Breastfeeding and Slimming World

Yeah I had a wedding dress to get into....remember tho, wedding dress sizes are not the same as normal dress sizes.

Inches were lost all over doing the shred. Take your start measurements and then at day 11 and 21.... And the end!,, xxx

Thanks hunny! I took my start measurements and already after 4 days have lost an inch and a half on my hips! :) can'twait to see the results at days 11, 21 and at the end! The scales are staying the same for the moment though :( I guess it's to be expected when starting exercise, that's why i wanted to start it on a week i wouldn't be weighing in on! Are wedding dresse sizes a lot smaller than high street sizes? xx

Well I was a uk 14 when I got married but had a US designer dress (maggie sottero) and that was a size 12. But I think an America 12 is a Uk 16. So I've no ideas!! I think you usually go up a siZe in bridal, so if you are a uk 10 you might be a bridal 12. I had a corset lace up back so it didn't matter! The style of dress is a huge factor too depending on your shape too...I'm busty and curvy so wanted a princess style one that showed off my waist.

Enjoy shopping x

Not posted in ages. Still been going to SW but just nor been losing. I did lose 2lbs last week which takes me to 6lbs above my sw target.

I had been at target for abt a year before getting pregnant and it occurred to me on Tuesday (after buying myself some siEge 10 jeans!!!) am never going to get to target whilst breastfeeding.

Am still breastfeeding. Daniel is almost 4 months now. My boobs are huge (well for me anyway). Now before we have baby they say the average woman puts on 2 stone in pregnancy and boobs were approx 2lbs of this weight. What do u think boobs feeding an exclusively breastfed 4 month old weigh.

Am going to say at least 3lb so in my mind am only 3lb from target. :) think I might say this in class next time.

What do u think ladies? Interesting thought though isn't it ? :)

i was hoping they might weigh at least a stone more whilst bfing lol! problem with being weighed whilst we are bfing is it can flutuate due to excess fluid, or thats what my C says. Ive also read somewhere that once u stop u can loose about half stone? Dunno where from n how though. Being 3lb from target is fantastic so i wouldnt worry about it too much, most of us on here would be on cloud 9 being able to fit in size 10 jeans.....u lucky sod lol

Hi girls. I thought I'd better pop in and say hi.

I've lost 8st 0.5lb now. Yay.

I was weaning (baby just turned 2) and she was down to a bedtime feed and a middle of the night feed. BUT she got a gastro bug last weekend, she's been so poorly, hardly eaten. So she's back feeding like a newborn lol. I'm so glad I was still brradtfeeding it meant she avoid a hospital trip and a potential drip. I think she's on the mend now. :-D

I guess I'll have to wean slowly again.

I hope you've all been well. It's lovely to see do many breastfeeders in here.

Congrats ellebear, I remember your pg news, that flew by. I hope you are loving motherhood. Xxx

wow 8st fanbloomingtastic! as is the bfing till 2 really hope my LO still loves his mummy milk then. Dreading going back to work next wk cos doing all sorts of hrs rather than set times so hes not going to have a bfing routine not helped that hes never taken a bottle! discovered he'll drink booby milk fruit smoothies though so at least he'll get my expressed in some form.

jojogonnabeslim said:
wow 8st fanbloomingtastic! as is the bfing till 2 really hope my LO still loves his mummy milk then. Dreading going back to work next wk cos doing all sorts of hrs rather than set times so hes not going to have a bfing routine not helped that hes never taken a bottle! discovered he'll drink booby milk fruit smoothies though so at least he'll get my expressed in some form.

My second baby was like that. I did do regular hours but he did adapt to 8hours without the boob and he fed until he was 2. You'll work around it.

My little miss seems a lot better today, just waiting to see if the evening sick comes again. :-/ Hoping we are over the worst of the bug now only thing is she thinks there's no more boobie restrictions lol.

ILoveCake said:
Hi girls. I thought I'd better pop in and say hi.

I've lost 8st 0.5lb now. Yay.

I was weaning (baby just turned 2) and she was down to a bedtime feed and a middle of the night feed. BUT she got a gastro bug last weekend, she's been so poorly, hardly eaten. So she's back feeding like a newborn lol. I'm so glad I was still brradtfeeding it meant she avoid a hospital trip and a potential drip. I think she's on the mend now. :-D

I guess I'll have to wean slowly again.

I hope you've all been well. It's lovely to see do many breastfeeders in here.

Congrats ellebear, I remember your pg news, that flew by. I hope you are loving motherhood. Xxx

That is a fantastic loss well done you!!!
Please tell me a example of your diary? I am hoping to loose 6 stone but struggling at the min,as soon as I cut down I get very dizzy.:-( I am breastfeeding my 3 months old baby. X

Sonia1976 said:
That is a fantastic loss well done you!!!
Please tell me a example of your diary? I am hoping to loose 6 stone but struggling at the min,as soon as I cut down I get very dizzy.:-( I am breastfeeding my 3 months old baby. X

Hi Sonia,

I joined sw when my baby was 14weeks old. My diary is in the silver members diary section it's called 'everydays a green day'.

