Bridesmaid Dress

sallyannetag

Silver Member
Well tried it on last night for the first time. Its an 18, managed to get it on without opening the zip, however its a little bit tight and my cleavage is making a bid for freedom outta it! However it has inspired me, after me eating all the crap that I did last night, to try to keep to my target of another stone by my birthday! Gonna be a hard slog but have to do this for myself so that I wont be the biggest bridesmaid when it comes to the wedding in June! Also my mum said to me I only need to lose a wee bit more to fit into it then I should stop! Why do people do that??? I dont wanna stop just when I fit in the dress, I wanna stop when I feel comfortable enough in a dress a few sizes smaller! (sorry for the rant) :)

Firstly, your birthday is the same date as my OHs so must be a good date xx

Re: your mum's comment about losing enough for the dress to be comfortable and then stopping - parents mean well, just smile at her nicely and do what you want xx i reckon you'll look stunning xx

aww my brothers wedding is the week after yours, i usually get 18s and bought a 14 dress and said woudl slim into it, about 3 days ago managed pull it over head without zip too! how amazing is that feeling, hoping by wedding i am alot slimmer as also having boobs wanting to break out haha.
good luck x

yea i'm thinking the same wanting my mum to take the dress in for me, fingers crossed :)
and dont think about what your mum thinks, just go for whatever weight loss you can and stop when you feel it is right. maybe she just doesnt want u planning on losing loads and being disapointed mums can be like that. but in caring it can seem opposite. so just aim for what you want :) x

yeah i know, her heart is in the right place! ive been feeding her the SW foods too so she is losing weight as well. We will be knockouts at the wedding hee hee. Its 16 weeks until my bros now so im figuring if I lose at least 2lbs a week that'll take me to 13st 12lbs. I cant remember when I was 13st anything!!! Fingers crossed I can do it! :)

hey i completely know how you feel im bridesmaid for my very skinny sister in the summer and im desperately trying to lose another two stone before then, the only other bridesmaid is a size 6 (uk) and i go between size 18 and 20, there is nothing worse than the thought of being the "fat bridesmaid" im setting myself mini goals, ideally i would like to have another stone off by the end of march when i will have to go for my first dress fittings. xx

your doing so well. :worthy:
Im the biggest bridesmaid too. Usually a 20/22. So I ordered the dress in an 18 hoping my mum would have to take it in for me. The chief bridesmaid got her dress in a 16 and it fits her perfectly. The other two bridesmaids are the bride's daughters one of whom is 15 and the other 11!!! Im def the biggest at the minute but hoping by the time the wedding comes ill be in the middle somewhere!!

Back