Breastfeeding and Slimming World

Sounds like hes cluster feeding. Night time was bad for me i use to save all my syns n healthy extras n pig out since i couldnt really move off the sofa and i watched alot of tv lol. At the time i thought that this was how my life was going to be forever lol! They soon change! I put on 0.5 lb not bad considering i was on hols in wales most of last wk so didnt do my usual diary or count syns. Got 2 wk to loose 6.5lb to get in my next stone ready for my hols well ill try my best thats all i can do!

2lbs off for me this week! :) only one pound to my two stone award :) 3 stone 6 lost since I had jack! :) xx

Well ladies last night I gave Charlie his last ever bf, got to 7 months which is quite an achievement for someone who received zero support except from dh! I'm proud to have come so far esp with my nipple vasospasm which is getting steadily worse which is what made me come to this hard decision!

Hope I can still pop on here and chat to u all or continue to offer advice!

Much love! xx

Awww hope ur ok must have been very hard for u :-( im welling up just thinking about it! Best of luck anyway n keep in touch sure ill see ur posts on other threads x

Awww hope ur ok must have been very hard for u :-( im welling up just thinking about it! Best of luck anyway n keep in touch sure ill see ur posts on other threads x

lol this and the pregnancy one is the only threads ive commented on....maybe i need to come on here more! lol it was proper awful and ive cried a few times today.....horrid!

lol this and the pregnancy one is the only threads ive commented on....maybe i need to come on here more! lol it was proper awful and ive cried a few times today.....horrid!

You have done so well to BF for 7 months! That's such an achievement. I know it must be hard to give it up, but you should be so proud of yourself.

Jacob is over 4 months now so we tried him on some pureed apple the other day. He LOVED it! We've not given him anymore though because we want to do baby led weaning, rather than puree. I don't he really needs food just yet.

We are having a lot of problems with feeding at the minute. Jacob has had thrush for about 6 weeks now and it's just getting worse, nothing is getting rid of it. I went back to the doctors today and they've given him some new medicine. It has made feeding SO painful and Jacob keeps pulling off, biting, hitting and scratching me because he finds feeding so painful. Poor little man :( I hope this new medicine works.

Last week was my first weigh in and I lost 6.5lb! I have my second weigh in tomorrow :)

hello ladies, stayed the same this week. think this is quite good saying what i ate yesterday (as well as the normal food i had a dairy milk, crunchie and 2 kit kats then when i met a friend later for coffee and cake i had a rocky road.... ironically i only had a decaf american with milk rather than a latte to save the syns haha)

if that was a random day it would be fine but that isnt far off the norm - i try and stop at one choc bar but often have 2 (and if i have cake its norm as well as the choc bar)

However today I genuinely feel more motivated - i thought if i can stay the same after the pigging out i do, imagine if i stick at 15 syns a day - i could probs lose 3 pounds in a week!

However this is the worst week to have this change of heart - I am going on holiday for a week to Filey (so self catering but we will be eating out for lunch most days) - i can try and pick healthy choices tho. So wish me luck :)

Lol good luck just hope ur choc binge doesnt show next wk but hey draw a line under it life goes on!!! Enjoy ur hols im away wk after next cant wait though its all inclusive so eeekkkk at syns thank god i cant drink!

Hey ladies not dropped in to say hi for a while. Can't believe Keira is 10 weeks today. Still breastfeeding so happy with that. Weve been away to great Yarmouth this week so major binge fest, reckon iv probably put on all 7 pound I lost last month. Had KFC 4 times during the week, can't even say I felt rubbish after like most junk, coz it was delicious. We all have colds now though so maybe didn't do my immune system too good.
Not looking forward to weigh in thursday :(

Pre pregnancy weight 12st 12 current weight 13st 2

Hi ladies, I've read this whole thread and think you're all doing a great job, my little ones due in January so I look forward to joining you on here then!!

I've already got a son whose 22 months today and I managed to breastfeed him for 15 months which I'm really proud of!! I had a lot of difficulties at the start as couldn't get him to latch on properly which effected my supply and he put weight on slowly so had to have lots of skin to skin, fenugreek and keep an eye on his weight!!