I do green days. A typical day for me is branflakes and skimmed milk and fruit (or poached egg or mushrooms on nimble toast etcetc), soup or pitta bread pizzas or pasta or cous cous salad for lunch and quorn burger chips and salad or vege lasagna or cannelloni and salad or curry and rice or roast vege and quorn for teatime. Snacks would be fruit yogurts and hifi bars. I like curly wurlys for 6 syns. Hartleys ready made 10calorie jelly pots or velvet crunch crisps 4syns. I love making cheese scones, in recipe section or click on my profile to see my posts. These really help me to stop binging and I love them.
You can do this. I know 6stone seems like a mammoth task but I did that in a year. The weeks tick by and you're do busy being a mum anyway. You shouldn't get hungry or feel dizzy use your syns and snack on free foods. You may just need time to get past the sugar dependancy, it took me about a month. I nearly quit in week 2 as I'd only lost 4lb in 2 weeks. I'm so glad I didn't quit.
Good luck and believe in yourself, this journey is a positive one. Xxx

ILoveCake said:
Hi Sonia,

I joined sw when my baby was 14weeks old. My diary is in the silver members diary section it's called 'everydays a green day'.

I do green days. A typical day for me is branflakes and skimmed milk and fruit (or poached egg or mushrooms on nimble toast etcetc), soup or pitta bread pizzas or pasta or cous cous salad for lunch and quorn burger chips and salad or vege lasagna or cannelloni and salad or curry and rice or roast vege and quorn for teatime. Snacks would be fruit yogurts and hifi bars. I like curly wurlys for 6 syns. Hartleys ready made 10calorie jelly pots or velvet crunch crisps 4syns. I love making cheese scones, in recipe section or click on my profile to see my posts. These really help me to stop binging and I love them.
You can do this. I know 6stone seems like a mammoth task but I did that in a year. The weeks tick by and you're do busy being a mum anyway. You shouldn't get hungry or feel dizzy use your syns and snack on free foods. You may just need time to get past the sugar dependancy, it took me about a month. I nearly quit in week 2 as I'd only lost 4lb in 2 weeks. I'm so glad I didn't quit.
Good luck and believe in yourself, this journey is a positive one. Xxx

Thank you so much for your reply.:) did u go to class or on your own? I had list 3 stone just before I fell pregnant with baby but was on ww I used to do sw but sometimes get bored from it, I could prob do with going to a club but have depression which stops me going out on my own. :-( I will try to get hold of the books maybe off eBay, I really need to loose the weight as I feeli that's some of the route of my depression. I need to get my head around it and get on with it. I will have a look at your diary. Thanks again. Xx

Sonia, I go to group. I was so nervous I could barely get coherent sentences out. I was so embarrassed of what I looked like. But I don't feel like that now. I don't feel like ppl are staring at me and I don't feel like I'm always the morbidly obese one. I would never judge someone on their weight but I felt judged by everyone and it affected me emotionally.
It was a tough journey but after a few months I started to really believe I could do it and sw has given me a way to eat for life and to stay in control while still enjoying what I eat. I see this as a long term plan for me, I don't have a plan b. You can do this. I've carried this weight for 10-12 years but not anymore. Xx

Ellebear, thankyou. X How are you finding being a mum?

No sickness so far tonight. Hoping my bubbs will start to regain thru weight she lost when she was ill.

How's everyone else going health wise this winter, I hope all the babies are well.

Last edited:
Loving being a mummy! :) she is six weeks old today - cant believe it! Here is a piccie I posted in my diary :)

Just a question about hex choices....how do you all eat yours? Xx I'm having double portion weetabix every day!!!! And double milk!!!

Attachments

• image-1104269266.jpg
    image-1104269266.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 74
Ellebear said:
Loving being a mummy! :) she is six weeks old today - cant believe it! Here is a piccie I posted in my diary :)

Just a question about hex choices....how do you all eat yours? Xx I'm having double portion weetabix every day!!!! And double milk!!!

Beautiful picture! I love the tiny phase.

Hex branflakes, toast, pittas. Milk or cheese. I should do more adventurous things but I love my regulars.
I'm slightly in love with laughing cow blue cheese triangles at the moment.

No sick last night. Yay.

I don't manage all my hexs every time- I get 6 which is heaps! I normally manage the b choices ok, but only 2 a choices...

Can I give myself a wee pat on the back? I got 3lbs off this week, so 9 1/2 lbs this month and won sotm! I couldn't believe it!

i was hoping they might weigh at least a stone more whilst bfing lol! problem with being weighed whilst we are bfing is it can flutuate due to excess fluid, or thats what my C says. Ive also read somewhere that once u stop u can loose about half stone? Dunno where from n how though. Being 3lb from target is fantastic so i wouldnt worry about it too much, most of us on here would be on cloud 9 being able to fit in size 10 jeans.....u lucky sod lol

Thanks - I dont think i would lose half stone if i stopped breastfeeding but maybe some bigger busted ladies might (after i stopped breastfeeding my first i had 2 empty sacks and wsa back to a B cup) - Now am back as a DD :)

Yeah I never owned size 10 jeans.... i even bought a size 10 top which is really nice and totally suitable for breastfeeding which i liked. Sick of wearing frumpy looking tops or maternity tops.

:-( help! Seem to be having a problem expressing. Im back in work tomorrow so thought id get back into it as not expressed for about 3mth! Got a bit last night as had been away from little man for bedtime feed but then it was only 40ml. Just tried again n not enough to fill a thimble! Hoping its cos its night time? Ill be up at 430 to go to work for 6 n planning on expressing at 7 when he would normally feed. Is this normal now hes 11mth? Ive tried massaging my boobs n ive just had a shower too. Any tips appreciated ta x

Well i survived my first day i was only in for 4 hrs lol. Still had a problem expressing though! I fed him at 5am just before work then i tried expressing at 730 n hardly anything again :-( gonna try again later after a bath with a manual pump n try again tomoz but a bit later. Really worried im drying up :-( cant believe my baby is walking already hes not quite 11mth! Clever monkey xx

Back