Breastfeeding and Slimming World

Thanks hes only 10mth old too so funny watching him race around my furniture! Hes always loved being stood up though. Can see some battles ahead when he doesnt want to be in his pram!

jojogonnabeslim said:
So proud my ikkle man took his first steps unaided today

Aw wow, whqt a milestone - well done Daniel. What a clever little boy. I took Charles for the first time to Clarks to meadure shoes. Was extremely shocking to see the price of a baby shoe which isxhalf the size of an adult shoe which £32 (little bit of mini heartach attack). They won't even last that long!!!!

Hi all.
I am breast feeding my 4mth old little girl. Have had lots of offers to baby sit and really fancy a night away but she is refusing the bottle. Have tried various bottles including avent adiri and breast flow but just retched and goes mad. Have tried formula and expressed milk. My sister had the same problem and ended up having to kind of starve her little one for a day until he took. Don't really fancy that but keen to sort thus out as will also be going back to work in the next few months. Has anyone got any other solutions??

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Can I join you ladies? I've restarted SW a couple of weeks ago after gaining 4 stone during my pregnancy. Little one is now 4 months old, and after a really rocky start I'm exclusively breastfeeding, yay! I'm loving the 4 extra hexs for the feeding, cereal for breakfast *and* a sandwich for lunch makes grabbing quick food when the baby is fussing much easier!

Hi spikey n mammacat
Sorry cant help u with the bottle issue my LO wouldnt take it either so ive only managed to have a few hrs away from him. Thankfully work messed things up completely regarding expressing that im still on mat leave on full pay so not had to deal with it. Hope u get it sorted. I was told to use a doidy cup if that helps?
Bunny i know i cant believe the prices either! His first pair cost £24 for cruisers which still fit after 2mth thank god. Im gonna get him measured again then get some on ebay! Do anyone else do baby shoes ive not looked?

Spikeysaurus said:
Can I join you ladies? I've restarted SW a couple of weeks ago after gaining 4 stone during my pregnancy. Little one is now 4 months old, and after a really rocky start I'm exclusively breastfeeding, yay! I'm loving the 4 extra hexs for the feeding, cereal for breakfast *and* a sandwich for lunch makes grabbing quick food when the baby is fussing much easier!

Hi, I'm thinking of joining a slimming club,I am exclusively feeding by baby he is 3 months old but really want to start loosing weight as have gained almost 4 stone and so unhappy:-( would you say slimming world is the one to go with x

Sonia1976 said:
Hi, I'm thinking of joining a slimming club,I am exclusively feeding by baby he is 3 months old but really want to start loosing weight as have gained almost 4 stone and so unhappy:-( would you say slimming world is the one to go with x

I would recommend slimming world hunny as it's one of the few that's safe to do whilst breastfeeding. You get extra healthy extras, never feel deprived because you're eating ALL of the time, and yet still lose weight! I've lost 2 stone 5lbs (hoping for my two and a half stone tomorrow) in the 15 weeks since I started slimming world, it's great! Good luck in whatever you decide to do hunny xx

I really like SW. I think it's the easiest to follow, with very little counting and calculating, and masses of food you can eat unlimited quantities of. I'm not feeling too hungry, which I think is important while breastfeeding - I don't want to restrict too much in case it affects milk supply. Also I take my little one to group with me and he gets fussed over by everyone, he quite enjoys it. Good luck whatever you go for!

Hey thank you for responses!:) do u think I will be able to do by myself or best to go to club? I feel so hungry all the time:-( I'm worried I will get bored of sw as I have done in the past.

Jemstone2012 said:
Yea it is all the time.

Been breastfeeding 3 months now. I never seem to reach tht "full" feeling anymore

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I know how u feel.;-( don't think I have put on any weight since having baby but getting down with the weight I put on in pregnancy.:-(

I lost 4lbs today, getting me my 2 and a half stone award and slimmer of the week and into the 12 stone bracket!!! So that's a total of 4 stone 2 lbs lost since having Jack 24 and a half weeks ago! :) xx

sammyb1985 said:
I lost 4lbs today, getting me my 2 and a half stone award and slimmer of the week and into the 12 stone bracket!!! So that's a total of 4 stone 2 lbs lost since having Jack 24 and a half weeks ago! :) xx

That's fab we'll done.:) are you doing sw and are you breastfeeding? X

Thanks hun! Yes hunny i'm doing slimming world and still exclusively breastfeeding, though looking at starting to introduce some solids this week as Jack will be 25 weeks old on Wednesday. xx

sammyb1985 said:
Thanks hun! Yes hunny i'm doing slimming world and still exclusively breastfeeding, though looking at starting to introduce some solids this week as Jack will be 25 weeks old on Wednesday. xx

