Breastfeeding and Slimming World

Thanks hun thats great, im not new to weaning with hollie being my third! I was looking on annobel website more for recipe ideas so once we get going she won't get bored eating the same foods so feel free to add any ideas. I usually do bit both mainly my own food but I don't mind the jars when we out and about! Dan's doing really well wiv his food then x

I mash lots of different veg n freeze into icecubes have also frozen chunks of chicken n various casseroles n pasta sauces done without salt then i just mix n match tonight hes had parsnip carrot n bns with boiled rice then finely chopped fruit salad n some cubed cheese. Today he also tried a bit of ryvita n loved it lol. I cheat sometimes by givng him tinned spagetti hoops n beans but only occasionally due to suger content. Bernard matthews do cooked turkey chunks which is fab for sticking with some veg or on its own. Sw chips also good. I know what u mean about giving them the same stuff feel like im constantly thinking about food! Feel free to share any of ur tips too

Anyone know the maximum number of weeks a baby can be before you have to start weaning? I can't remember if my HV said 24 or 26 weeks and jack is now 21 weeks old. He's not really showing any signs of being hungry, he's not feeding more than usual or trying to get our food at all and he's not waking any more than usual during the night. My fiancé wants me to try him on solids now but I don't think he's quite ready. Any tips? I'm going to make batches of carrot, swede and BNS soon to freeze for when we start but any advice on when to start him
On foods would be very much appreciated as I still exclusively breastfeed him xx

From.my la leche group milk is most impkrtant source of food till 1yr...food is only for fun really before then. Hope that helps xx

Start:: 217lb current:: 213lb...Goal:: 154lb 59lb to go!! club10 goal 195lb 18lb to go! Mini goals: 12lb by holiday 10 to go. 40lb by xmas 38 to go

Id just go with what ur baby wants maybe just introduce some tastes in nx couple wks like baby porridge or some pureed veg. As long as hes happy n is putting on weight dont worry though its easy to when u compare with other babies i think its natural that!

Woohoo got my 5 1/2 stone award this morning n slimmer of wk got a bag full of fruit n i go ony holibobs abroad tomorrow lol tut had to give some of it away! Better make sure im good on my all inclusive break eeeek!

Brilliant well done :) enjoy ur well deserved holiday!! where are you going? ive just reached the 40lb mark! aiming to lose another 14 by christmas!

Thanks for advice on weaning, been giving Hollie mainly baby cereal just to get her use to the texture im going introduce vegetables tomorrow need to buy a new blender, think I will make up some meals and freeze them as ive got my hands full wiv my 2 yr old (terrible 2's!) normally I cook from fresh.

Sammy I think Hollie is about 3wks older than Jack, she's satisfired on milk alone but she doesn't seem to take very much so thought I start weaning her now and she's really enjoying it so far, I think ur know when Jack's ready x

Thanks for the advice on weaning ladies, Jack is still doing great on just breast milk so going to wait a few more weeks until we try food yet. I'm taking him to get weighed on wednesday as he'll be 5 months old tomorrow so unless his weight has dropped below his percentile (which i doubt it) then i'll hold off for now.

Stayed the same this week for the first time in 13 weeks, but AF came back today for the first time since I got pregnant (14 months ago) so i'm happy with that. Will aim for a great loss next week to make up for it :) Going to do mostly green days this week with one red day tomorrow as that's how I usually get good results, would be amazing if I could get another 'first week' loss of 5lbs to get my 2 and a half stone award! I can only hope! xx

Jemstone2012 said:
Hi
Hi anyone breastfeeding but hungry all the time despite after a bug meal?

That's natural hunny, how long have you been breastfeeding? Xx

Jemstone2012 said:
Hi
Hi anyone breastfeeding but hungry all the time despite after a bug meal?

Yes all the time, I crave sweet stuff (mainly chocolate). Try and eat a smaller meal but have an extra one, for example I found the gap between breakfast (8am) and lunch (12) manageable but I was still hungry instantly but the gap from lunch to dinner (7-8) very hard. So I changed it to have lunch 1 at 11 and a 2nd lunch between 2 and 3. It does get better tho. Then again this month I have struggled but more to do with my greed rather than hunger (plus a holiday and a long weekend)

Hi everyone, I am new to this site and wondered whether you have any advice as I am a bit stuck. I am not new to Slimming World. I lost about 4 stone with it after my first baby attending a group. I only started post-breastfeding when he was a year old and the weight came off very well, I loved the plan, felt really healthy etc. This time round I wanted to get back on it quickly (after falling off the wagon during the pregnancy and putting on about 3.5 stone), so I have been on the plan since my second son was 6 weeks old (about 11 weeks in total) and have lost about 9 pounds in those 11 weeks. I know that's not awful but it is just so much slower than last time especially as most of it was in the first two weeks and I quite often stay the same or sometimes even gain now despite doing it 100%. So after a while when nothing was moving I started to limit the syns a bit as I was having the full 15 as recommended and all the healthy extras thinking it might just be too much for me but no change in the weight loss :( what have those of you that are managing to lose whilst still feeding done. Are you having all syns and Hex? Sorry I hope this doesn't sound too indulgent especially as I have lost something but it is so disheartening that I haven't lost anything really in weeks despite being so strict (no sneaky chocolate). After my first I am sure I put on a good stone whilst breastfeding from eating tons of cake and chocolate and felt so unhappy with myself that I wanted to do it differently this time especially as I felt so healthy doing Slimming World before and now it doesn't seem to be working. Sorry for the big rant. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hello, sorry you are finding it hard. I am having all syns (plus extra tbh) bit not all healthy extras (yes I know not really on plan)
I think I should have more As as my nails are so weak so I suspect am.not getting enough calcium but am not a big cheese eater and I drink skimmed milk as it is. Am trying to get calcium from yoghurts.

Anyway my point is I find it hard and in dept only last 1.5lb (with my daughter I started losing weight ay 5.5 months whereas I started with Daniel straight away.

I think despite what ppl say abt it falling off when breastfeeding I think it isn't that easy. For me anyway, and even my husband said I didn't really lose the weight til after I stopped last time.

Just carry on, you are still losing so its going in the right direction :)

Last edited:
Helllo back after my holibobs put 6lb on blah! I blame the weather it was crap lol all inclusive wasnt great either so ate alot of bread n cakes lol stayed away from the fatty bacon but then had bread with lashings if nutella on it! Haha. Day before we came home Dan come out with chicken pox shouldnt really have flown home but it wasnt actually confirmed pharmacy said it was a sweat rash? Hes been ok just a bit clingy n had a snotty nose. Cant believe hes 10mth n im still breastfeeding so proud!

Hi, I am brand new to slimming world and am trying to work out what I should be having. My daughter is 17months and breast feeds several times day and night. How many healthy extras should I have on Green?? XX

Hi once they pass 6 mths and are weaning you get 1 extra healthy extra so on green/red days thats a total of 5 or on extra easy a total of 3! Wow 17mth booby feeding thats brill hope my little baba lasts that long!

Back