Breastfeeding and Slimming World

Hi, I've been advised to try here for some advice re: bf. My baby is 6m & we've just started baby lead weaning (tell me someone's heard of it!) so whilst in theory I should be only on 1 HE in addition to normal, she's not consuming anywhere near as much as a purée weaned baby would. I don't want to eat more HE than I should be, but I don't want to risk a drop in supply?

I've just switched back to sw after losing 3stone calorie counting post baby number 2 - I realised whilst I can exercise portion control I was exercising & not eating in the day so I could have chocolate or a takeaway - not the healthiest approach! And it is unlikely I'd keep it off without continuing to restrict my calories drastically. So I'm doing SW to encourage a healthy eating approach.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ive heard of baby led weaning lol was hoping to do it with my lo but he was wanting more than milk around 24wk so started on purees though all homemade! Turns out he had a tongue tie so wasnt latching right! Had we known from the start it might have been a different story! Im still bfing n hes nearly 14mth. Its completely up to u regarding he's just see how ur weight loss is. If its not great cut them down. Its hard giving them up lol but sw it based around healthy eating so u n baby should be fine. I love that my lo loves his fruit n veg cos ive given him pretty much what i eat. Hope that helps n good luck x

Well done on the bf, I did 18m with my first hoping the same again! I figure if I replace with free alternatives like fat free yoghurt that'd work to ensure I was getting the calcium?

Yeah good idea i have at least one yogurt a day. Hes showing no sign of giving it up which pleases me lol ill be gutted when he stops :-(

I was gutted, it takes a while to get used to not having that as a go to comfort tool too! I fell pregnant again 2 months later though :-/

Hi guys! I've just started SW last week and am breastfeeding my 6 week old with a couple of formula top ups a day. I'm struggling to use the extra Healthy extras though. I'm not much of a cheese eater or milk drinker and I see that they recommend 3-4 of the extras to come from this group. Would it be a really bad thing if I didn't have any extra As?
Oey :)

What about milkshakes? The crusha suger free is about 1syn to make a decent shake! You do need them for calcium. I sometimes swapped my a for a b choice lol didnt do me any harm! Im down to 1 extra now :-( so id enjoy them while u can ;-)

Hi guys! I've just started SW last week and am breastfeeding my 6 week old with a couple of formula top ups a day. I'm struggling to use the extra Healthy extras though. I'm not much of a cheese eater or milk drinker and I see that they recommend 3-4 of the extras to come from this group. Would it be a really bad thing if I didn't have any extra As?
Oey :)

You can get chocolate milk as a hex a choice.....just an idea if you are not into cheese (I have no problem with cheese cos I love the stuff!!!)

Good luck x

What about trying to use them in cooking, rather than a cup of milk of piece of cheese? Agree re: needing calcium for bf though x

Hi everyone, I'd love to join you if that's ok? I am mummy to 4 children aged 7 months, 3, 5 and 7 and I am bfeeding the baby and doing SW online/from home. I would like to lose about 3 stone. I've done SW lots in the past and enjoy it :) Still always manage to go off the rails though!

Somebody was asking about HEXs and BLW? I've done BLW with all mine and it fits so perfectly with SW as you can all eat the same! I would keep up with all the extra HEXs until your baby is eating a fair bit but you may be surprised. Mine have all been scoffing everything within a couple of weeks! You can always add back/take away HEXs depending what your losses are doing :)

Kelly x

Thanks for the suggestions. I picked up a couple of sachets of low cal hot chocolate so that'll be one way to get it into me and I've been making a conscious effort to add cheese to stuff! I've been eating 2-3 muller lights aswell so surely those would help too!

Good idea using hot chocolate n the yogurts are full of calcium. Dont stress out about it though ur eating healthy foods n giving ur baby the best thing ever! :) booby milk rocks!

Helloo everyone. I am in my 4th week of SW and I have been breastfeeding my son for almost a year (he is 1 on the 6th feb :D) I am loving the extra HEXs and the fact that Boobie feeding loses up to 500 cals per day anyway :D Hope everyones okay!

Helloo everyone. I am in my 4th week of SW and I have been breastfeeding my son for almost a year (he is 1 on the 6th feb :D) I am loving the extra HEXs and the fact that Boobie feeding loses up to 500 cals per day anyway :D Hope everyones okay!

My LO is 14mth on 3rd feb......how many extra Hexs u having? Im having just 1 extra but was wondering if i should be giving it up now? He still has at least 5 feeds a day!

My LO is 14mth on 3rd feb......how many extra Hexs u having? Im having just 1 extra but was wondering if i should be giving it up now? He still has at least 5 feeds a day!

I only have 1 because it says so but its better then none haha. Mine also has at least 5 feeds aswell. But its personal choice anyway as your LO will still get everything they need from you just you that will suffer lol.. So im sticking to 1 until he drops at least 2 feeds as they are long feeds

Ill stick to the 1 extra unless my weight loss suffers! Mind u its all over the place as was stressed for a few wk when i went back to work then blooming xmas.....seem to be back on track now showing more off in inches rather than scales

Extra Easy Healthy Extra confusion

Hello - newbie here and this forum is exactly what I've been searching for today! :)

I lost 3st last year attending SW but left when I nearly hit target and fell pregnant (3rd child :eek:). Now my little one is 11 weeks and today I decided enough is enough! I hit the scales (4st to lose now :rolleyes:) and have dug out the SW books. I can't attend the meetings anymore so hope to lurk on here a lot for motivation.

So, it's the end of day one, I've eaten loads but am starving! Then I read about the extra HEs so maybe that's why. I'm a little confused though so could somebody please help me out? I've always followed Extra Easy, so should I be having 4 HEs a day? Or is it 4 extra HEs? (making 6?) And does it matter whether a or b?

I'm fully breastfeeding apart from the odd bottle of expressed milk.

Thank you!

Edit - I jus found the answer a few pages back. So I'm allowed 6 HEs in total, but try to have more 'a's - Yes? Hooray! Once little one is in bed I'm going to have cheese on toast! And my curly wurly I've been saving and a mug of cocoa :D

Edit - I jus found the answer a few pages back. So I'm allowed 6 HEs in total, but try to have more 'a's - Yes? Hooray! Once little one is in bed I'm going to have cheese on toast! And my curly wurly I've been saving and a mug of cocoa :D

This is correct....I'm weaning now so reduced to 5 for me! :) xx

Back