Breastfeeding and Slimming World

jojogonnabeslim said:
Well i survived my first day i was only in for 4 hrs lol. Still had a problem expressing though! I fed him at 5am just before work then i tried expressing at 730 n hardly anything again :-( gonna try again later after a bath with a manual pump n try again tomoz but a bit later. Really worried im drying up :-( cant believe my baby is walking already hes not quite 11mth! Clever monkey xx

It's lovely when they walk.

You're not drying up I promise, babies are far more effective than any pump. I'm great at breastfeeding my babies but an awful expressor. Getting 3oz would take me an hour. Try doing it when relaxed and have baby with you, it might help. X

Jojo you will produce more in the morning so try to express first thing as you should get more. also make sure you pump for five minutes after the milk stops flowing too, you may get another let down during that pumping session then but even if you don't the sucking motion will signal your body to produce more so you can express more within a few days. hope your first day at work was ok and not too traumatic xx

Thanks for the advice :) . Gonna do the things u suggested im also expressing whilst Dan feeds from my other boob which seems to work. Got a bit more at work today too so thats better! Did have a meltdown though :-( panicking over not remembering my job cos one of my bosses whos a nasty cow was putting pressure on me! Im ok now but shes in big trouble haha

No question on here is silly! Yes you need to sterilise all the bits n pieces apart from the electrical pump bit to clean that i just spray some dettol antibac on a cotton bud.
Managed to pump a bit more milk at work today so feel better about that! Enjoying it at the mo suppose its nice to get a bit of me back lol

Hi Guys

Mind if I join - I am currently feeding my 2.5 month old and joined slimming world online two weeks ago. I am now probably in and around my pre pregnancy weight but had put on a stone before that! I am a WW veteran and finding the SW diet "interesting" - losses are no where near what i expected- but I am losing and eating lots of pasta so no complaints! Its proably because i had been eating healthy and exercising before joining the plan (I needed the focus)

Cant possibly eat all the healthy extras but just adding them in when i fancy a bit of cheese or need extra fibre! Is anybody eating all of them along with using the syns and still losing?

Later
Boggled

I ate all of them hunny and my full 15 syns a day and have continuous losses. I know its hard to fit them all in at first, but try your hardest as they're important to make sure your milk supply doesn't suffer. You will get used to them and then eventually when you have to drop the number of extras you have you'll miss them! Good luck hunny xx

I agree with sammyb, I struggled to eat all my healthy extras at first but now I use them every day and I still loose every week! Now I couldn't imagine having less! Luckily we've still got a few months before weaning begins :)

Somebody told me that breastfeeding in general aids weight loss especially between 3-6 months, does anyone know if this is true?

Boggled.....defo have them all i regularly had a 30g lump of cheese at night with my syns usually chocolate or hifi bars u do get use to them a bit too much though lol. Milkshakes are another good way to have them just syn ur crusha. Alot of ppl think bfing a good slimming aid i dont know if its true as been doing sw, suppose it depends what u eat lol
Bit disappointed at mo since putting 6lb on on hols im struggling to get it off! Ive not been 100% but not too bad i blame stress of going back to work im not dealing with it too well pnd seems to have reared its ugly head! My hubs says i should try anti depressants......is anyone on them?

Last edited:
Here is a way to get your hex in each day! Double up! Have 4 weetabix instead of two and double the milk - then you've had 4/5 already!

Or instead of diet/half fat cheese have the full fat one. I love Edam and have that as 3 of my hex! Yummy!

Or use a tablespoon of oil in your cooking (b choice)

It's easy - just make sure you have it as it's so important to eat the right things whilst breastfeeding. Your baby needs the good stuff too. So think about how strong you want little one to be and scoff those veggies and cheese!!!!

X

Hi all I joined in 2009 and lost 24lb and put it all back on and lost it again but it all back and more . I had a surprise pregnancy this year and had my little boy 4 weeks ago. I am exclusively breastfeeding. I was 16st while pregnant and now I am down to 13st 11lb. I really need to lose weight and with your support I hope I can xxx

amber26 said:
Hi all I joined in 2009 and lost 24lb and put it all back on and lost it again but it all back and more . I had a surprise pregnancy this year and had my little boy 4 weeks ago. I am exclusively breastfeeding. I was 16st while pregnant and now I am down to 13st 11lb. I really need to lose weight and with your support I hope I can xxx

Don't beat yourself up over the past. Slimming world works and you Havre proven that before. Try and think slimming world as a lifestyle choice rather than a diet. Dry fry your food, limit your bread choices and incorporate a third of your plate with fruit and veg. Make smart choices - snack foods such as chocolate crisps, cake and sweets should form less than 10% of your diet.

If you stick to the plan you will naturally do this which is why I think it works. I do think cooking your own food as opposed to pre packaged food works best for long term success as you learn the new habits.
Good luck. You can definitely do it :)

Can't believe it!!! I've lost 5 and a half pounds tonight, bringing me to 3 stone 2lbs lost in the 20 weeks since i've joined slimming world, my 3 stone award, and a total of 4 stone 9lbs lost since I had my son Jack 28 weeks ago!! Only 13lbs to go to the initial target of 11 and a half stone that I set myself, which I'm aiming for for christmas and then i'll lower it another stone to my final target of ten and a half stone. Can't believe how much weight i've lost in such a small amount of time! So happy!!!

And to top it all off.... I won 'Miss Slinky 2012' for my group! :) xx

Wow thats fantastic whats ur secret? Lol getting a bit stuck at the mo! Cant get past 5.5 stone which is still fantastic but still i bit to go.

Wow thats fantastic whats ur secret? Lol getting a bit stuck at the mo! Cant get past 5.5 stone which is still fantastic but still i bit to go.

Thanks hunny! No secret, just stick to plan, have all my healthy extras and all my syns every day. I try not to go off plan unless it's a special occasion, like a wedding, in which case i decide on flexi syns and stick to them and then jump straight back on plan. If i'm ever tempted I just ask myself if I want that more or want to be healthy more, and it stops me slipping up! xx

Back