do and Dans 8 mth he also has a morning and afternoon snack. Bf isnt always about hunger its also to quench their thirst. Dan will take sips of water at food times if i offer it at other times he turns his nose up at it lol. Whether its right or not i dont know? Lol im sure our LO's will let us know when they've had enough x

jojogonnabeslim said:
Thats pretty much what i do and Dans 8 mth he also has a morning and afternoon snack. Bf isnt always about hunger its also to quench their thirst. Dan will take sips of water at food times if i offer it at other times he turns his nose up at it lol. Whether its right or not i dont know? Lol im sure our LO's will let us know when they've had enough x

Thanks jojo, I'll just see how he goes! xx

Im so nervous.of.friday :,(

Start:: 217lb current:: 214lb...Goal:: 154lb 60lb to go!! club10 goal 195lb 19lb to go! Mini goals: 12lb by holiday 11to go. 40lb by xmas 39 to go. 61lb by mid march 60 to go

Hi Ladies,

Mrss 2010 that sounds very good to me, no need to reduce yet. Wot you nervous about Leeanne? x

Hollie still got very bad wind and colic, she's been really unwell with it over last fornight.

I've got a funeral tomorrow, my cousins lil girl died :( so my oh is staying home to look after the girls, so not sure how she's going be as she's very clingy at moment x

Oh god cas i am so sorry :( how old was she? Xx

Start:: 217lb current:: 214lb...Goal:: 154lb 60lb to go!! club10 goal 195lb 19lb to go! Mini goals: 12lb by holiday 11to go. 40lb by xmas 39 to go. 61lb by mid march 60 to go

Ohhh my :,( my thoughts and prayers with the family :,( poor baby girl.

Its so scary makes u appriciate ur little ones. Sending u wishes for the funeral. Xant imagine how hard

Aww sad news cas3 big hugs for u

Leeanne....whats happening Fri? If weigh in ull be fine unless uve been really naughty lol we all have them kind of wks ;-) x

Awful news Cas. Leeanne, not sure what you are dreading about today but hope it goes well. If its about weigh in dont beat yourself over a bad week. We can try our best and thats all we can do.

I have decided to make a tweak this week as my problem is on an evening i crave sweet stuff, Weight watchers worked well when i had my first as i got extra points for breastfeeding and could have treats. so am upping my syns to 21 and will have just 4 HE's. I will have have 3 HEA and 1 HEB but have extra yoghurts and free stuff to try and keep my calcium high (and try and encorporate spinach and stuff into my diet for higher calcium).

The reason am going to do this is i have been having hifi bars to try and get my sugar fix but it doesnt work so i have them and then have chocolate. i might as well just go for the chocolate dont you think?

Hey guys. No its ciz tj stayin moms the night :,(

Geordie girl do what works for u if u still loosing weight. Have u thought about jam on toast? 1 teaspoon is either 0.5 or 1 syn im having some in sw rice pud!
Leeanne relax n enjoy ur rare night off im jealous lol x

Back