When did you start sw I wish I had the strength to diet!! Do u attend class? X

I started SW 17 weeks ago so I've had 16 weigh ins. I go to class every week. I'd originally planned to join up just for the books and then to do it alone, but the group are really great and I don't think i'd have lost as much as I have if I hadn't been going to class. Plus I like that it gives me 2 hours a week adult time whilst Ben looks after Jack. Don't get me wrong, I love being at home with him, but it's nice to have a couple of hours where I can have a laugh with other adults without having to think where Jack is, what he's wanting/needing etc xx

sammyb1985 said:
I started SW 17 weeks ago so I've had 16 weigh ins. I go to class every week. I'd originally planned to join up just for the books and then to do it alone, but the group are really great and I don't think i'd have lost as much as I have if I hadn't been going to class. Plus I like that it gives me 2 hours a week adult time whilst Ben looks after Jack. Don't get me wrong, I love being at home with him, but it's nice to have a couple of hours where I can have a laugh with other adults without having to think where Jack is, what he's wanting/needing etc xx

I find it hard to leave my baby as he feeds every 2 hours! Sometimes sooner. Do you feel hungry on plan? I'm always hungry at the moment which isn't good.:-( and sometimes I reach for the wrong things. You have done so well you should be so proud.:) xx

Thanks hunny, I am proud :) I never feel hungry on plan, I stuff myself full of carbs to fill me up (I do mostly green days) and on green days you get to have 4 A choices and 4 B choices to make sure you're getting enough for whilst you're breastfeeding, plus the full 15 syns, so I have chocolate every day. How old is your son? I was always hungry for about the first 6 weeks or so and then my body got used to the new demand for breastmilk and it wasn't so bad then. I do sometimes worry i'm eating too much, but it seems the more I eat, the more I lose! No idea how that works! What I do is use 2 HEB's on breakfast (a double portion of bran flakes or porridge usually with about 1 and a half HEA worth of milk and a banana chopped up on it) then I use half a HEA of milk in cups of tea during the day and my remaining 2 HEA's milk for a massive hot chocolate at night once Jack is in bed with my remaining 13 syns worth of chocolate :eek:) My other 2 HEB's are used for meat or fish with my lunch and tea or for hifi bars if I have a meal that doesn't have meat in. I'm always full and often find i'm eating my syns and what's left of me healthy extras at the end of the day just to make sure i've had them, as it's important not to just leave them out as they're there to make sure you're getting enough nutrients for your milk. If your worry is reaching for the wrong stuff, have things such as fat free yoghurts in the fridge, crabsticks, fruit, small chocolate bars that you know how many syns they are so you don't go over. That way it's easier to get something that isn't actually bad for you and to stay on plan xx

sammyb1985 said:
Thanks hunny, I am proud :) I never feel hungry on plan, I stuff myself full of carbs to fill me up (I do mostly green days) and on green days you get to have 4 A choices and 4 B choices to make sure you're getting enough for whilst you're breastfeeding, plus the full 15 syns, so I have chocolate every day. How old is your son? I was always hungry for about the first 6 weeks or so and then my body got used to the new demand for breastmilk and it wasn't so bad then. I do sometimes worry i'm eating too much, but it seems the more I eat, the more I lose! No idea how that works! What I do is use 2 HEB's on breakfast (a double portion of bran flakes or porridge usually with about 1 and a half HEA worth of milk and a banana chopped up on it) then I use half a HEA of milk in cups of tea during the day and my remaining 2 HEA's milk for a massive hot chocolate at night once Jack is in bed with my remaining 13 syns worth of chocolate :eek:) My other 2 HEB's are used for meat or fish with my lunch and tea or for hifi bars if I have a meal that doesn't have meat in. I'm always full and often find i'm eating my syns and what's left of me healthy extras at the end of the day just to make sure i've had them, as it's important not to just leave them out as they're there to make sure you're getting enough nutrients for your milk. If your worry is reaching for the wrong stuff, have things such as fat free yoghurts in the fridge, crabsticks, fruit, small chocolate bars that you know how many syns they are so you don't go over. That way it's easier to get something that isn't actually bad for you and to stay on plan xx

My son is 13 weeks on Wednesday, have had a rough time with him with hospital stays as he has kidney reflux which didn't help my body! I feel like I have waisted away!:-( it sounds like you get loads to eat:) I had tried the new version but struggled with the third super free foods as I don't like veggies very much:-( think green would be good for me too, maybe I should look for a class, been feeling depressed lately because of my weight gain, have 4 stone to loose to get to pre preg weight.:-( I have read that the milk supply can weigh up to a stone in weight.
Xx

Back