Bridesmaid duty!!!

Mrs_H87

Tonight my best friend asked me to be her bridesmaid! :) I'm so over the moon but I am a bit worried about how the diet will affect dress shopping/ dress fittings! As you all know the inches do shift pretty quickly on this diet so would this not make it impossible to know what dress size to get? Dont want to get one and not be able to fit into it, similarly I don't want to order one and then when it arrives three months later for it to be totally too big! Advice appreciated!!!!

Make sure that the dress decision is when you're as close to goal as possible and if you can influence the choice of style so that it can be altered to fit your more svelte shape better. So lots of boning and embellishment is not such a good idea. Xxx

Thanks. The wedding is early July next year and unfortunately I have quite a lot to lose so I will be still losing weight when the dresses are ordered and need to be altered! Fingers crossed it will be OK when we go to some shops and explain the situation! Wish I started this diet a few months ago now!

Ask her what the latest date is for measurements before the dress needs ordering. I'm getting married in October so dress needs picking up end of September and I've been quoted as beginning of March as the latest date for measurements for my dress and bridesmaids. X

Total loss - 3 stone 12lb :)

I went through this last year and the most important piece of advice I can give you is that it is a lot easier to take a dress in than out. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Congratulations!!!
Omg we are in such similar boats! I'm doing the duty too next year just a few weeks later! I wanna Idealy loose about 10 stone! However my friends sister lives abroad so we gotta order at xmas! I'm dreading it to say the least at a siZe 26 ( which is bridemaid dresses Prob 30!!!!) against all the tiny size 8s and 10s! :-( I just gotta pray that they will all be blown away when they come in and mine won't stay up! ( that's my plan! )

Last edited:
If you intend to lose that much weight order 2 dresses. I lost 3 stone between fitting and wedding this August and I had to get a new bridesmaids dress.

Well I'm hoping I will, but like someone else put I don't wanna order a dress n it don't fit!
So think I'm just gonna have to order at size they think when they measure at xmas and then have it taken in! But 7 months I could potentially loose 7 stone if I stuck to plan 100% which is a lot of weight! and for me Prob 2/3 dress sizes!

How spooky! I know what you mean Sam_tia, I could potentially lose a lot before then, although realistically I can't see myself being 100% for 6 months, I'm doing my nut now after one month! Plus the products are making me I'll (see my other post today lol). Can they even take dresses in that much?
I don't want to order the dress until I'm at least a size or two smaller as I find it quite embarrassing, especially bridesmaid dresses, the sizes are so weird and unflattering!!!

Sizes are ridiculous in bridal shops. I'm a size 10-12 now and this dress I'm ordering is currently measuring as a size 18 in the designers sizing. Do I seriously look an - 18?? Don't be put off by sizes. X
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1414684769.444422.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1414684782.936584.jpg

Its ridiculous. I've told her she has to cut the size label out of it :) I tried on a size 10 sample and it wouldn't even go over my shins lol.

i would really go with the ordering 2 idea. last time i did this diet i lost 8.5 stone (in less than 6 months)and went from a size 28 to a 12. what really shocked me was how quickly thesizes went down once the bulk was gone - i was a size 20 at the christmas and 12 by mid march.

Blimey Bessie that's amazing! I've lost 2 stone now but I would say I've probably only really lost a dress size so far. I spoke to my friend today and she says that we will probably be looking on the high street for our dresses so maybe debenhams etc so as long as I get into an 18 I will be fine! I would say im a solid 22 at the moment. X

The bigger sizes don't seem to go down nearly as fast- once you hit size 18 downwards it flies off- I was in a new size jeans every 3 weeks. Kinda hoping it will do the same this time !

The bigger sizes don't seem to go down nearly as fast- once you hit size 18 downwards it flies off- I was in a new size jeans every 3 weeks. Kinda hoping it will do the same this time !

I agree with BessieB, once the sizes start to drop they go very fast :) its great shopping and seeing the differences monthly.

I also agree about wedding / bridesmaid dress sizes, they are minuscule so no one should take any notice of the number inside :)

Back