We baby led weaned which I can't recommend enough, it worked fantastically for us and he soon put weight on!! He eats really well, not fussy in the slightest and eats what we eat most of the time plus I never had to spoon feed him, we got to eat at the same time which was much easier although rather messy at the start!!!!!!!! If interested I recommend the baby led weaning cook book, it goes through the theory at the start and then gives you lots of recipes and ideas for each stage!

I really hope I wont have any supply problems this time as It should be easier to perfect the latch second time around and I'll know to try the rugby ball position which I had to use when I first started until he got the hang of it! Not sure how I'll find the time to breastfeed whilst looking after a toddler though, I swear I didn't put my son down until he was about 6 months!! My hubs is having a month off though so hopefully that'll make things a little easier!!!

I'm finding slimming world easy to stick to at the moment, I'm still 3.5 lbs less than when I found out I was pregnant and I'm 22 weeks now, just hope I can fight the cake cravings when breastfeeding as I'm bridesmaid twice next June and really don't wanna look like a hippo!!!

Anyways sorry for the long post, I'll continue to read and join you in the new year, yey!! :) xxxx

Skonions said:
Hi ladies, I've read this whole thread and think you're all doing a great job, my little ones due in January so I look forward to joining you on here then!!

I've already got a son whose 22 months today and I managed to breastfeed him for 15 months which I'm really proud of!! I had a lot of difficulties at the start as couldn't get him to latch on properly which effected my supply and he put weight on slowly so had to have lots of skin to skin, fenugreek and keep an eye on his weight!!

We baby led weaned which I can't recommend enough, it worked fantastically for us and he soon put weight on!! He eats really well, not fussy in the slightest and eats what we eat most of the time plus I never had to spoon feed him, we got to eat at the same time which was much easier although rather messy at the start!!!!!!!! If interested I recommend the baby led weaning cook book, it goes through the theory at the start and then gives you lots of recipes and ideas for each stage!

I really hope I wont have any supply problems this time as It should be easier to perfect the latch second time around and I'll know to try the rugby ball position which I had to use when I first started until he got the hang of it! Not sure how I'll find the time to breastfeed whilst looking after a toddler though, I swear I didn't put my son down until he was about 6 months!! My hubs is having a month off though so hopefully that'll make things a little easier!!!

I'm finding slimming world easy to stick to at the moment, I'm still 3.5 lbs less than when I found out I was pregnant and I'm 22 weeks now, just hope I can fight the cake cravings when breastfeeding as I'm bridesmaid twice next June and really don't wanna look like a hippo!!!

Anyways sorry for the long post, I'll continue to read and join you in the new year, yey!! :) xxxx

That baby led book is good bunting can't remember name. The children centre recommended me it. Good luck with pregnancy. your doing so well, at 22wks I put on a stone I think. But lost all baby weight now so I am sure you it after baby born
Can't believe my son is 1 next week and he is now walking :D

Wow bunny its soon passed woohoo on charles walking! Dan is happiest walking round my furniture and playing with my coasters hes shimmying along my walls too so wont be long before hes walking unaided! I wish id have seen the babyled weaning book saying that he started weaning at 20 wk on porridge n then ive done a combination of both! Sometimes feel like my day is consumed by food whether it be eating cooking or thinking about what to have lol

Wow bunny its soon passed woohoo on charles walking! Dan is happiest walking round my furniture and playing with my coasters hes shimmying along my walls too so wont be long before hes walking unaided! I wish id have seen the babyled weaning book saying that he started weaning at 20 wk on porridge n then ive done a combination of both! Sometimes feel like my day is consumed by food whether it be eating cooking or thinking about what to have lol

Well done Daniel - he be walking. One minute Charles was surfing the next getting confidence building with taking hands of furniture :D Need eyes in back of head now!!!!

Lol i know he makes a beeline for my picture frames i either let him play with them or put them away which seems a shame :-( hes had countless bumps to head too trying to run before he can walk its awful!
Well stayed the same this wk was hoping for my 5 n half stone this wk ready for my hols still 3lb off weightloss has slowed right down but i seem to be loosing inches n body shape slowly changing which is good :)

3lbs off this week! Got my 2 stone award and slimmer of the week! :) xx

jojogonnabeslim said:
Hey u pinched my 3lb off lol well done hun ;-)

Haha thanks hunny! :) xx

Anything ur not sure of re weaning just ask not that im an expert far from it but i havent give Dan any jars n hes doing really well with finger food time to let him loose with a spoon though blah! Annabel tips are very good

Back